GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Sharp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2004, 11:23   #1 (permalink)

Member: 81335
Thanks Meter: 0
Unhappy GX30 SD/Mem/Card Help Plz!

Is it possible to upload java games from the mem card, i have loaded them onto it using the card reader/writer. Pics, tones & mp3s are perfect & i have no probs with them as they show up & can be used, but the games arent there when i try to access them, they are on the mem card but they obviously arent recognised in the phone & i cant understand why as everything else is recognised & is fine yet i've searched all over the phone but the games dont show up.
Would be so grateful if anyone knows how to get around this or if theres something i should be doing to make them work???? The games are in the correct format etc, so in reality they should work from the mem card surely??

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-10-2004, 18:20   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 35476
im affraid it isnt possible because when u load u the card theres on 4 folders
SOUNDS MOVIES PICTURES AND BACKUP, i even tried creating a new folder but the phone doesnt read it, its just another one of the blocks from vodafone
Old 09-10-2004, 18:48   #3 (permalink)

Cheers for reply,

I tried to put an extra folder in there also, but had no luck either.
Surely there must be a way to get the damn phone to read it off the card as it does with the other stuff?? Its rather stupid of voadafone to lock this mobile as it has in many ways, i shall contact them to see if there's anyway of getting around that problem, just wish i was clever enough to work this out for myself as they r quite hopeless at voda!

Regards
Old 09-10-2004, 19:45   #4 (permalink)

I contacted voda & sharp with regards to this so just waiting to see what they suggest or have to say!
Old 09-10-2004, 22:25   #5 (permalink)

Member: 76900
I have one suggestion, copy the game files to your computer and then visit sites like www.coolservice.dk where u can upload the files and later on dowload them via your phone wap. hope this helps
Old 09-13-2004, 10:35   #6 (permalink)

Cheers sharpmind will do that.
Old 09-13-2004, 19:22   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 37647
Pay GPRS for Java, that's the idea. Sharp and your network provider ........