GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   x4x, x5x Flashpatching (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f341/)
-   -   callLogReader midlet (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f341/calllogreader-midlet-157172/)

adancau 08-26-2004 19:22

callLogReader midlet

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

This is a midlet made as an alternative to the LogReader by rc-flitzer and Seklth for Riza's CDR v2.3. It's a little bit more customised, and has the option to place a call to the number you're viewing in the log. If you want to try it out, go ahead, and I hope you enjoy it. Please keep in mind that development is still going on.

If you have any comments, any ideas on how to make it better, or you find any bugs, please let me know.

Download the attachment callLogReaderV0.1.zip.txt, remove the txt extension and unzip to some location, then copy it to your Java/Jam folder on the MMC.

Many thanks to Riza for creating the CDR. :)

Requires:
*** CDR. Call Detail Record v2.3 *** by RizaPN (see page 22 in the SLIKv56 thread)
*** Allow Java midlets to access root folders *** (see below:)

;*** Allow Java midlets to access root folders ***
;Firmware : SL45v56
;Author : chaos

;This patch will allow access to the whole MMC - addressbook, bitmaps, SMS... - from the midlet. It is useful for those who wish to write his own phonebook, EMS reader/writer or something else that needs more than its own storage folder.

0F28E8: 08 0A
0F29F4: BB001E59 2A4C2A12
0F29F8: B7001FB80020B600 08B6000902A00018
0F2A00: 212AB60021B60022 BB001E59B7001FB8
0F2A08: 4C2BC7000DBB0002 0020B600212AB600
0F2A10: 591223B70004BF2B 21B600224C2BB000
0F2A18: B0 00

Kind regards,
Andrei

V0.2 AVAILABLE BELOW

naransula 08-27-2004 07:03

Thanks for the midlet. Everything is fine for me with your midlet but there is a small bug in it; I could not read missed calls after I read other logs. I can read missed calls only if I read them first.

Naransula

adancau 08-27-2004 07:11

Noted, will try to reproduce, although haven't been able so far. Anyone else with this problem?

One bug I know about is that after looking at an entry and going back to the Log Selection area, the title remains Please Wait. This is to be fixed pretty soon.
I will start adding icons and cost related functions today, but I'm not sure when everything will be ready. If I manage the icons I will make a release this evening.

adancau 08-27-2004 14:20

1 Attachment(s)
UPDATE

callLogReader v0.2

Changes from v0.1
Some minor bugs have been fixed.
Added icons.
Some code reshuffling.

Download below.

yiourkas 08-27-2004 20:55

Will there be any unicode support?
I use greek letters to store my contacts in the addressbook, and when i'm viewing the log with your midlet i see question marks instead of letters... :(

adancau 08-27-2004 23:07

I will try to add Unicode support, but it's the second thing on the priority list. Right now I want to get cost options working, and that's pretty complex, plus optimize some read operations from the MMC.

Kind regards,
Andrei

yiourkas 08-27-2004 23:25

Yeap... That optimization is needed (it's a little slow)

Can you share the source of the midlet?

Seklth 08-28-2004 00:41

Sorry that was not a new version, current has arrived.

Let's to write together!
The authors midlets - in privates.
There is idea of searching for of the name - use a code from AbTools by Chaos.
But is slow.

adancau 08-28-2004 08:18

@yiourkas:
I will email the source to you on Monday. What's your email address? One thing I'd like to ask you though is that if you improve the midlet in any way to post it here with a new version number, and to send me back the modified source.

@Seklth:
It would be nice to code together, although it might be pretty difficult. What I suggest instead is the same thing I told yiourkas. I will send you the source for the midlet, and you can send me the source for yours if you'd like. We can both improve the midlet and post it here, and exchange the new sources.

yiourkas 08-28-2004 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by adancau
@yiourkas:
I will email the source to you on Monday. What's your email address? One thing I'd like to ask you though is that if you improve the midlet in any way to post it here with a new version number, and to send me back the modified source.

Check your PMs.

