GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Motorola > Motorola Hardware Repair

Motorola Hardware Repair here all threads Related to Motorola Hardware Servicing and Repairing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 16:57   #1 (permalink)

Member: 271140
Thanks Meter: 0
Motorola V3i - earpiece not working

I took the phone apart to replace the caller-id lens and the inner lcd cover.
It was dusty inside, so i cleaned it with air.

I disconnected the ZIF sockets to remove the lcd assembly to replace the inner cover.

Everything was successfully done.

I replaced the lcd assembly into the housing.

When I turn the phone it, the earpiece(the part you put up to your ear) no longer produces any sound. I have tried to increase the volume and still nothing. Only the speakerphone works.

I have seen some other posts about bypassing the earpiece ribbon or replacing the flex ribbon.

None of these ribbons seem to be physically damaged. I cleaned the flex ribbon contacts.

Anyone have nay suggestion as to what I should do, or more importantly, what is underneath the black tape covering up the earpiece ribbon as it goes into the lcd assembly.

Here are some pictures of the device.

The device itself

The flex ribbon and the zif connector

The earpiece, its ribbon, and the bypass point:
Old 05-21-2008, 06:00   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 178450
Thanks Meter: 54
i have one piece v3i whith same problem , changed new easrpiece, changed new flex, make wire baypass and nothing .
Old 06-17-2008, 00:38   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 220143
Thanks Meter: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sorrow View Post
i have one piece v3i whith same problem , changed new easrpiece, changed new flex, make wire baypass and nothing .
I am experiencing same problem as you with V3i. I changed all flex cables and cleaned phone and re-flow PCB. Could anyone please show us which element on PCB needs changing or repairing/jumpering etc.

Thanks
Old 06-18-2008, 06:43   #4 (permalink)

Member: 759348
Sonork: Kassim ( Small Phone )
Thanks Meter: 9
try to change the flex and ribbon again because, the flex and ribbon you are not good enough,do it your phone speaker will work fine in addition change audio ic