GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > GSMServer Products > Smart-Clip

View Poll Results: What about your Smart Clip - What will you do?
I've got (or will get) a S-Card and use my Smart Clip as usual! 83 76.85%
I will just use my Smart Clip without a S-Card 6 5.56%
I'm going to buy another Motorola Tool (i.e. UBL) 9 8.33%
I have one (or more) faulty Smart Clip and will not buy more! 6 5.56%
I'll keep my Smart Clip as a spare but will buy another tool. 4 3.70%
What is a Smart Clip? 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2007, 15:10   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 10168
Thanks Meter: 153
S-Card Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimben View Post
I burnt two of my smart-clips using a normal 9v charger and it cost much less to buy ultima then to repair one box!!?
Quote:
I think smart-clip team sould offer a service to repair the clips
Agreed! I had the same problem with the clip dying; not very robust. Brought UBL and it really is great. Unless smartclip get their act together i think they will lose customers.

Majid
Now I posted an alternative to the S-Card in another thread, it got some interesting replies as you can see above... Then it was killed off!

The Smart-Clip has a double whammy. OK so I bought the clip... Then I was forced to pay to access the slow and oversubscribed support site... Then you get forced to pay out yet more money for the S-Card...

The quote about they will lose customers, should read they HAVE lost customers! Including myself, they HAVE lost at least four customers that I know personally!

You wait over six months for an update and then get kicked in the knackers when they release an update!

The UBL does what the Smart Clip does plus a lot of extra Motorola phones that Smart Clip ignores!

Please don't kill this thread as we all want to know how many more people will be putting their Smart Clip on Pension as its had its day!

Old 02-08-2007, 16:46   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 300540
Thanks Meter: 103
Lightbulb Feedback

These are very much vital and valid points, and believe wud be considered... !

Nevertheless, Feedback is only a source which makes manufacturer
make things happening !

Let's b optimistic, and see which way the wind ****s !

Thanks for the attention.

Best regards.

Old 02-08-2007, 21:38   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 21937
Thanks Meter: 279
well i already have the card , SC is doing very very well now with nice updates and very good support...
thought i already bought ultima box 2-3 months ago before SC team showed any update. ... but ultima box now also need new dongle....
it is very good to have 2 good tools anyway... as 1 is better for some things , and other is good for different stuff....
flasing with ultima is very very easy , and unlocking with SC is very easy.
thougt it is very anoying the need of getting power off the clip every time you need to unlock a phone with clip after smart moto use , will be very nice to have option to unlock any phone from smart moto from pc

Old 02-08-2007, 21:48   #4 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 81703
Thanks Meter: 1,332
I think he is talking about UBL.

Dear Jim.mahoney,

I have been using SmartClip since V550 appeared in the market and never had that problem. I always reccommend SmartClip and none of my *******r had such problems that you menthioned.

Why I still preferring SmartClip instead of any other box, easy, after a long time they only asked for 25$/year+60$ dongle. It's the best tool that I have and I have around 20 different unlock devices. They asked for money, yes but it's so easy to earn profit that even asking just 5$/unlock you will get the money back in one week.

If you have problems with your SmartClip, there are not usual problems. I have reccommend to all my SouthAmerica friends to get this device since it's working well and without any single problem. Around 2000 phones unlocked I think and never had a problem, and I'm a student not a business man.

BR

Luskao

Old 02-09-2007, 08:08   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 218135
Thanks Meter: 7
i've been using smartclip to unlock motorola phones for a very long time, in fact i have 4 smartclips, its a very nice tool and easy to operate.
the sad thing is when s-card was introduced and suddenly no stocks where available here in the philippines! i had to pay 120USD each just to keep up and be ready to unlock new models of motorola.
its also a sad thing that i will have to pay in order to download firmwares from bootloader!
finaly i bought ubl just to flash motorola because i thought that it would be cheaper.
now i have both great tools!
i'm using smartclip to unlock most motorola phones and using ubl to flash!
don't you think its a nice way to spend money? i just wish that i will have my money back soon!!!

Old 02-09-2007, 08:22   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 363434
Thanks Meter: 4
Hi friends
now smart clip has a good support with s-card and no limit for downloading
so I think no need to buy other tools.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:06   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 13980
Sorry but got to agree with jim, i burnt my sc out with a 9v supply, then it took me 3 months to obtain a scematic so i could repair it, but i replaced the burnt resistors with higher values and now i have a 12v sc!

i bout ubl instead, have no problems with it except that the laptop i use for unlocking has only 1 usb so flashing dont work, but unlocks great, and moreover - FREE SUPPORT!