Thanx in advance...

vizionar 08-28-2004 21:01

Excellent log reader midlet! Congratulations for great work! I especially like how name is shown in call logs (date or time, name or number(if not in phonebook)) Also, good

Minuses:
- It is quite slow.
- Font size is a bit too big. If you can make it to use fonts as in Logreader, that would be great.

Pluses:
- name is shown in call logs (date or time, name or number(if not in phonebook))
- in sms log, time and number are shown in a list (although it is not seen what type of)
- option to call displayed number in log
- very intuitive icons

Suggestions:
- add option to change date of log file viewed (august is at the end :) )
- view of selected item could be better - no need for words "On" and sign "@" (looks ugly to me)
- add a way to scroll more efficiently, something like page up and page down, maybe on + and - button (on left side of sl45)

rc-flitzer 08-29-2004 00:05

Sorry guys, I overread the thread at first...

Okay, now we have several midlets (and versions of them) for log reading:
- Log Reader, originally be rc-flitzer (me *g*), graphical improved by Seklth
- Analyzator Log by ??? (somewhere in Poland)
- Call Log Reader by adancau

The first one was not much, but Seklth and MacKam made some nice design for it. Second one looks great but is a bit slow and also missing much features.
The third midlet from adancau has great features which I wanted myself to put into next LogReader version.

My question is here: should we each of us make his own log reader midlet? Sounds not so great, we could better share our routines. I made some graphical menu classes (Canvas) for LogReader, like a pulldown menu with page up/down, also month changing by pressing one key (number keys are used for this).
I would only need procedure for calculating costs, this is the most difficult part here, as adancau said already.

@adancau: Can you tell me how you want to calculate costs? My plan is using a charge.txt in Storage folder, where the user has typed in the charges of his mobile provider. Then I calculate on this data the costs. But there are no lines written yet (task for tomorrow)...

@vizionar: All of your ideas are welcome. :) I have simple midlet written, as soon as I have managed cost calc, you can beta test! It will not be well designed, but design is only a matter of art not of programming. *g* So no problem to solve design questions.

adancau 08-29-2004 06:43

@vizionar:
I know August is at the end. :)
Midlet reads date from phone and uses month to open current logs. So it wouldn't lose any functionality when we go into September. Next version will however implement a feature to view logs from previous months.

@rc-flitzer:
It would be great to share routines. I think it's better to have diversity. We could publish under the same name (call it logReader), different versions, say A, B, C etc, with change logs and everything, and share the code, so we can continually improve it. Basically we can make it open-source :)

You have PM.

Kind regards,
Andrei

adancau 08-29-2004 08:15

Better make it GPL than open source, so people will always make the source code available. :)

rc-flitzer 08-29-2004 13:21

@adancau: The name doesn't matter... We only have to distinguish the midlet from several people with different design and functions.
Sharing routines... hm, I have no problem with giving you source code, but it's commented in German until now. And second problem: there is no unity in displaying, I'm using canvas classes, you use standard Siemens classes, this is a big deal in programming.
My suggestion: we can make cost calculating routines together. This is a main part and easily to use in different midlets. :) More details soon in PM.

adancau 08-30-2004 17:40

UPDATE

callLogReader v0.25

Change Log
Code optimisation, parsing and displaying call entry lists is now 25-30% faster.
Bug fix: 7-digit numbers in SMS entry details positioned wrong on the page

JAR is uncompressed so it starts faster

Still some more optimisations to do before going over to cost calculation.

