GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2006, 13:18   #1 (permalink)

Member: 310901
Thanks Meter: 0
nokia n-gage qd hardware overclocking?

hello, i'm from poland, i haven't got any experience in modding/overclocking gsm phones, but i study phisycs, so i know something about electronics.

few days ago we've talked on our forum about hardvare overclocking of nokia n-gage

my friend gaved me some technical schematics of n-gage qd, and what interesting things i have found in them:

first i found a logical schema of cpu connections. they're not explained, but shortcuts can be known ( f.e. clk is clock)

look on the picture - there is only one RFCLK connection to CPU unit, schema sends to page 8, but i haven't found anything on it (it looks messy, i haven't checked everything already, look at the second picture)

the most interesting thing is what i found few pages further - complete draws and details of clock <COURSE; RUN; PROCESS> - don't know wich word explains it best)

25,8 MHz (896mV +/- ~55mV), i've read that n-gage has '4' multiplier, so 25,8*4=103,2 (MHz) - it's almost exactly n-gage clock frequency

i've located where it's placed:

but it looks like a empty place wich looks like some kind of connection, like somethinh should be plugged in it. on the teoretical schema it's named as J170, usually in electronics J means jumper, a place to connect smtng. on the schema there's a lot of other empty places marked as J'number'

on the elements list there is some metal plate named IO12 located over the plate with all electronic elements, but i haven't seen it 'for real' and don't know how does it look.

if i could find the clock element (usually it's a small quartz element) i could try to take it out (is solder a goog word? i found it in a dictionary) and connect in its place an oscilloscope (for checking) and sinusoide generator. then create a sinusoide wich looks exactly like the one on the illustration. if this would work i could try to give some more frequency, maybe it could work.

what do You think about it? maybe someone has a broken ngage qd, and can look inside and tell me how it looks, maybe make some photos?

ps. sorry for my english, but i know this language only from movies/music/internet, never had a possibility to learn english in school or smtng. hope Ypu understand what i'm writing
Old 07-13-2006, 13:31   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 74519
Thanks Meter: 79
Thanks you but let me know where is poland brother?
Old 07-13-2006, 14:25   #3 (permalink)

Member: 310901
http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/0_MAPS/0...1_enlarged.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poland
Old 07-14-2006, 08:29   #4 (permalink)

Member: 307961
Oww, where's the whole elite of this forum? Thread is very interesting and worth attention... pazeth: Yak is from Poland.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:51   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 23587
Thanks Meter: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerfes_pl
hello, i'm from poland, i haven't got any experience in modding/overclocking gsm phones, but i study phisycs, so i know something about electronics.

few days ago we've talked on our forum about hardvare overclocking of nokia n-gage

my friend gaved me some technical schematics of n-gage qd, and what interesting things i have found in them:

first i found a logical schema of cpu connections. they're not explained, but shortcuts can be known ( f.e. clk is clock)

look on the picture - there is only one RFCLK connection to CPU unit, schema sends to page 8, but i haven't found anything on it (it looks messy, i haven't checked everything already, look at the second picture)

the most interesting thing is what i found few pages further - complete draws and details of clock <COURSE; RUN; PROCESS> - don't know wich word explains it best)

25,8 MHz (896mV +/- ~55mV), i've read that n-gage has '4' multiplier, so 25,8*4=103,2 (MHz) - it's almost exactly n-gage clock frequency

i've located where it's placed:

but it looks like a empty place wich looks like some kind of connection, like somethinh should be plugged in it. on the teoretical schema it's named as J170, usually in electronics J means jumper, a place to connect smtng. on the schema there's a lot of other empty places marked as J'number'

on the elements list there is some metal plate named IO12 located over the plate with all electronic elements, but i haven't seen it 'for real' and don't know how does it look.

if i could find the clock element (usually it's a small quartz element) i could try to take it out (is solder a goog word? i found it in a dictionary) and connect in its place an oscilloscope (for checking) and sinusoide generator. then create a sinusoide wich looks exactly like the one on the illustration. if this would work i could try to give some more frequency, maybe it could work.

what do You think about it? maybe someone has a broken ngage qd, and can look inside and tell me how it looks, maybe make some photos?

ps. sorry for my english, but i know this language only from movies/music/internet, never had a possibility to learn english in school or smtng. hope Ypu understand what i'm writing

Brother, as far as i know the Nokia schematics, J is not for Jumpers but is for TEST POINTS !

And if you have the correct service manual , it will also have a page named Component Locator which will guide you to the exact physical location of any component, provided you know the correct part number , of course !