GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Multimedia

Nokia Multimedia No Unlocking or Flashing Programs here, this section for Ringtones, Wallpaper and other media Files and Windows/Java/Symbian games and applications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2005, 11:48   #1 (permalink)

Member: 100975
Thanks Meter: 0
Hidden numbers..??

Hi people. i was wondering is there any way to find out who calls you when calling from a hidden number..., is there any software for that? or that is impossible?
Old 04-03-2005, 12:47   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 127823
Thanks Meter: 10
I think thats imbossible because network operator hides the number and you cant show it using any software...
Old 04-03-2005, 20:06   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 46173
Thanks Meter: 1
Yes Reko is right. The operator hides the number so it even dosent reach your phone when someone is calling.
Old 04-04-2005, 00:20   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 111845
Thanks Meter: 2
Thats not technically true on our work phones we have a barring facility where we can bar calls from certain numbers and we have on several occasions barred someones number after they have called us and withheld the number although we werent able to find the number out but obviously there is software available hence if you call 999 with your number withheld and hang up they will call you back so the technology exists its just a matter of getting hold of it. Something i dont think we will be able to do.
Old 02-22-2006, 19:17   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 62561
Thanks Meter: 706
After the call signal, the operator sends a boolet (script package) to the recipient call phone to don´t show the call number. So, this message appears different by different phone manufactures: hidden number, withheld number, ID blocked... this message is inside the cellphone firmware. The opperator just send the command to the phone shows it. It sounds like a banner putted in place of incoming phone number. So, as i think, its possible to modding the phones firmware to ignore the operator instruction... But, it´s for masters...i´m just a curious...and sorry for my f**** english!
Old 02-24-2006, 00:29   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 14297
Thanks Meter: 56
far as i know the operator with holds the number and the phone just shows the "message" like withheld or private. Its done by the phone operator i.e the phone u used.