Kind regards,
Andrei

adancau 08-31-2004 17:01

callLogReader v0.30B (see below for download)

Change Log since v0.25

Summary
Great functionality added since v0.25
Part of the interface is new and improved
Midlet is uncompressed so it starts faster

Details
- Status report during operations is now displayed at the top (lets you know exactly what's happening at the moment)
- Read time has been improved (again) since v0.25 by as much as 20%
- There are now 5 log entries displayed simultaneously, instead of the previous 3
- Icon has been added next to the title ([]Outgoing []Incoming etc., where [] is the icon)
- Counter is displayed in the top-right corner (x/y) so you know your position at all times
- Added call option directly in the big lists, so you don't have to view an entry in order to place a call (of course, you can still place a call from the detailed entry view). Use the green call button to make the call.
- Left / Right buttons in the list now add as day- / day+ in the list and scroll to the respective days
- When viewing the details for an entry, icon is displayed at the top next to the title in a similar fashion as in the call lists
- In entry details green button now makes the call, in addition to the Call button on the left key
- In entry details up/down arrows now scroll through the entries (next/previous)
- Going back to previous screens now puts you back exactly where you were

Known bugs: Sometimes the midlet freezes during the read operation (same as the bug mentioned in the LogReader release info). Doesn't happen very often. Long press on the red button should bring the phone back to its senses though.

Hope you enjoy the new release,
Andrei

adancau 09-01-2004 08:35

Update callLogReader v0.30b

This is a service release. There was a nasty bug at month change in v0.30 and logs were becoming unavailable on Sept 1. Please redownload and delete logs eding with *200401.log in Misc. I appologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Andrei

vizionar 09-01-2004 09:46

There is a bug in v0.30b. I have one message received today, and it shows it 3 times on display, like this:
08:55 +xxxxxxxxx
---End of list----
---End of list----

adancau 09-01-2004 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by vizionar
There is a bug in v0.30b. I have one message received today, and it shows it 3 times on display, like this:
---End of list----
---End of list----

Will be fixed in a new release later today, which apart from this will have history.

Andrei

adancau 09-01-2004 14:19

UPDATE

name has changed to logNavigator, to avoid confusion

logNavigator v0.40

Change Log

BugFix:
- less than 5 entries per entry list displaying repeatedly
- should handle files of up to 7-7.5KB

New functions:
- Total time is now displayed at the top of each relevant entry list
- Implemented history function in main screen under the Options menu. History will search for past logs (at the moment only during the current year) and will display a menu to select Year/Month. No need to input anything manually.

vizionar 09-01-2004 14:50

Excellent! You have many good ideas, and you've incorporated them very well in this midlet.
My suggestions would be:
- to increase capability of midlet to read bigger files, because I believe many people have log files of at least 10 Kb, and some even up to 20 Kb (my sms log reaches aboput 15 Kb) So, this would be something that needs to be focused on.
- to make total time in separate option (i.e. in Options>All calls out/in, like in LogReader) because it is the information one doesn't need all the time, and it's better to use that space in display to show two more items in list. Plus, log file will probably load faster when that calculation is separated from loading (which doesn't say that it loads it slowly now, but it would be even faster).

rc-flitzer 09-01-2004 19:30

Wow, I'm very impressed of this midlet! Its speed, funcitionality and also well looking is to admire...
Hm, I don't see any reason for developing my logReader midlet any further, so I will stop it now (before I'm running out of time *g*).

@adancau: You're doing well work, midlet is already super. I think I won't be a concurrent for you since both midlet's are quite the same. But I can still give some ideas or advices for programing. I'm sending you source code of logreader 0.23 soon.

@vizionar: Good ideas, the last one I'm supporting: time of all calls is useful as an option, not as a permanent line. Or maybe making an option for showing / not showing this line.

adancau 09-01-2004 20:34

Quote:

Excellent! You have many good ideas, and you've incorporated them very well in this midlet.
My suggestions would be:
- to increase capability of midlet to read bigger files, because I believe many people have log files of at least 10 Kb, and some even up to 20 Kb (my sms log reaches aboput 15 Kb) So, this would be something that needs to be focused on.
- to make total time in separate option (i.e. in Options>All calls out/in, like in LogReader) because it is the information one doesn't need all the time, and it's better to use that space in display to show two more items in list. Plus, log file will probably load faster when that calculation is separated from loading (which doesn't say that it loads it slowly now, but it would be even faster).

