GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2003, 12:13   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 3377
Thanks Meter: 1
IīM So tired, i canīt find solution for high power consumption!!!!

I measured the power consumption and was about 430-440 mAmp, then i changed the pa, reflow ccont, change ccont, try more paīs, change all bga, ... lot of components like capacitors , resistors... on microscope all seem right, no sulfate, no shorts, no break lines... iīm will turn crazy

the phone is a 3310 and a 3330... any idea?
Old 03-20-2003, 19:13   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 14076
hi, try to change Display. i had one that i changed almost everything and nothing. Display was short circuitered.
Old 03-20-2003, 20:27   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1060
Thanks Meter: 10
Re: IīM So tired, i canīt find solution for high power consumption!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DREAMGSM
I measured the power consumption and was about 430-440 mAmp, then i changed the pa, reflow ccont, change ccont, try more paīs, change all bga, ... lot of components like capacitors , resistors... on microscope all seem right, no sulfate, no shorts, no break lines... iīm will turn crazy

the phone is a 3310 and a 3330... any idea?
HI,,

what capacitor you replaced ?
try to check all "big" capacitor which is connect to "VBATT"
and clean battery connector !
and aslo check VTX path !

or you can try give a resistor 22k or 68K from BSI to GND,
and use power supply give 4V to VB+ , and use wintesla to make TX outgoing power level at level 5, and see how is it current used, that 350~450 mA at level 5 is normal !

Willy
Old 03-28-2003, 12:13   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

ok, thx willy for your help, i never replaced the big capaitors, only in 6210 for tipical repair hint, but never in others nokia, thanks again willy.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:59   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

hi, i changed first capacitor from VBAT, now max is 400ma, normal more or less, but i have another question for you willy, if you can answer you will help me a lot, sometimes i find phones, 3310 and 8210 that consume 430-420 more or less, i changed pa and some solutions more as you said here days ago, but no result, there is courious thing as if you take the cables from external supply and donīt move them then the phone show 400-410 but if you move the cables up or down consume change quickly to 430-440 350... is no normal i supose and maybe indicates something that i canīt see and maybe so easy and simply, no cable problem because with good phone if you mave the cables consumption no change.

What do you thing about this?, strange problem, am i crazy? or what happen with ****ing Nokia phones, sometimes i want to crash nokia phones against the wall
Information allways will be appreciate mates thanks for your help,
sorry for english and best regards.