GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2007, 19:59   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 396326
Thanks Meter: 229
Question How to diagnose the DEAD???

What is the best way to diagnose the DEAD PHONE if there is possibility to repair or not….(phone already tampered and came from other service shop..)

Using only:
Jaf 1.94v
Griffin Box
Digital Meter
Adjustable Power Supply complete “Ammeter and Voltmeter Display”

CHK using jaf it say:
Getting MCU ID
Phone didn't answer with TX line high after power on!
Causes:
1. Phone don't power on -> Check cable
2. TX pin from phone don't make contact -> Check cable
3. UPP damaged -> change UPP
4. UEM damaged -> change UEM

MCU ID: 0xAAAA
Failed! Aborting!
Done!
Phone Restarted...

For me when I see the 1, 2, 3,or 4 causes: I reflow the ic mention by jaf
Next solution is RTO

I’m not a prof. mobile tech. But I really want to know how to diagnose this
Problem. Using this equipment. Anybody has an idea for this problem. I’m a fast learner you can post your response here.. Just gave me an example…

capri and somebody
Old 01-14-2007, 22:15   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 235325
Sonork: 100.1593552
Thanks Meter: 523
Hi,
From my opinion You can diagnose if a dead phone can be repaired by using a profesional Power Suply for the first time(in my opinion profesional means that the ampermeter and voltmeter of Power Suply must be Analogic not Digital).This method I'm using it for determin if a dead phone it has a software problem.For this method You must have experience in mobiles phones and few knowledges about electronical equipment.By example I've study electronics equipment since 5 graduate
Old 01-15-2007, 10:44   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 396326
Thanks Meter: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burebista View Post
Hi,
From my opinion You can diagnose if a dead phone can be repaired by using a profesional Power Suply for the first time(in my opinion profesional means that the ampermeter and voltmeter of Power Suply must be Analogic not Digital).This method I'm using it for determin if a dead phone it has a software problem.For this method You must have experience in mobiles phones and few knowledges about electronical equipment.By example I've study electronics equipment since 5 graduate

Yes, I do.. I had power supply with analog ammeter and voltmeter display...

Your opinion or diagnosing is just checking the ampere passing through power input looking at display analog. It just like that?

Thanks buddy...for your oppinion i appreciate that,,,

Anyone?????....

How about with jaf chck; MCU ID not at all display 0xAAAAAA what is that?
Old 01-15-2007, 22:54   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 231662
Sonork: 1607488
Thanks Meter: 390
power supply (digital)

Tc