When i was looking for an alternative to sc, as soon as i heard that UBL was backed by raskal i bought it on his rep alone, as JAF makes me so much money! I have not been dissapointed! I only use sc now for stand-alone convenience on the old motos

br, steve

Old 02-09-2007, 09:21   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 267265
Thanks Meter: 8
i buy smart clip,then i unlock many motorola phones,and i earn 20 times of box price,and i think its ok if we buy again s card,because i still earn again 50 times of the s-card price,that is ok

Old 02-09-2007, 09:30   #9 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Squidgy_45, the problem is...how much did you pay for that adapter? I paid 25€ for my power supply and NEVER had a problem. Sometimes it's better to spend a bit more of money.

I think that 90% of burnt SC are because of low cost power supplies or revers current.

BR

Luskao

Old 02-09-2007, 10:07   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 3279
Thanks Meter: 19
biggest problem wit SC TEAM is they are very unprofessional when it comes to upgrading their equipment , they stick to OLD TECHNOLOGY way beyond it expiry date , JAF TEAM / RASKAL always up to date with the latest technology .Take the S CARD , which was introduce only 3 months ago , JAF has been using this for a very long time now , more than 12 months , SC still using SMART CLIP for logins , once again old technology , JAF using PKEY for more than 12 months now .

Old 02-09-2007, 10:16   #11 (permalink)
Product Supporter

That is not unprofessional, they tried to avoid the payment update of Scard but when they can't protect the clip they released the Scard. I think Scard will take more power in the future, they are working at this moment or do you think that they rest all the days and suddendly a day they found something and release the update?

Scard will take more power in the future? Maybe, who knows, but at this moment they prefer to continue with the clip as interface and maybe in a few months they release an advanced box with the lower cost. They already improved flashing speed and are trying their best to CONTINUE with the support, they continue and they still giving support, just a few boxes/teams are offering the same as SmartClip

BR

Luskao

Old 02-09-2007, 10:19   #12 (permalink)

Member: 83237
Sonork: 100.1577738
Thanks Meter: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by luskao View Post
That is not unprofessional, they tried to avoid the payment update of Scard but when they can't protect the clip they released the Scard. I think Scard will take more power in the future, they are working at this moment or do you think that they rest all the days and suddendly a day they found something and release the update?

Scard will take more power in the future? Maybe, who knows, but at this moment they prefer to continue with the clip as interface and maybe in a few months they release an advanced box with the lower cost. They already improved flashing speed and are trying their best to CONTINUE with the support, they continue and they still giving support, just a few boxes/teams are offering the same as SmartClip

BR

Luskao

agree with you...........................

Old 02-09-2007, 12:27   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 247758
Sonork: 100.1574842
Thanks Meter: 259
Now Smart clip is the best support for Motorola.New flash file support for six month.Spacial thanks to Gsm server team.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:36   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 239548
Thanks Meter: 2,781
Quote:
Take the S CARD , which was introduce only 3 months ago , JAF has been using this for a very long time now , more than 12 months
Maybe the problems of protecting JAF/RASKAL's products have been approached little bit earlier...
You want SC to invent a bicycle? ...or you just want the box to be able to connect to computer via bluetooth, to download the latest flash files via GPRS Internet? Certainly it would help any Team to outstrip all contenders=)

Old 02-09-2007, 13:02   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 13980
Lusako:

Point taken, the adaptor i used to use was a cheap one, and by using a decent one or a battery i probably could have saved myself some trouble.

But, for a box that was quite expensive when i bought it quite a few years ago, it would have been nice if it had some protection, i have incorporated a simple reg circuit into mine, which fits on the original pcb, and provides future protection against over-voltage or reverse polarity, and cost in components no move than a few euros.

And at the time UBL was released, i hadnt had a sc update txt in 6 months, lots of members on here were asking is sc dead, and my customers were demanding their phones unlocked! UBL put me back in business on the motorolla side of things, i am only a sunday unlocker earning perhaps a hundred euros one day a week, so although sc had paid for itself many, many times over and i have no complaints, it seemed like time to move on. I may buy s-card in the future if sc's capabilities exceed UBL's, but at the moment its not needed!

br, steve