GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Sharp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2006, 11:10   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 43188
Thanks Meter: 2
Question How to remove/change a Sharp 903SH Operator Logo ?

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to get rid of my operator logo on a Sharp 903 SH ? Even with a premium service.

I look since some week to find such a solution but failed to. There are plenty of free or premium service for brand as Nokia, S-E, Sagem, LG and so on but none for Sharp.

Let me know if you can help because operator logo have always bothered me and I've always removed them all.

Thank you.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:34   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Question

No ones knows ?
Old 11-28-2006, 18:31   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Question

No kidding, no ones knows ?
Old 11-28-2006, 23:14   #4 (permalink)

Member: 369342
Thanks Meter: 1
Oh, for <insert someone's name>'s sake! The only way to take away the operator name (no real logo on this model) is to change into the Japanese firmware and set it to not show it. Or using the hacked EU f/w you go into the 8+power- menu, change the 1 into 21 (making the phone load an uncomplete version of the Japanese F/W) by pressing the middle button and up at the same time. Then shut the phone down, start it again - the phone is in Japanese F/W. Go to settings and disable operator name. Then shut the phone, change the 21 back into 1 and use as always. Just don't make a master reset while in the Japanese f/w and don't play around with settings - you might end up doing a master reset in the EU f/w as the repro message can appear in the EU f/w, too, if something goes wrong.
Old 12-01-2006, 15:23   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebjp View Post
Oh, for <insert someone's name>'s sake! The only way to take away the operator name (no real logo on this model) is to change into the Japanese firmware and set it to not show it. Or using the hacked EU f/w you go into the 8+power- menu, change the 1 into 21 (making the phone load an uncomplete version of the Japanese F/W) by pressing the middle button and up at the same time. Then shut the phone down, start it again - the phone is in Japanese F/W. Go to settings and disable operator name. Then shut the phone, change the 21 back into 1 and use as always. Just don't make a master reset while in the Japanese f/w and don't play around with settings - you might end up doing a master reset in the EU f/w as the repro message can appear in the EU f/w, too, if something goes wrong.
Ok, thank you very much for this answer.

I think I'm gonna stick with my Operator Logo and forget about it. I've the EU firwmare version and the whole thing with 8+power never worked with my 903.

I know someone who can flash my 903 with the Jap version rewritten in English/French. He told me there is an option to not load the operator Logo. But he didn't explain all the thing you've explained me.
Old 12-01-2006, 15:43   #6 (permalink)

Member: 369342
Thanks Meter: 1
If you're going to flash it and don't need all those things that come with the Japanese firmware, ask him to flash the phone with the EU firmware that has the 8+power and #+power functions (usually the only EU f/w unofficial flashers have is the one with those functions). Only the official Vodafone EU firmware doesn't have those functions, and I presume you have a phone with exactly one of those "official ones" on your phone.

It's safe and quick. Just go into the 21-Japanese and change the setting and come back to 1-EU.

And yes, the Japanese f/w is bilingual, it has both English and Japanese.
Old 03-28-2007, 21:15   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Bha, I've sold it out now. Thx.