Thanks for the appreciation. Regarding your suggestions:
- There will be a new version tomorrow morning, which will include support for files up to 16KB. Had to do some serious code reshuffling in order to achieve this, and still have some minor bugs left (that's the reason I didn't post it tonight - I'm dead, worked on the midlet all day). I think that 16-17KB is the limit though, and won't go any further up than that. I might try, but this won't be a priority unless people request it due to being unable to read their logs. In other words, 16KB ought to be enough for everybody. :)

- There will be an option (not sure though if in tomorrow's morning release) to show/hide the total time. It loads faster indeed without the total time. Even faster than before after the code reshuffling.

Kind regards,
Andrei

adancau 09-01-2004 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by rc-flitzer
Wow, I'm very impressed of this midlet! Its speed, funcitionality and also well looking is to admire...
Hm, I don't see any reason for developing my logReader midlet any further, so I will stop it now (before I'm running out of time *g*).

@adancau: You're doing well work, midlet is already super. I think I won't be a concurrent for you since both midlet's are quite the same. But I can still give some ideas or advices for programing. I'm sending you source code of logreader 0.23 soon.

@vizionar: Good ideas, the last one I'm supporting: time of all calls is useful as an option, not as a permanent line. Or maybe making an option for showing / not showing this line.

I'm really glad you like it. You shouldn't stop working though if your free time allows it, there are lots of people who enjoy and use your midlet.

It would be great to hear your ideas, and everybody else's as well. We want to make it better after all.
Thanks for sending me the source code, it should help me to improve the middlet for a future release.

Will include option not to show the total time, it's really useful, since after the code reshuffling files are parsed at least 20-30% faster than before. With it enabled it's about as fast as before.

Kind regards,
Andrei

rc-flitzer 09-01-2004 21:10

I have idea about key control of your midlet:
When you look at log list, you already can skip the days with left/right arrow. Could you also include page up/down with volume +/- keys? It's better for people who are not having 10s of calls each day.
For page up/down I think of skipping five entries forward/backward with a special feature: you have a loop in your list, but with page up/down it would be nice of make a stop at the beginning/end of list, if you're reaching it. That will be quite intuitive. :)
So you can "turn-over" (end <-> beginning) the list with arrow up/down, but not with page up/down.
Erm, do you understand? *g* It's not so simple to explain. Should I draw something? (For programing: J2ME: key values -13 and -14 in Canvas.keypressed(int keycode) routine)

cyperghost 09-02-2004 06:56

That's a good idea!
Or how about that. Like in LogReade, left and right arrow to activate the view mode if you are working in the lists..and the +/- buttons to jump to next day :)

adancau 09-02-2004 09:57

UPDATE

logNavigator v0.45

Change Log

- Support for files up to 16KB
- Control Panel added under Options menu, for future expansion
- Show Time option in Control Panel. Default is Hide - will not calculate/show Total Time in call lists. Other options - Show / Round Minutes. Round Minutes is due to request by guguly (the cellphone company i subscribed to rounds of seconds to minutes. So, even if I make a 2:30 call, its counted as 3 minutes; 6:10, as 7 minutes, etc.), and I figured other people might want this feature.
- History is now faster, but you need to have outgoing calls log for the months in a:\Misc, otherwise month with no outgoing call log (cd20040x) will be ignored.
- Controls have changed a bit:
- Call option is now exclusively on the green Call Button
- Left/Right buttons default to Back/Show
- PgUp/PgDown (+/- 5 lines) on the volume buttons
- Next/Prev Day on the record/play buttons

Other than bugfixes, work will now proceed in the direction of cost control implementation. Might take a while to get this done (might be a week+ or so, depending on the spare time I have), so don't hold your breath while waiting for it.

Well, I hope you enjoy the new release.

Kind regards,
Andrei

rc-flitzer 09-02-2004 11:32

Great new version! Thank you for implementing ideas about key control. Now it's a lot better (at least my opinion). History is loading fast enough for I don't need it soo often.

