GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 12:37   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 829361
Thanks Meter: 107
Forget the encryption

Dear Infinity Team,

Because CM saves encrypted flash files, the CM LPE is the only solution to edit these files. That application is absolutely outdated today. Even if that's a useful tool, It can not access any MT6235 flashes, can't edit the virtual keyboard of the touch screen phones and never was good at picture recognising. Because the encryption, that's impossible to use other editors nor a simple HEX editor.
Even if CM is the best tool to flash and repair Chinese phones, this unnecessary limitation highly limits the usefulness of it.
Please, think about it. I kindly pay again for an encryption free license, if needed, just do it, please.

Thank you for your attention.

Old 02-03-2010, 16:17   #2 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 1043909
Thanks Meter: 60,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencebacsi View Post
Dear Infinity Team,

Because CM saves encrypted flash files, the CM LPE is the only solution to edit these files. That application is absolutely outdated today. Even if that's a useful tool, It can not access any MT6235 flashes, can't edit the virtual keyboard of the touch screen phones and never was good at picture recognising. Because the encryption, that's impossible to use other editors nor a simple HEX editor.
Even if CM is the best tool to flash and repair Chinese phones, this unnecessary limitation highly limits the usefulness of it.
Please, think about it. I kindly pay again for an encryption free license, if needed, just do it, please.

Thank you for your attention.
Hi,
Thanks for your comments !

Please, post here detailed step-by-step information what features in Language Editor should be improved/added so we will try to make it ASAP. It';s really important for me to know your requirements to Language Editor software.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:57   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBoss View Post
Hi,
Thanks for your comments !

Please, post here detailed step-by-step information what features in Language Editor should be improved/added so we will try to make it ASAP. It';s really important for me to know your requirements to Language Editor software.
I think so, you don't understand the essence of my problem. Professional users use many applications and tools for the best results in firmware editing. Maybe, you love your programs, but the users need maximum felxibility and know that which tool is the best for which task. Because the encryption, that's impossible to use a CM readed flash file with other applications. Because this stupid limitation, I can NEVER use Chinese Miracle to read a firmware from a phone.

1. CM LPE absolutely can not edit MT6235 firmwares. All competitors able to do that now.
2. To edit the screen keyboard is not possible.
3. Picture recognition is very weak, especially at MIF pictures. For example: CM LPE never can find the icon labels of a Chinese iphone clone.

These are basic shortcomings and you won't solve them from now to tomorrow. So, you sould just dismiss the file encryption. That can be do from now to tomorrow.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:04   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42604
Thanks Meter: 187
Maybe he's talking about compatibility issue with other CM tools?

Why not read the flash file with that particular soft also?

BR

Old 02-04-2010, 03:32   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 60899
Thanks Meter: 792
like spiderman, ther is no encryption in their readout flashes and simple hexeditor look inside spiderman flash reveals a lot of it.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:48   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I know all these features and possibilities of course. I've got all the useful tools for Chinese phones. Btw, Spiderman is generally quite instable at flashing and can not flash MT6235 phones properly. I don't recommend it, only for pinfinding.

Old 02-04-2010, 19:40   #7 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 148515
Thanks Meter: 19,536
hello!

6235 language editing will be next update in Language editor
regarding two other question here will answer software author

Old 02-04-2010, 20:08   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Hi,

And what about the encryption? I think so, you should chain your users with the best service and features, not with output file encryption. I really love and use your solutions every day, but this methode of file saving is quite frustrating.

Old 02-04-2010, 21:37   #9 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 7436
Thanks Meter: 400
About MIF pictures - it support be in 1.29 version of Editor, about 6235 - some answer, it be supported. In release 1.29 you can see many new good feutures, what don't have now in any other tools for edition MTK firmwares. About encryption - not change, all files be crypted.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:15   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

They're good news, especially the support of 6235. As I see, the ability of editing the screen keyboards is still a missing feature. That can be made by a simple hex editor, but not with a crypted file, of course...

Old 02-05-2010, 01:28   #11 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 7436
Thanks Meter: 400
Virtual keyboard and other intresting feutures will be added in version 1.29 too. And before 1.29 maybe i release public beta version 1.28.xx - with some feutures from 1.29 - all users can see - working in progress and Editor have more and more needed feutures.

Last edited by InfinityHelp; 02-05-2010 at 20:02.

Old 02-09-2010, 00:37   #12 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 1043909
Thanks Meter: 60,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencebacsi View Post
.... So, you sould just dismiss the file encryption. That can be do from now to tomorrow.
Yes, I completely understand your request, but what do you think, what was the reason of files encryption in support area ?

We work hard trying to make good Infinity-Box support area...
We download many files every day...
We prepare that files, make it more compact...
We test many files every day and trying to avoid presence of damaged files in Infinity-Box support area...
We make files database that helps us to find new unknown files and put it in Infinity-Box support area...

Now you want to see absolutely unprotected files in Infinity-Box support area.
What will be at next day ?
Yes... A lot of lazy people (who never make support for their software, who never care about users, who never answer to user's questions etc. etc. etc.) start to copy plain bin files from Infinity-Box support area and make "support" for their products that is not supported.

Did you ever tried to think about this ?

We do not want to work for other people who can just copy files from one support area and put files in their own support area. We spend a lot of time trying to make so big flash files collection (for you too) as possible, and we do not want to make work for nothing.
So I can tell you one thing that will be for sure: the day when we start to upload non-crypted files into our support area will be the last day of our support for flash files database.
Do you want to see this kind of "gift" from our side ?

I am really interested in your answers.

The Following User Says Thank You to YellowBoss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2010, 01:52   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Sorry, but you are absolutely on the wrong way by this argumentation. Who is interested in your database. I have downloaded already almost 700 kinds of new firmwares from phones in my hands, but I used your database for firmware support maybe 3 times. Ok, I was happy at those moments, but they're only 3 phones of the thousands. You may encrypt your own database as you want. BUT Chinese Miracle encrypts my own work, my own flashes too and LPE encrypts my own big dictionary, what is also my work by hundreds of hours, not just downloaded from somewhere.
So, my short answer is that: Encrypt your database, but permit the users to make own decision at own work of their.

Closed Thread