GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f148/)
-   -   A Trick For Nokia (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f148/trick-nokia-61391/)

mandu 10-30-2002 20:35

A Trick For Nokia

HAI, I TRY AN EXIPIREMENT IN NOKIA PHONES THAT IS ,I REMOVED ANTENNA SWITCH AND SHORT TX&RX&ANTENNA CONNECTIONS . PHONE REGISTERING NETWORK AND WORKING GOOD . BUT PHONE WORK IN SINGLE BAND .......... dear friends some members send me mail to ask me about this trick Some one write this will distroy phone ,oters ? where is first pin .First i tell you this connection make no trebbles in your phones if such trebble occours please send your replaies to me . This is the connection for antenna switch first pin is earth (down) total 16 pin switch .900mhz transmissoin short 6&12&16 connection .For 1800mhz band short 2&5&12 connection This methode onely work in nokia phones

sm@sh 10-31-2002 02:30

Sorry for some stupid question, but how to count RX/TX/ANT legs on diplexor (ant.switch)? Where is the first leg?

willy 10-31-2002 06:33

Re: A Trick For Nokia

Mandu

MIX TX with RX with ANT, i do not thing this is correct way to make phone work!

think, about TX power will go back to RX ......

Willy

Quote:

Originally posted by mandu
HAI, I TRY AN EXIPIREMENT IN NOKIA PHONES THAT IS ,I REMOVED ANTENNA SWITCH AND SHORT TX&RX&ANTENNA CONNECTIONS . PHONE REGISTERING NETWORK AND WORKING GOOD . BUT PHONE WORK IN SINGLE BAND . I TRIED IT BECAUSE I WANT TO CHECK ANTENNA SWITCH IS WORKING ,REALY IT WAS A SUCESS . TRY IT IF ANY PROBLEM SEND ME MAIL

alucard 10-31-2002 20:59

hi, i think what you are trying to do is destroying the phone nokia would not put the antena switch there if it has no purpose,

paygee 10-31-2002 21:24

i think a double diode will work for ant switch , as it is seen in alcatel be4.

KKK 11-04-2002 21:38

yes it works

mimmy228 11-07-2002 04:13

Re: A Trick For Nokia

Quote:

Originally posted by mandu
HAI, I TRY AN EXIPIREMENT IN NOKIA PHONES THAT IS ,I REMOVED ANTENNA SWITCH AND SHORT TX&RX&ANTENNA CONNECTIONS . PHONE REGISTERING NETWORK AND WORKING GOOD . BUT PHONE WORK IN SINGLE BAND .......... dear friends some members send me mail to ask me about this trick Some one write this will distroy phone ,oters ? where is first pin .First i tell you this connection make no trebbles in your phones if such trebble occours please send your replaies to me . This is the connection for antenna switch first pin is earth (down) total 16 pin switch .900mhz transmissoin short 6&12&16 connection .For 1800mhz band short 2&5&12 connection This methode onely work in nokia phones

Hi,Mandu

Where is exactly pin 2,5&12 for 1800mhz,
pls give us the layout
TQ

kazak 11-21-2002 04:42

it work
I connected Pin 16 to 12 ( GSM in to Antenna Out) , because I was not sure about the pin Numbering , But I think it's like that :
-Pin 16 go to PF8109 GSM Out ( pin 6)
-Pin 12 of diplex Goto antenna
-Pin 6 ( RX ? )

So refering to pin 16 , and by reverse counting , you'll get others
pin. Of course counting is same for any 16 Pin IC.
I didn't use pin 6.
I made mesurement on 4 phones (3310) but in 2 phone, I saw a ground shorted to Pin 16 of diplex , So I isolated the diplex input from the PA , then Made a Jump from the PA to Pin 12 of diplexer , I got Network & phone is working.
I'm in a 900 net , don't know about 1800
I know that this is not a famous way to repair a Nokia 3310 network , but it can help people who don't have acces to Hot air tools , Mini Lab, Oscillo & so on. It seem to be better than leting dozen of phones with no net.
Now if somebody can explain why it work , and how to test the diplexer offline with just a Multimeter , because I think this solution work on phone who have diplexer faulty. It will not work if the Pa or if the firmware is not good.
I'm interrested by a Block diagram of Nokia 3310 RF system ( TX & RF Path).
Thanks