GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Multimedia

Nokia Multimedia No Unlocking or Flashing Programs here, this section for Ringtones, Wallpaper and other media Files and Windows/Java/Symbian games and applications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2005, 06:50   #1 (permalink)

Member: 177288
Thanks Meter: 0
How do I trasnfer data from old 32mb MMC card to 128mb MMC card ?

I recently bought a new PQI 128mb mmc card as an upgrade to my old 32mb mmc card that came with my Nokia 6600. The problem is, when I installed it, I noticed that except for the Contact list, my MMS setting's and saved themes (not the default one) including the saved SMS plus the Nokia original installed softwares could not be found.

But when I put back the old 32mb mmc card to check, they are all there but I think my SMS files are gone permanently (I don't know why), thankfully though they're not too important for me to worry.

I shall appreciate if anybody out there who could help me how I can transfer all the contents of my old 32mb mmc card to my new 128mb mmc card without any complicated proceedure?

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2005, 07:07   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 100579
Sonork: 100.1578318
Thanks Meter: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpi168
I recently bought a new PQI 128mb mmc card as an upgrade to my old 32mb mmc card that came with my Nokia 6600. The problem is, when I installed it, I noticed that except for the Contact list, my MMS setting's and saved themes (not the default one) including the saved SMS plus the Nokia original installed softwares could not be found.

But when I put back the old 32mb mmc card to check, they are all there but I think my SMS files are gone permanently (I don't know why), thankfully though they're not too important for me to worry.

I shall appreciate if anybody out there who could help me how I can transfer all the contents of my old 32mb mmc card to my new 128mb mmc card without any complicated proceedure?

Thanks!
For this u must have Memory Card Reader.
BY This u can easly transfer data from one mmc to another mmc.

Regards...!!
Old 09-05-2005, 10:20   #3 (permalink)

Member: 177288
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by roopesh_500
For this u must have Memory Card Reader.
BY This u can easly transfer data from one mmc to another mmc.

Regards...!!
Hi,

I do have a 5-in-1 card reader and writer and as a matter of fact it was the first thing I did when I got my new 128mb mcc card. I slid the old 32mb mmc card in order to copy its content inside Windows Explorer for the transfer but it just hanged, I did not even see what's in it.

I am sure there is nothing wrong with my card reader and writer as I have used it on my compact flash card and it reads its jpeg files just fine.

Does it have to do with Windows not understanding Symbian OS or am I already confused
Old 09-05-2005, 10:34   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 9368
Thanks Meter: 1
hi
do copy(from old card) and paste(new card) of all folders is simple