GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > LG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 18:00   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 5243
Thanks Meter: 80
How to repair the IMEI to ORIGINAL on KU990 & KE990 when damaged by free solutions

NOTE: This only works if you made a backup before you started to play with your expensive phone!

In the folder where you have run LGMDP_***.exe from create a folder called "NOT_ACTIVE_____" if it doesnt already exist (without the")
Copy your original good NV2 backup to NOT_ACTIVE_____ folder (this will have the IMEI number of your phone in the name)
Open the NOT_ACTIVE_____ folder (you need to be able to access this during the process)

Press Select port and chose your phone.
Press Connect
Press download
Close the window when it asks you to select files
Press download again
The software will now start making a new backup
You will see a new file appear in the NOT_ACTIVE_____ folder
When it starts making the new backup right click on it, click rename and press "Ctrl+C"or right click and copy so that it copies the name of the file.
YOU MUST DO THIS NEXT PART BEFORE IT STARTS TO WRITE THE BACKUP BACK
When it has finished making the backup DELETE it,
Right click on your good backup and click rename and press "Ctrl+V" or right click and paste, so now your good backup has the name of the file you just deleted.
Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

Tried and tested by me a few times now, and also seen in action by .:GSM International:. (I fixed his phone remotely http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...0&postcount=54) Then he helped "vet" these instructions for me to post here for you lot!
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexG For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2008, 18:04   #2 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 8879
Sonork: 100.84016
Thanks Meter: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
NOTE: This only works if you made a backup before you started to play with your expensive phone!

In the folder where you have run LGMDP_***.exe from create a folder called "NOT_ACTIVE_____" if it doesnt already exist (without the")
Copy your original good NV2 backup to NOT_ACTIVE_____ folder (this will have the IMEI number of your phone in the name)
Open the NOT_ACTIVE_____ folder (you need to be able to access this during the process)

Press Connect
Press download
Press download again
When it starts making the new backup right click on it, click rename and press "Ctrl+C"or right click and copy so that it copies the name of the file.
Right click on your good backup and click rename and press "Ctrl+V" or right click and paste, so now your good backup has the name of the file you just deleted.

Tried and tested by me a few times now, and also seen in action by .:GSM International:. (I fixed his phone remotely http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...0&postcount=54) Then he helped "vet" these instructions for me to post here for you lot!

1000000000000000000000000000000000% working, after other more professional ppl tried and failed!

Thanks man again!
Old 03-03-2008, 18:26   #3 (permalink)

Member: 717249
Thanks Meter: 46
Could you upload your good .nv2 files at any site? Mine is working with BT address but IMEI remains the same? BIG BIG BIG thanks for the Expert advise!!
Old 03-03-2008, 18:28   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

you need to use your own backup, the backup that has the correct imei on the file name is your good backup
Old 03-03-2008, 18:33   #5 (permalink)

.......................I just found out my GOOD backup is overwritten by the wrong backup.......hell, could you post a good .nv2 files?

It seems the IMEI is included in the .nv2 files, but Bluetooth address isn't.
Old 03-03-2008, 18:35   #6 (permalink)

From what I see on ku990.co.uk, some guy claim the AT%IMEI=Wanted IMEI only works with a 'Invalid Sim'?
Old 03-03-2008, 20:37   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

its impossible to overwrite your good backup with a bad backup as the imei that is in the phone at the time is in the name of the file or if the imei is damaged it comes up as the date where the imei should be.
Old 03-04-2008, 17:04   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 24552
Thanks Meter: 13
any way if you have made no backup to change imei back to what it was
Old 03-05-2008, 03:42   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 64893
Thanks Meter: 221
Yes, use the below link and it will repair your s/n and bt id.

http:///vbb/showthread.php?t=508796
Old 03-05-2008, 13:10   #10 (permalink)

Member: 707726
Thanks Meter: 0
my LG KE220 is locked show enter correct sim card plz give me unlock number for use other sim card
Old 03-05-2008, 13:23   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 56157
Sonork: 100.1573682
Thanks Meter: 171
yes its working 100000% but for some people who can do it ....
Old 03-05-2008, 20:51   #12 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 16816
Sonork: 100.42691
Thanks Meter: 105
all I did is copy my backup to NOT_ACTIVE______ folder then restore and it went fine.
then you can see imei is back to normal,also the bluetooth)

br

nlogomaster
www.gsm-traders.com
Old 03-07-2008, 22:50   #13 (permalink)

Member: 720789
gennie

well Alex do u know how to change the imei number of lg cu500? after unlocking through mtty the original imei is replaced by some other number is it possible to replace it by original? if yes can u plz explain the whole procedure? thanks in advance
Old 05-18-2008, 11:31   #14 (permalink)

Member: 148627
Im getting the same-with u990

I keep resetting the IMEI and Bluetooth back to what it says under the battery

then when I go to make back up its writes the info as " IMEI Numbered folder/COM4/Some numbers(date). NV file"

When I make "Not Locked Folder" am I to copy the "IMEI Numbered folder" or "Some numbers(date) .NV file" into "Not Locked Folder" ?

When Ive tried the unlock it says Successful- yet 02 sim Still not registering yet others are
Old 05-19-2008, 00:33   #15 (permalink)

Member: 775267
Sonork: dimdim
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG View Post

Press Connect
Press download
Press download again

Dear AlexG.I have read all the instructions but i get stuck at the point where u say "go to the imei section".Where exactly is that?i hope that u or someone who has done it will respond soon beacause iam cant find network and have no phone 2 days now.Thanks in advance!

i should have posted it in the link u give for those with no nv backup but i got confused from my panic!anyway if anybody can help i will be most grateful.

Last edited by koke80; 05-19-2008 at 00:39.
The Following User Says Thank You to koke80 For This Useful Post: