GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > GSMServer Products > Smart-Clip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2007, 20:12   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 192348
Thanks Meter: 6
Problem with Change Imei on V3r, firstly was A.30, now is A.52

Hi Friends,

I have a v3r that firstly was A.30 Boot, i have try to change imei with prepare Phone and that to apply patch imei, but on this operation the SmartMoto give me Error A9.
When i connect the phone to Smartclip and search it, show this message:
Searching for phone... found Motorola Phone (V3r), getting test interface... clip communication failed
While if i connect the phone in boot mode, show this message:
Searching for phone... found S Flash Neptune LTE2, getting test interface... interface not found
Switching to flash mode... OK

After i continue to prepare the phone with positive results, but on the path imei the soft give me Error A9 or similar.

Then i have try to connect and search the phone with TP,and it's OK.
But if i would directly path Imei, the soft give me the message:
Phone is not in flash mode. Please enter flash mode before patching the phone.
This can be done by pressing 'Enter flash mode' button on 'Flash' tab (for old boots only!).
For newer boots, use 'Prepare phone' operation or TestPoint method

and i procede with to put the phone in Flash mode with button on flash Tab, continue the apply patch end write imei, but to power up the phone give me an error, and for resolve i must flash it, without change the imei.
I have try also to repair pds before apply path, and now the boot is 0A.52, i have try to apply path imei with TP but the phone to power up give me always error.

Excuse me for along speech, but now i don't know like resolve this change with boot 0A.52.

Can we help me?

Thanks

Old 01-29-2007, 20:34   #2 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 110715
Sonork: -
Thanks Meter: 234
try to downgrade bootloader
use Javvad repair method

then try again
br

Old 01-29-2007, 20:52   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

The problem not is the Boot, because not is a problem the TP, but, i don't undestand like change it without create error in the phone.

What is Javvad repair?

Thanks

Old 01-30-2007, 08:19   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I have try another V3r but with boot 0A.52, and i don't understand how can i change the imei on these phone.

On the first phone can i downgrade to 0A.30 the boot like was initially ? And how procede i to change??

Thanks

Old 01-30-2007, 08:30   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 229997
Thanks Meter: 636
@ Dirdan,

to make Restore IMEI the phone should be turned on (not in boot mode), that's why error A9 appears.

IMEI section of SmartMoto service software was implemented by developer of this program for repair (original IMEI restore) purposes only!
For some models IMEI could be restored simply by connecting the handset to SmartMoto via Smart-Clip as for flashing.
Some models require to be flashed with “IMEI repair firmware patch”, only after that IMEI could be restored.
In some cases flash chip on phone’s PCB requires to be replaced, to allow user to restore IMEI.

However, every user that applies to this option must remember the original IMEI to be able to restore it. In any case if SmartMoto user, during phone repair process, applies IMEI that differs from the original IMEI, which was previously set with the phone, is doing that on his own responsibility.

Developer of SmartMoto software does not take any responsibility for any incorrect use of that program.

About Clip communication failed, In case of getting an error "Clip communication failed", while detecting the handset, please check the output of Smart-Clip power source. For stable Smart-Clip functions minimum output is 9V & 500mA. Recommended power supply is 12V & 750mA.
Some phone models use a data cable for charging. So, as soon as it gets connected to Smart-Clip it starts charging and uses about 500mA, plus Clip requires another 130-150mA.

You can try to downgrade boot version on the first handset to 0A.30 using TP method.

Best Regards
Smart-clip team
www.smart-clip.com
www.GsmServer.com
www.boot-loader.com
www.smart-unlocker.com

Old 01-30-2007, 08:43   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I use the smartclip adapter of 9v and 500mA, but i have now testet also a pebl U6 for change imei and after the prepare phone, i try to change imei and the result is ERROR A9. And the phone is in boot MEM MAP BLANK, for return it to power up , i have sent a full flsh with RSD.

Why this error? the change imei not is ok?

Old 02-11-2007, 12:14   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 59319
Sonork: 100.1606948
Thanks Meter: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirdan View Post
I have try another V3r but with boot 0A.52, and i don't understand how can i change the imei on these phone.

On the first phone can i downgrade to 0A.30 the boot like was initially ? And how procede i to change??

Thanks

Try to write boot 0a.30 via TP and then full flash. Then you can use Prepair procedure and patch phone as usual.

Old 02-11-2007, 13:32   #8 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 8086
Thanks Meter: 180
No no no... it's communication problem, instable between clip and phone or clip and PC. Just try to use adapter 12V/1A for powering your clip, but not higher voltage than 12V! And in smartmoto at Smartclip tab "setup port for - compatibility".

Old 02-12-2007, 05:45   #9 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 110715
Sonork: -
Thanks Meter: 234
close msn-messenger and ALL applications that require internet

Old 02-12-2007, 23:57   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I have resolved with 12v adapter stabilized, and not with SC adapter.