GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Federal One

Federal One Federal One & Prodigy Support Section

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2004, 12:50   #1 (permalink)

Member: 73537
Thanks Meter: 0
Thinking of buying one

Hi all,

Being new to phone flashing etc i need some advice.
I have been looking at all the forum's at different flash/service equipment and have as good as decided on Prodigy, original of course.
However can someone answer a few questions?

1. Where do i get new flash files from? Is there a prodigy ftp server or something/

2. Will i get any flashes with my box?

3. Can prodigy do a manual flash of a phone if it will not switch on at all (Like my nokia 7210 which is completly dead and when i try to flash with my cheap flasher it just says turn on phone which i cannot do).

4. If not above how can i flash a phone that will not switch on.?

5. Does Prodigy power the phone or do i need an external power source?

Sorry for all the questions but i need to be sure before i but one.

Big Thanks
Old 07-28-2004, 15:12   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 46456
There are some flash files on the FTP. Whther you will get CD's containing flash files really depends on the reseller you choose.

Yes Prodigy can manualy flash a dead handset aslong as there is no hardware fault.

Prodigy service cables will provide the handset with power. Therefore no external power source will be required.
Old 07-28-2004, 15:20   #3 (permalink)

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. I was speaking to the reseller who is listed on the Prodigy website as an official seller and they say that flash files are included.
Happy days, hope to fix my phone in a few days time when i get it.

Prodigy box ordered today from CompleteFone who are listed as an official reseller. Seems a very good price @ £107 delivered.???

Last edited by el51opo; 07-28-2004 at 17:04.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:23   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 5324
Thanks Meter: 7
@el51opo

yes that is a cheap price, seems u got it a bit cheaper than it normally should be, lucky you
Old 07-29-2004, 11:43   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 563
Thanks Meter: 22,328
i would not buy it, with one of my last prodigy, i blew up my box, and damaged my phone. Just read some feedbacks of different customers of prodigy box in this forum.
Old 07-29-2004, 13:23   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@Raskal, you talk alot of ****, It's quite surprising how all of a sudden your Prodigy box blew up just after nick reported what happend to his J.A.F.

Oh and next time you want to try and discourage a potential customer make sure you don't make a fool out of yourself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal
i blew up my box, and damaged my phone.
Why on earth **** up your Prodigy box for? Did you think think a genie would pop out or something?
Old 07-29-2004, 14:07   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 5324
Thanks Meter: 7
@Raskal

its ok, buy dont buy entirely upto you, buy to crack or buy to use. if you actually sat down and used prodigy you would probably find it hard to admit that it works better than your jaf or twister but this is understandable since you are our enemy and competitor so it is a liitle biased for you to interrupt the prodigy support section with your filthy comments and lies..... beleive me if your prodigy box blew up you would have tried to get CNN news to spread it worldwide.

however my jaf is dead ans still waiting for your Odeon guy to send me his address so i can send him free of charge this dead burnt out JAF box that worked for 4 minutes. and now is laying RIP on my side table waiting to go back to your developer for checking. but i guess you guys dont care if your box works or not, i told you again, send me your ****n up prodigy and use my dhl account number and we will check it and replace it for you if under warrenty still. and im pretty sure if it did **** up it was due to your guys attempting to crack the mcu

br
Old 07-29-2004, 14:17   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 2868
Thanks Meter: 514
Nick,
As the guy asked in his quote, i suppose he is not entirely in sight of our war with Mr $hit face - aka Raskal. So thanks that there are ppl that post after him and keep a decent reputation of Prodigy. Otherwise if i were the guy who started this thread, i would belive Raskal.

Also, remember one thing - never give your DHL account number to this scum bag. He will use your account to ship from China without your permission, and you will have too much problems after that.

Mr Raskal,
Please dont $hit against the fan.... You are smelling more and more every day passing.

BR
Daniel
Old 07-29-2004, 14:40   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 27881
Thanks Meter: 11
el51opo

Surely you will love Prodigy. Best for Nokia phones!!!

Just ask users.
Old 07-29-2004, 18:43   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyler2000
Nick,
As the guy asked in his quote, i suppose he is not entirely in sight of our war with Mr $hit face - aka Raskal. So thanks that there are ppl that post after him and keep a decent reputation of Prodigy. Otherwise if i were the guy who started this thread, i would belive Raskal.

Also, remember one thing - never give your DHL account number to this scum bag. He will use your account to ship from China without your permission, and you will have too much problems after that.

Mr Raskal,
Please dont $hit against the fan.... You are smelling more and more every day passing.

BR
Daniel
sorry but was some of the above directed at me
Old 07-29-2004, 19:36   #11 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies.

I have bought a Prodigy and it will be delivered tomorrow(Hopefully)
I have read all the different forums and i believe that the Prodigy forum offers the best and quickest support and that was a major factor in opting for the Prodigy. Also it was really good value for money and the reseller was friendly on the phone. Lets see what happens when i get it but i'm sure all will be well and if not i look forward to the help you guys have given to others.

Amen.

LOL.
Old 07-29-2004, 20:13   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by el51opo
Amen.

LOL.

Well said, AMEN !!!
Old 07-29-2004, 20:16   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyler2000
Nick,

Mr Raskal,

BR
Daniel
Hi pidar, would you please release a new bug free update, my FPS-XP customers are waiting for a real update without bugs. Try to use your brian for updates, not for war.
Old 07-29-2004, 21:38   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 9736
@el51opo

CompleteFone are one of the best resellers around. And you will be happy with Prodigy. Just use it with brains & all will be fine.

Migeni
Old 07-29-2004, 21:54   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@Raskal. It's a shame that you haven’t shown me any sign of cerebral development from birth in regards to your neural tissues. Whether any exists at all would be a better question. (oops sorry shouldn’t use complex words.)

And yet here you are telling others what they should and shouldn’t do.

How about you stop posting **** in every Prodigy related thread. Also if J.A.F is soo good why on earth do you have to make clones of Prodigy???

Every statemnet you attempt to attack with ends up being contradicted the next time you post...

do yourself a favour and either reply in an intelligent and mature way or keep shut.