GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Smart-Clip (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f268/)
-   -   What should I do in case of update failure? (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f268/what-should-i-do-case-update-failure-158286/)

Gsmserver 09-02-2004 17:27

What should I do in case of update failure?

What should I do in case of update failure?

We figured that's the question a customer asks himself when he gets a strange message during update

so we ask you to follow the guidelines established earlier -

send the following to support {at} smart-clip.com :

Log file you get at update failure
Description of what had happened and a current status of clip

Your reports will be checked and processed and clips allowed for fixing.

If it is daytime here (GMT +02:00 time zone) you can repeat update attempt in 1-2 hours.

If your successive attempt is unsuccessful contact us again.

BR
Smart-Clip team

Feda 09-03-2004 05:26

4 trying times....

Hi...
I did that and till now I didn't recieve any reply..u can check that..I sent the log file for [email protected] two times.but no answr till now...
pls finde me asol'n ...
I'm waiting for reply
[email protected]

Mansoor 09-05-2004 10:33

For me I tried more than 25 time but later it workied for for me and Iam happy

Feda 09-06-2004 04:00

u mean u tried more than 25 times updating the clip...although u recieve DENIED every time u do that????
or u mean that more than 25 times mailing the team to solve ur problem like me??? :confused:
Really...I became very onfused ...and waiting for a sol'n for my problem...
where are the team to give me a sol'n....
I'm waiting since weeks...

Seedy 09-06-2004 23:07

I emailed you yesterday re my problem Login...Denied still no answer ? is my ISP blocked or something ??

garutech 09-18-2004 10:30

this is a good one , repairing box without online is wonderfull , actually this has saved me cost of sending it back , infact this is good for official resseler like me , have been able to help a lot of customer with this since not all of them here have access to internet.

Yasser 11-14-2004 23:44

Hi Guys

I have been having the same damn problem for more than 2 weeks now and over 6-7 emails sent with to [email protected] and [email protected], I got replies like...'try in 2 hours or 4 hours.............or tomm.....or it will be fixed''

I also requested for a solution eg if there is a hardware problem maybe or dignostic solution to see if there is a problem maybe on board but no reply.

Plus......why the hell does the server dont let me retry.....what is this 'Login DENIED' crap...???? what for?

I dont want to send to reseller due to postage...etc....time..

Can some1 please provide proper repairing/updating instructions....I have tried all .

Thanks

BR

Yasser.

Gsmserver 11-15-2004 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yasser
Hi Guys

I have been having the same damn problem for more than 2 weeks now and over 6-7 emails sent with to [email protected] and [email protected], I got replies like...'try in 2 hours or 4 hours.............or tomm.....or it will be fixed''

I also requested for a solution eg if there is a hardware problem maybe or dignostic solution to see if there is a problem maybe on board but no reply.

Plus......why the hell does the server dont let me retry.....what is this 'Login DENIED' crap...???? what for?

I dont want to send to reseller due to postage...etc....time..

Can some1 please provide proper repairing/updating instructions....I have tried all .

Thanks

BR

Yasser.

You encountered the problem because you pressed ABORT button before update process was complete.

The problem you encounter must be due to your unstable internet connection.

Please try to update your clip now.

BR
Smart-Clip team

Yasser 11-16-2004 00:56

Dear Mr. GSMSERVER,

I dont have problem with my internet....I have broadband. Everything else is working fine. I have also send screenshots of the errors i get, for example, Write failed.....etc.....it then retries for 5 times and then makes a log file.

I have tried again and again.....and still nothing.

Please remove ONE TRY ONLY thing from server...so i can retry again and again without waiting.

Also, are there any other checks which can be carried out?

Hope to hear from you soon

BR

Yasser

elherrero 11-24-2004 04:57

does not login

Hello!

i have a problem. When i press connect on the upgrade page, the clip gets detected, then it detects firmware version and then it attempts to login, but it does not go any further.. it stays on login state forever... any advise?
i have tried on three computers and got the same problem

Best regards

jeanfleur 11-25-2004 16:30

@support

Can you please look at my emails + http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173091 please?

I still have not any answer!!

BR,
Jeanfleur

elherrero 11-25-2004 18:38

Found a solution to login problems!

Quote:

Originally Posted by elherrero
Hello!

i have a problem. When i press connect on the upgrade page, the clip gets detected, then it detects firmware version and then it attempts to login, but it does not go any further.. it stays on login state forever... any advise?
i have tried on three computers and got the same problem

Best regards

Hello!

I found a solution to my problem. Gsmserver response never arrived.. :(

To all smartclip users that are experiencing the same problem i had, just disable any firewall or software that might be blocking your access. I had a web accelarator, i just shut it off and the problem was solved. I hope this information is useful.

Best Regards.

jeanfleur 11-25-2004 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by elherrero
Hello!

I found a solution to my problem. Gsmserver response never arrived.. :(

To all smartclip users that are experiencing the same problem i had, just disable any firewall or software that might be blocking your access. I had a web accelarator, i just shut it off and the problem was solved. I hope this information is useful.

Best Regards.

I think the biggest problem is that support don't answer any mail.
And therefore is only 1 solution.

BR,
Jeanfleur

jeanfleur 11-25-2004 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanfleur
I think the biggest problem is that support don't answer any mail.
And therefore is only 1 solution.

BR,
Jeanfleur

After trying again update was succesfull.

BR,
Jeanfleur

mobileclinic 11-27-2004 07:25

@Gsmserver,
I have problem with smart clip & sent mail twice on your [email protected] but no reply.Sending mail again today.
Kindly reply my mail.
Br.
Mobileclinic