Unfortunately I have a bug-report: I can't read my SMS anymore... you must have changed something in reading entries because last version was doing well. It's no problem of missed cd2004.. file, I also can't read my SMS from previous month.
My suspicion: I get sometimes SMS with a name instead of a number. That's a kind of standard, but Rizas patch is giving me not the name but "+749785<2>238>:>2". Maybe that's a reason.
Effect in midlet: It hangs while "Readling log...", but using history or control panel, I can get back to log list.

Another idea for control: could you make a number steering for log lists and for the date? If you are viewing e.g. outgoing calls from 09/2004, you can switch the following:
1: go to previous log list
3: go to next log list. This will switch through outgoing, incoming, missed, sms.
If there is no entry, you will go to next list, etc. until you're coming back to the first list which is defenitely existing.

I have more ideas for control, but those can wait until cost calculation. But I have idea for cost calc: you should be able to configure the rounding of the minutes.
Now it's rounded in every case, but in Germany most things are rounded "60/1" that means first minute is charged full, then it's second precise. Or 60/30 (first minute full, then rounded every 30 seconds), 60/10, 10/10, etc. It's easy to program, I can give you source concept if you want.

adancau 09-02-2004 14:20

Quote:

Unfortunately I have a bug-report: I can't read my SMS anymore... you must have changed something in reading entries because last version was doing well. It's no problem of missed cd2004.. file, I also can't read my SMS from previous month.
My suspicion: I get sometimes SMS with a name instead of a number. That's a kind of standard, but Rizas patch is giving me not the name but "+749785<2>238>:>2". Maybe that's a reason.

You mean that's the actual number recorded? (+749785<2>238>:>2)??
Might be because of this, I will have to check. It would help to send me your sms log (I realize they are private, so it's up to you though. I live in +40 and calls to +74 are quite expensive on the other hand, so you can rest assured that in the interest of my own pockets I will refrain from calling anyone :)).

I will try to insert the number in my logs though, see what happens. If I can reproduce I won't be needing the log. Will keep you posted.

Anyone else with this problem?

Andrei

Edit:
Ok, I got it. I use char[][13] to store the number, so I get a nice ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException, since the number there is 17 digits long. I expected all the numbers to be in the +40123456789 format, which is 12 characters long. Will correct this.

tezet 09-02-2004 14:33

The new navigation is perfect! Just as I always wanted :-)
Besides of bug that rc-flitzer already reported I have found another. The midlet doesn't save settings after it's shutdown.

I have a small suggestion to increase the ergonomy. You could add a faster way to exit the midlet. It could be a double click on red button when the midlet is in the first screen to prevent accidentally exits. AnalizatorLogow by KF has this feature.

rc-flitzer 09-02-2004 15:09

Quote:

You mean that's the actual number recorded? (+749785<2>238>:>2)??
Yes, that's the "number"... it's not really the number, it's not even a +74 - I'm living in Germany, so +49 is my national calling code. As I said, it's a name "W.Grabbe" stored instead of the number. Modern mobiles can interpret them as text (maybe a flag or something), but not Riza's patch, so I just get this weird code number. Since it is the only number of this kind I don't need to know the name...

Thank you for correcting the problem. I think in Germany there are numbers of up to 15 chars length. Or foreign numbers, could be one or two chars longer.

adancau 09-02-2004 16:22

Update

logNavigator v0.45SR1

Service release

BugFix: Corrected bug mentioned by rc-flitzer. Number can now be 20 chars long, so there shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Kind regards,
Andrei

adancau 09-02-2004 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by tezet
Besides of bug that rc-flitzer already reported I have found another. The midlet doesn't save settings after it's shutdown.

That's not a bug, it's not implemented at all. There will be a time however when it will save settings.

Andrei

MacKam 09-02-2004 19:33

I've got some suggestions:

- So I think that Delivery Report it's only useless thing so we can add it only like option for check, not like now on the list. I mean add possibility to see that our SMS come using Icon Indicator in SMS->Sends So we will have few lines free.

- On detail screan add position indicator. Like on list screan.

