GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > FuriousGold

FuriousGold FuriouS GOLD Support Area | Powered by FuriousTeam

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2006, 04:58   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 101542
Thanks Meter: 2
Furious Gold Box's manual... etc

I am starting this thread as to help myself and some other new user in unlocking or Furious product, to find out what is on the box itself and what does it do or indicate. And the correct ways to use the box and how to know if your box if having any problem without using phone to test it. This is very importance especially people out there who are using it for their business, doesnt want to kill the phone when the box got problem.

1) The top display only show running LED 'FURIOUS BOX'

2) Right Side Panel - Serial port, '+5V' indicator(top), 'Power' Indicator (bottom), Power switch (red pushbutton)USB port

3) Left Side Panel - RJ45 (1), 'TX' indicator(top), 'RX' indictaor(bottom), Toggle Sw (M-USB/F-USB), 'CTS' indicator(top), 'RTS' indicator(bottom), RJ45 (2)

Anyone care to help to explain how to use it correctly and what will the box and program show? Will there be any indication and what are the indictors for?

Thanks a million.

BR

Old 09-07-2006, 13:06   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 174315
Thanks Meter: 123
you have forums for support, read them, you have tutorials for both furious box2 and furious gold and dongle, you have online support.
when you don't know what to do exact..just ask

Old 09-07-2006, 15:03   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrolandgsm View Post
you have forums for support, read them, you have tutorials for both furious box2 and furious gold and dongle, you have online support.
when you don't know what to do exact..just ask
This is NOT very helpful, at least show some url here or tell us what you know.

I know that on furious site, they have tutorials and forum here that explain a little. Here are the two helpful links.

FuriousGold Box Hardware descriptions
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=316109

Pin Out
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=278276

But, did those two links or other link tells us, newbies or you, what are those indicators for? When will it be 'ON'. I am not talking about 'Power' and '5VFS' indicators, its the rest of the indicator.

I have read some other thread, not many people know that when using RJ45 (1), your toggle switch got to be up (M-USB). Many people made mistake because there is no manual or a clear step for basic usage of the box. Like when to switch the toggle up, when the indicator will light up, how to check if is your box is having proble or is it your phone. YES? NO?

I respect you and all of your here as senior and expert in these field, giving advises, but sometimes question asked are not answered or are giving off-topic answers.

On FG site, it shows that Steve is online on MSN, I added him sometimes back but I have never seen him online, because we might be in a difference time zone.

It is not that I dont want to ask, as I mention before, I dont get the answer i wanted.

-.-

BR

Old 09-07-2006, 15:06   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

i am on msn [email protected] so just add me..and we will discuss and i will explain all to you

Old 09-07-2006, 15:10   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

also is verry hard uploading files, offering suport,makeing updates...it is not easy..managing servers..furiousteam is working hard, but is true we can't satisfy all our clients requests..it takes some time for solving all problems..we are humans to

Old 09-09-2006, 05:58   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I understand it hard to give support to everyone. But I think a simple basic operating manual will do good, at least less people will make mistake and may kill their phone and lost faith in your product. That is why I am starting this threat to share anything I know to anyone out there who might need it.

Old 09-09-2006, 08:00   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

this is why tutorials are made for..but few of users read the tutorials...there users that not even know that are tutorials on site..
first step to do when you have fb2 or gold..is take a look on oficial sites and read tutorials and also give a ride on forums and 80% of the manual is solved..the rest is support and makeing new threads..

Old 09-10-2006, 05:47   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

yes, tutorials... do you have a tutorial that show you how to connect your box to your pc, when to switch between M-USB and F-USB, and telling you when will the indicators will light up and when will not? If there is, kindly show the links and not wasting time posting all the reply here and not mention anything, this is what I requested since I started this thread, as you said, "support and making new threads". And here I am doing it right now and again, no answers given.

I am here trying to gather all information so that searching would be easy for us. And for you guys, the furious team, would not have to repeat answers over and over again, like what daniel said about switching between M-USB and F-USB, he said in other thread, he has mentioned it millions of times, but yet people still ask. Why, because there isn't any manual for them to refer to when they got the box.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:52   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

http://www.furious-gold.com/default....ult.tutorials#
also i will make a full manual with full instructions for using furious gold and unlocking phones with it in max 2 days..it will be uploaded in support area and i will upload here to...to be all ok.
it's ok now?

Old 09-12-2006, 18:40   #10 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 4584
Sonork: 100.69564
Thanks Meter: 15,093
Cool

look here :

FuriousGold Box descriptions

You can use RJ45 1 when you connect USB only. This is the FTDI port and the fatest port to unlock, flash or work with FuriousGold softwares. If you want to use normal COM interface you can simply connect COM cable and USB for aditional power but this will be a lot slower. If you want best performance with your FuriousGold please use FTDI port.

On the back of the box you have to connect USB cable IN, COM cable port if you want, 5V flash button, this one must be pressed always better.

Best regards,
Steve.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:41   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

the problem is that all new customers refuse to read tutorials..they better make new posts with how/why instead of reading those tutorials..there are people that not even know that on site there is tutorials section...i always tell: read those tutorials and after that if you have problems post here

Closed Thread