GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Motorola > Motorola Old Legacy (EMMI)

Motorola Old Legacy (EMMI) CD520, CD930, L7089, М3x88 (3688, 3788, etc.), P7389, P7689,T180, T192, T250, T260,T2288, V50, V51, V2288, V3690,V3688 and all Timport, Accompli & StarTack Families.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2001, 11:36   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1730
Thanks Meter: 1
Post About Idiot Box

I see idiot box, but the scheme is still not very clear to me... like he disconnected the xtal 8.0000 from the scheme and put new config????? I do not understand, please can someone modify it still to make it clear? I took up engineering lessons in college and maybe my school is low tech, but is this really the formal and proper way to make schematics? Maybe my brain is not Y2K compliant! Please help (especially jammerone)

Best My Regards,
Salo
Old 05-22-2001, 17:31   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 3061
Thanks Meter: 0
Ok I will explain it to you best i can. My friend and I have made couple of ro-emmi boxes.
This is the problem with the xtal. You can connect it directly like on the other schmematics and it will work but the problem is in amplitude of oscilator! If the amplitude is not enough ro-emmi wil not work stable!!!! The small circuit that the author of the idiot box has add to the scheme is to make amplitudes of oscilator very nice and stable! This is all! It's like you add a driver to xtal that amplifies the amplitude of oscilations. Sometimes the bic can suppress oscilation to zero!!! This trick for making better oscilator is old and well known to electronic world.
That's it, i hope you see know why is this part of scheme added. You can find it in almost all the ro-emmi boxes that are selling today on the net!

Best regards to all...
Old 05-22-2001, 19:32   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 3845
Thanks Meter: 2
Hi,Digit4l
Do you have pcb diagram?
Old 05-23-2001, 01:13   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 3066
Hi,
So we have to put two oscilators in this scheme?

Thanx,
William
Quote:
Originally posted by diGit4l:
<STRONG>Ok I will explain it to you best i can. My friend and I have made couple of ro-emmi boxes.
This is the problem with the xtal. You can connect it directly like on the other schmematics and it will work but the problem is in amplitude of oscilator! If the amplitude is not enough ro-emmi wil not work stable!!!! The small circuit that the author of the idiot box has add to the scheme is to make amplitudes of oscilator very nice and stable! This is all! It's like you add a driver to xtal that amplifies the amplitude of oscilations. Sometimes the bic can suppress oscilation to zero!!! This trick for making better oscilator is old and well known to electronic world.
That's it, i hope you see know why is this part of scheme added. You can find it in almost all the ro-emmi boxes that are selling today on the net!

Best regards to all... </STRONG>
Old 05-23-2001, 01:15   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1904
Thanks Meter: 3
Yes,this schematic is a little beat strange.I realy dont understand where I need to connect the part with crystal:2 capacitors 22pF and R-100k,and what to connect to another out where was connected crystal 8000 directly.The end of two capacitors I supose goes to GROUND or maybe I´m wrong,after that numbers 5,6,8 and 9 could be pins of 74HCT14.If somebody knows what I´m talking about and wants help...
Old 05-23-2001, 08:20   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Ok people. If you don't know much about electronic than don't waste time!!! You have to use only ONE xtal! You can use one sistem of connecting (just simple connect cristal with two wires to a bic) or you can use a complicated and better one ( one with logic circuits)! Which logic circuit you will use is your choice!!!! You can use 74hc14 if you like it does not matter if the damn thing work ok on that frequency!!!

Thats it, if you know something about electronic than you know what i am talking about !!!

Best regards to all!!!
Old 05-23-2001, 08:22   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Just to make simple for all!!!!!

You can connect xtal directly and it must work !!!!!

Best regards to all ....
Old 05-23-2001, 10:27   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1730
Thank you for reply digital, I know about what you say of making stable xtal... Yes this is true, but what my problem is that I am only used to following proper schematics and not personal shortcut schematics. I can make (I think) anything just as long as the schematics is properly done. I think this one is properly done too, but not really the universal method that most of us here understand. It is like this schematics modification is made in another language... I wish you understand my point... So what I really need is not explanation why this modification is made, but a clearer schematics that show how really this modification is inserted into the old schematics... Can you please modify the gif file to make us understand

Best Regards, Lino
Old 05-23-2001, 11:48   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 4588
Thanks Meter: 45
Thumbs up

hı gsmsales where ı can dowload thıs schema and software or you maıl to me scheama and software thanks a lot
Old 05-23-2001, 11:53   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Check your mailbox!
Quote:
Originally posted by kenwood:
<STRONG>hı gsmsales where ı can dowload thıs schema and software or you maıl to me scheama and software thanks a lot </STRONG>
Old 05-23-2001, 15:47   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 4588
Thanks Meter: 45
Thumbs up

hi skipi this schema working are you tested software and schema and thank you mail to me all thanks
Old 05-23-2001, 22:59   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1904
Thanks Meter: 3
Skippy,please could you send me your schematics with bin files.Thanks in advance!
Old 05-23-2001, 23:14   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Check your mailbox!

Quote:
Originally posted by starpho:
<STRONG>Skippy,please could you send me your schematics with bin files.Thanks in advance!</STRONG>
Old 05-23-2001, 23:44   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Ok, i will try to exlpain tehnical details!

In one part of schematics is used a 74hct14 IC for a dsc enable. In that part only 2 logic circuits out of 6 is used from that 7414 IC. So, you can use another 2 internal circuits in same 74hct14 IC and connect them on pins marked as 5-6 and 8-9 from xtal part. So you use only one 74hct14 IC for dsc enable and xtal at same time and you have all pins of that circuit marked out in schematics. Two capacitors are connected to ground!

I hope that you understand this now!!!

Best regards to all ...
Old 05-24-2001, 12:05   #15 (permalink)
hek
Freak Poster

Member: 4175
hi Skippy,

please send me this shematics.

[email protected]

regards.