+---------------------
| ### +1234455678 X/Y <------ This
|
| sent
|
| +1234455678
|
| Taday @ 11:18
+---------------------

Or add more icon indicator! Like in LogReader

+---------------------
| ### +1234455678 X/Y
|
| ICON INDICATOR <----- this
|
| +1234455678
|
| Taday @ 11:18
+---------------------

- Can you add furture like in AnalizatorLogów. I mean "Check name from AdressBook"?

- In "Control Panel" add possibitity to set "bild month start" e.g. form 8.IX.94 do 8.X.04. And on this data count "time".

PS: Andrei I'am impressed! It's so fast!
Oh.. and what do you think about this:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...&postcount=110

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Or request to Riza mayby he can add option in his CDR like "turn off Delivery Report LOG" because I think DR only make LOG file to more big.
Riza what do You think about write SMS to separete files too? On some phone I think SMS logs are too big, so java midlets can't handle with that big files.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

-------
regards for friends from simensinfo!

adancau 09-02-2004 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by adancau
Other than bugfixes...

Ok, I lied. :) Since I see that people want badly some specific features, I will do them before the cost calculation.
Here's a new update.

UPDATE

logNavigator v0.46

Change Log

- Added SMS icons in SMS list, since I see that many people ask for this. Date has been reduced to just day (month has been taken out) to accomodate the icons. (There will be a new version featuring icons in the detailed view also.)

Have fun,
Andrei

vizionar 09-02-2004 20:55

Esthetical suggestion regarding sms icons in lisst view - icons for received and sent sms should be more distinctive on first glance.
- Maybe only make one icon with transparent triangle (only black outline), that should make solid and noticable difference with not much effort, or,
- maybe use open envelope icon for received sms (as in Logreader), or,
- make receved sms icon have left-to-right pointed triangle (which takes up left half of icon) and half of envelope (which takes up right half of icon, so, it's arrow and half of envelope on icon), and for sent sms it could be half envelope on left side of icon and triangle on right half of icon (so that triangle shows away from envelope)...
Some people may have other ideas, but main thing is to make those two icons distinctive, even on first glance.

Icon for delivery report is great. Please don't change it :)
Great implementation of ideas in midlet! Thanks again!

cyperghost 09-02-2004 21:02

@vizionar:

It's no problem to make icons on your own. Open JAD with a packer, unpack it and set new icons, then pack it again and ready for start ;)

vizionar 09-02-2004 22:04

Heyyyy, I didn't know that! Thanks a lot! :) Now, I don't have to beg :) I'm a programmer myself ;)
Thanks a lot for tip! It's a great tip.

adancau 09-02-2004 22:20

UPDATE

logNavigator v0.47

Change Log

- added counter in detailed view mode (same as in the top right corner of the entry lists)
- changed SMS icons

Sorry guys, I had to take the axe to the SMS icon PNGs (for those of you curious enough to look in the resources folder in the jar). SMS icons are now done in the code using primitives. They're pretty simple yet I'd say they're intuitive enough. Also cut the screen PNGs there to include only the buttons. The reason for all this is that all that stuff takes up lots of memory, and with the last release you couldn't safely open a 12KB log.

I'm afraid we will have to keep in mind that the more features we implement, the smaller the logs that it can read.

Doing all the above managed to restore functionality with file sizes of up to 15, 15.5KB.

So unless you really want to mod icons in v0.46, I would strongly recommend to update to v0.47. v0.46 doesn't manage with large log files.

Kind regards,
Andrei

vizionar 09-02-2004 23:12

Wow, you sure are quick :) Icons are not as neccessary as ability to open bigger files, so thanks for new version, bu just out of curiosity, why was I unable to load midlet when I changed pictures in it? Name of pictures, or format, of course, I didn't change. Compressed files to bin.jar with following options:
Archiving type: JAR
Action: ADD
Compression: NONE
Method: STORE

Following error is displayed when I try to load midlet "One or more midlet classes not found:Application".

adancau 09-03-2004 05:51

Quote:

Following error is displayed when I try to load midlet "One or more midlet classes not found:Application".

