GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L )

Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L ) Nokia Legacy Models Like 1011, 1610, 211x, 2x20, 6050, 3110, 8110, NKxxx , 2100, 3210, 3310, 3330, 3410, 5110, 5210, 5510, 6110, 6150, 6210, 6250, 7110, 8210, 8250, 8850 also 9110 & 9210

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2001, 21:15   #1 (permalink)

Member: 3831
Thanks Meter: 0
Question 3310 v4.02... Step by step [Part 2]

Hi,

Maybe you've read my earlier message about some kind of step by step. I'm working on it myself now and I've got a lpt cable ready (cheer!) Here's again some questions to get to my final goal...
Situation: My brother tried to unlock 3310 v4.02 with nokiatool.I did this on a 3210 earlier this week so I laughed when he said it didn't work. Now I'm despearately trying to get the phone back since now all locks are closed...

======================================

Here we go.

I've created a LPT-cable this afternoon according to the following url:

3310 dejan flasher cable

Using the datacable connector to connect it to the phone it looks like I made a pretty cool cable .

Now I need some software and flash files so here are my questions...

- First of all: What is the biggest "DON'T DO THIS" in the process?
- Can I check if my cable works correct before flashing or is flashing the only proof.
- I need Dejan flasher. Right?
- Is there some kind of version that you know is the last or the best to use?
- Is 3310_402.fls all I need? I've read something about bootloaders?
- What about the addresses? Start and end?
- Can I flash two ways? I mean: Can I download a flash too or only upload to phone?
- What do I change when I flash the phone? Is the language (dutch) gone?
- What about the IMEI. Dunno what it is but I've read that when it changes I cannot get to the network anymore...

I greatly appreciate your help.

Remco

[ 27 March 2001 22:18: Message edited by: Helmet ]
Old 03-29-2001, 10:34   #2 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 3068
hi there Helmet, i to am a newbie, but have managed to flash to and from a 3310, so moderators if im talking crap please edit!

first of all the hardest part was making the cable and seens u done this u basicaly home free .

1) biggest donts hmm many but logical, dont flash different versions dont flash different adress's dont disconnect while erase, even tho most of these can be repaired by reflashing

2) u bet u need Dejan flasher

3) versions as far as i can make out there is only the one that is free the other u need special hardware and pay lank for the software.... (but we dont blame Dejan For that,after all Genuis's have to eat to :P)
BTW the version number 1.00b...

3)u get 2 types of flash files partial (the safer) 64kb ,and full 1MB ,as for the boot loaders u can find them almost anywhere on the net i used the default ones i can mail them if u need it. start and end adress's partial are 00270000 - 00280000 note only for versions before and icluding 4.02, if u ever get a 4.06 or above it changes to 00280000. full flashes are between 0020000 and 0040000.

when u change the the flash u will not be changing the Imie and if it is flashed with a partial flash u should get network no problem. (or with full for that matter) but sum 3310's are buggie and tend to go wonkey after flashing

as for testing the cable, u should always read the flash first, first read on the current (working) state between 00270000 to 00280000 , then rename the file c:\flasher\flash.out to my3310part.fls or summing, then read flash again from 0020000 to 0040000 it will recreate the flash.out file, rename this to my3310full.fls (this kind of verifies that your cable is working fine. after that u can proceed to flashing the phone with a repaired partial flash try fatums site they worked for me.... ,copy this file into the c:\nk_files directory (thats where your boot loaders are aswell boot.bin and f_loader.bin), flash the phone by pressing F2 then enter the start address of 00270000 notice no end address make shure phone is off, and cable connected then hit enter enter and press on button phone dont turn on but yer pc screen now says summing like flashid:XXXXXX and starts erasing the flash next step it will copy the .fls file to yer phone this will be shown as a progress indicator on the bottom of the screen when its complete disconnect cable and turn on phone , then check locks should be kewl now....

but if u get tx error reading or writing its genraly cable problems, check and recheck,, sumtimes boot data errors or phone not respond error come up, try changing bios settings for parrallel port from spp to ecp+epp, or do what i done and put a stand alone isa lpt card in, got a pIII 900 ,flasher didnt like it 2 much but with the stand alone card all is well

have phun
Zianna
Old 03-29-2001, 11:18   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for your reply.
It is allways nie to know what you;re doing since all information is too much in this group. Specific info tat's what I need and what I get from you.
Thanks!
Remco
Old 03-29-2001, 11:26   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 707
Talking

Hi,

I have a PIII 800Mhz with Chipset motherboard. Flasher works in every Lpt1 settings in bios!!!

Also dont forget to check if your flash.out is good. It must NOT be full of "FF 00 FF 00" You can do this using a simple hex editor. Also can use Word (strange and look alike characters will be shown if flash.out is only "FF 00 FF 00") but hex editor is far better. If you have this kind of flash.out you must try different settings - boot.bin and f_loaders. You should write to phone only when you get a a good backup because if you have troubles, this can save your phone!

Since you have no experience with this I suggest you use a shell. Dark Lemming´s shell is very good and very often updated! get it at www.crosswinds.net/~darklemming there you can also download all partial files you may need althoug you MAY need repair files for your phone. You should maximize DOS window so programm will not seem freezed!

Also read old posts before doing anything, you will find all your answers

Regards
Old 03-29-2001, 14:12   #5 (permalink)

Exclamation

Confused...

I've build my cable. Tried it in the following way.

(btw: does gnd mean 'real' gnd as earth on heater/water or just pin 22 on lpt?)

- Put phone on cable
- Turn it on
- Enter pin and see 'sim not accepted'
- start flasher.com
- F1
- enter
'loading boot loader' appears on screen
After a while I get an error
'phone not respond ! tx=0 '
sometimes tx=1

Tried to put phone on after pressing enter
The I get an error
'phone not respond ! load boot data'

Wazzupp...

By the way. I've seen another kind of cable just like the one I've build but slightly different connections. ?!?
the url of that is:
another different cable?!?

More wazzuupppp....

Hmmm... I hope you can help me with this too.

Thanks,

Remco

[ 29 March 2001 15:17: Message edited by: Helmet ]
Old 03-31-2001, 11:29   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 871
Thanks Meter: 602
Turn on phone after the program say:
"Loading Boot Loader..."

Yes, the schematics here are the same, and
if what you built doesnt work on your PC,
then surely this scheme wont too