GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > All Siemens and Benq Manufactured Phones > S-Gold Based Phones

S-Gold Based Phones This is the section for all S-Gold based phones like: C65,C72,C75,C81,CF75,CX65,CX70,CX75,M65,M75,ME75, S65,S68,S75,S81,S82,S88,SK65,SP65,SL65,SL75 All about Papua Utils and x65 Flashers you can get it from here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2006, 05:42   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 232960
Thanks Meter: 419
sl65, c65 sim card error, but without the sim...

i have two phones with this problem, sl65 and c65, i power on without sim card, says this messagesim card error)with the sim card inserted locks in logo startup, full flash dont solves, believe i be an hardware problem, can anybody help me??
thanks!!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 10:25   #2 (permalink)

Member: 352096
Thanks Meter: 0
clean ur sim card and ensure it is contacting the gold connections, these type of errors mean that the sim card or the reader is faulty or bad conection, make sure sim card is right way up or not loose!

my clips broke so my sim card kept falling out of position even wen i put it in against the battery, had to keep re booting fone or re position sim card always ...ah well, i got like free 2 minute calls out of it ne way as lost minutes. hehe
Old 09-19-2006, 12:39   #3 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 135968
Thanks Meter: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cv65useuse View Post
clean ur sim card and ensure it is contacting the gold connections, these type of errors mean that the sim card or the reader is faulty or bad conection, make sure sim card is right way up or not loose!

my clips broke so my sim card kept falling out of position even wen i put it in against the battery, had to keep re booting fone or re position sim card always ...ah well, i got like free 2 minute calls out of it ne way as lost minutes. hehe
He wrote, he gets the message SIM Card Error WITHOUT a SIM is inserted.....
Cleaning the SIM Card and ensuring the connection doesent match......
Open connections cant couse an error if no SIM is inserted...

Sonds like damaged HW like S-Gold, RAM, or some wrong Signal-Levels on CC I/O(ChipCard Input/Output) or CC RST (ChipCardReSeT).

1st : Look in Shematics and try to exchange the ESD-Protection Diode (V1605) , PullUp Resistor R1614 (4,7K VDD_SIM -> SIM_I/O) and C1606 (18pF) this can couse such an error, but not the only possibility. (This are from M65 Diagramm - but values of those parts the same, maybe they have other names)..

2.nd : if this does not function, try to rehot S-Gold, RAM and Flash.

3.rd : If not works, exchange SRAM and/or S-GOLD or both...

greets from cloudy Duisburg
Old 09-19-2006, 19:01   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 232960
Thanks Meter: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by 424owe View Post
He wrote, he gets the message SIM Card Error WITHOUT a SIM is inserted.....
Cleaning the SIM Card and ensuring the connection doesent match......
Open connections cant couse an error if no SIM is inserted...

Sonds like damaged HW like S-Gold, RAM, or some wrong Signal-Levels on CC I/O(ChipCard Input/Output) or CC RST (ChipCardReSeT).

1st : Look in Shematics and try to exchange the ESD-Protection Diode (V1605) , PullUp Resistor R1614 (4,7K VDD_SIM -> SIM_I/O) and C1606 (18pF) this can couse such an error, but not the only possibility. (This are from M65 Diagramm - but values of those parts the same, maybe they have other names)..

2.nd : if this does not function, try to rehot S-Gold, RAM and Flash.

3.rd : If not works, exchange SRAM and/or S-GOLD or both...

greets from cloudy Duisburg
thanks...will try this!!!!