No idea. Maybe you didn't include Application.class?

vizionar 09-03-2004 08:52

I did include evrything, whole bin file, just changed pics in resources.
Anyway, in next version of midlet, when you incorporate some more option maybe you could also change arrows for incoming and sent sms to be down arrow (received) and up arrow (sent) instead of left and right arrrow, as it is now. Just a suggestion. I belive it's even more intuitive that way.

adancau 09-03-2004 08:55

Ok, known bug in v0.47:
In the entry lists today's calls are displayed with the date instead time. Will be corrected in a new release this evening.

cyperghost 09-03-2004 11:59

Is it possible, to change the GUI like LogReader? I mean if you view an entry that it looks like that one as in LogReader? I don't know how easy it is to change that but the looking now isn't as good :)

But anyway - great midlet ;)

rc-flitzer 09-03-2004 12:00

Hello adancau!
Thanks again for new version 0.47. The indicator in detailed view is quite useful. :) Unfortunately there is one bug and one "sneaking bug".

In version 0.40 all special chars (in German there are ä, ö, ü, ß) were displayed correctly, but since 0.45 I only see a central point, also the active inverted line isn't bold anymore (not necassary, but looks IMO better).

The "sneaking bug" is, that scrolling through the log list gets slower from version to version. In 0.40 is was fast (0.1 seconds), 0.45 was slower, 0.46 was 0.25-0.3 seconds (you notice it), 0.47 is even slower (0.35-0.4 sec.) - that's a lot waiting time, it annoys me, I feel like using WinXP on an 386-PC. ;)
I know you have your reasons for not displaying images but drawing the sent/receive arrows yourself. But that costs more and more time. You should use Game class with sprites, they're much faster, as you can see in many action games for SL.

The sneaking bug is just to mention, there's no hurry to fix it now. It can wait 'cause I think cost calculation will be more important, also (for German users) the bug with the special chars.

adancau 09-03-2004 12:49

Quote:

In version 0.40 all special chars (in German there are ä, ö, ü, ß) were displayed correctly, but since 0.45 I only see a central point, also the active inverted line isn't bold anymore (not necassary, but looks IMO better).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Is it possible to send me a screenshot?
Will correct the bold issue.

Quote:

The "sneaking bug" is, that scrolling through the log list gets slower from version to version. In 0.40 is was fast (0.1 seconds), 0.45 was slower, 0.46 was 0.25-0.3 seconds (you notice it), 0.47 is even slower (0.35-0.4 sec.) - that's a lot waiting time, it annoys me, I feel like using WinXP on an 386-PC. ;)
I know you have your reasons for not displaying images but drawing the sent/receive arrows yourself. But that costs more and more time. You should use Game class with sprites, they're much faster, as you can see in many action games for SL.

Yes, I know about that. It's because I do a lot of calculations while displaying. That delay accounts for the customisations in display (e.g. time vs. date for today, displaying number instead of name if no name is present, seeing if it's sms to display icons, correcting some bugs from riza's patch - e.g. *222 is rendered in the file as +222 and some other). In the first ones, these calculations were done at read time, but this stopped since it involved heavy use of memory. This might be part of it, I will try to use Game, or optimize.

Kind regards,
Andrei

rc-flitzer 09-03-2004 19:06

Bold font was just my suggestion, I think it looks better. If someone has other opinion, please tell us.

@adancau: you've got mail

adancau 09-03-2004 20:38

UPDATE

logNavigator v0.47SR3

Service release

BugFix:

- Corrected current selection not showing in bold in entry lists
- Corrected today's calls displaying date instead of time

koper 09-04-2004 07:45

@adancau

Midlet is getting better and better. I think we're all waiting for time periodization, to choose since when the all in/out time should be calculated. I also propose an SMS indicator inside the midlet (beside great riza patch), which shouldn't be too hard to make. Still I thnk the time period selection is most important.

Thanx for your work.

koper