GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2002, 20:35   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 17243
Thanks Meter: 13
A Trick For Nokia

HAI, I TRY AN EXIPIREMENT IN NOKIA PHONES THAT IS ,I REMOVED ANTENNA SWITCH AND SHORT TX&RX&ANTENNA CONNECTIONS . PHONE REGISTERING NETWORK AND WORKING GOOD . BUT PHONE WORK IN SINGLE BAND .......... dear friends some members send me mail to ask me about this trick Some one write this will distroy phone ,oters ? where is first pin .First i tell you this connection make no trebbles in your phones if such trebble occours please send your replaies to me . This is the connection for antenna switch first pin is earth (down) total 16 pin switch .900mhz transmissoin short 6&12&16 connection .For 1800mhz band short 2&5&12 connection This methode onely work in nokia phones

Last edited by mandu; 11-01-2002 at 19:11.
The Following User Says Thank You to mandu For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2002, 02:30   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 10833
Thanks Meter: 5
Sorry for some stupid question, but how to count RX/TX/ANT legs on diplexor (ant.switch)? Where is the first leg?
Old 10-31-2002, 06:33   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1060
Thanks Meter: 10
Re: A Trick For Nokia

Mandu

MIX TX with RX with ANT, i do not thing this is correct way to make phone work!

think, about TX power will go back to RX ......

Willy

Quote:
Originally posted by mandu
HAI, I TRY AN EXIPIREMENT IN NOKIA PHONES THAT IS ,I REMOVED ANTENNA SWITCH AND SHORT TX&RX&ANTENNA CONNECTIONS . PHONE REGISTERING NETWORK AND WORKING GOOD . BUT PHONE WORK IN SINGLE BAND . I TRIED IT BECAUSE I WANT TO CHECK ANTENNA SWITCH IS WORKING ,REALY IT WAS A SUCESS . TRY IT IF ANY PROBLEM SEND ME MAIL
Old 10-31-2002, 20:59   #4 (permalink)

Member: 16090
Thanks Meter: 0
hi, i think what you are trying to do is destroying the phone nokia would not put the antena switch there if it has no purpose,
Old 10-31-2002, 21:24   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 11742
Thanks Meter: 1
i think a double diode will work for ant switch , as it is seen in alcatel be4.
Old 11-04-2002, 21:38   #6 (permalink)
KKK
Freak Poster

Member: 838
Thanks Meter: 0
yes it works
Old 11-07-2002, 04:13   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 13726
Re: A Trick For Nokia

Quote:
Originally posted by mandu
HAI, I TRY AN EXIPIREMENT IN NOKIA PHONES THAT IS ,I REMOVED ANTENNA SWITCH AND SHORT TX&RX&ANTENNA CONNECTIONS . PHONE REGISTERING NETWORK AND WORKING GOOD . BUT PHONE WORK IN SINGLE BAND .......... dear friends some members send me mail to ask me about this trick Some one write this will distroy phone ,oters ? where is first pin .First i tell you this connection make no trebbles in your phones if such trebble occours please send your replaies to me . This is the connection for antenna switch first pin is earth (down) total 16 pin switch .900mhz transmissoin short 6&12&16 connection .For 1800mhz band short 2&5&12 connection This methode onely work in nokia phones

Hi,Mandu

Where is exactly pin 2,5&12 for 1800mhz,
pls give us the layout
TQ
Old 11-21-2002, 04:42   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 7843
it work
I connected Pin 16 to 12 ( GSM in to Antenna Out) , because I was not sure about the pin Numbering , But I think it's like that :
-Pin 16 go to PF8109 GSM Out ( pin 6)
-Pin 12 of diplex Goto antenna
-Pin 6 ( RX ? )

So refering to pin 16 , and by reverse counting , you'll get others
pin. Of course counting is same for any 16 Pin IC.
I didn't use pin 6.
I made mesurement on 4 phones (3310) but in 2 phone, I saw a ground shorted to Pin 16 of diplex , So I isolated the diplex input from the PA , then Made a Jump from the PA to Pin 12 of diplexer , I got Network & phone is working.
I'm in a 900 net , don't know about 1800
I know that this is not a famous way to repair a Nokia 3310 network , but it can help people who don't have acces to Hot air tools , Mini Lab, Oscillo & so on. It seem to be better than leting dozen of phones with no net.
Now if somebody can explain why it work , and how to test the diplexer offline with just a Multimeter , because I think this solution work on phone who have diplexer faulty. It will not work if the Pa or if the firmware is not good.
I'm interrested by a Block diagram of Nokia 3310 RF system ( TX & RF Path).
Thanks