GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > Siemens-Benq Flash Patching > x4x, x5x Flashpatching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2004, 22:29   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42457
Thanks Meter: 1
FAM kills Adressbook - Let's discuss the reasons

Hi out there,

I just started this thread to find out, when and how the FAM patch starts to get mad - I mean to kill our Adressbooks. The reasons to start this thread are easy to explain. Every member who ever faced that problem could write what he/she has done with the phone before the adressbook gets corrupted.
For myself believe, that such a discussion can quickly solve our problem (maybe! ) - the best example therefore is the "50000 received SMS' error in SMS Counter Info Patch"

I just played around today with my EEP files. I got some from November 2003 and if I flash that one in my phone, all option from new application menu (Profil 2 and 3 ) are activated. That means that I record my calls, incoming and outgoing SMS (I seperated all - so I can select every option alone).... send a few SMS....and after some restarts..bummm... Adressbook killed.... I got NO call during that time. I really beleive that the recording of SMS can cause that. But please dear forum members, tell me your story - I'm sure we can help riza to avoid that problem
Old 09-07-2004, 23:47   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 66558
Thanks Meter: 0
In my case the phonebook went down after listening to MP3... I have 128MB Kingstone MMC and FAM2.1 patch applied. I think cyberghost predictions about the couse are right. It's most probably the FAM patch, which couse file damage on MMC. I also have some problem with writing files with mobile, while there is no problem when writing them with card reader. My MMC is fine (formated FAT) and works really well with Card Reader, so the problem must be in software, and it is shurely coused by some patch.

After braking Address Book I have problems with accessing MMC at all (using phone). I can't play MP3 and when I try to run MMC-Explorer it keeps loading for ages or sometimes switch ff after few seconds. When I try to access Address Book I ge message that it it already in use.

I home this problem can be fixed in a short period of time, becouse the problem is quite big!!!

Thanks for everything!
koper
Old 09-08-2004, 07:39   #3 (permalink)

Member: 26218
Hi,
I've patched my phone with CDR version 2.0 (without name searching) and, so far, my address book is OK. Is there anyone who's got tha same patch version and has got broken address book?
Regards
Kuba
Old 09-08-2004, 07:57   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 67838
guys, if you have card readers, do a chkdsk in windows on the mmc. back up address book and all important stuff first though. you'll be surprised how many problems it solves. i used to have lots of problems at one time, and did a chkdsk and everything was fine again. java applets still won't be able to access files on the mmc after sms (known bug in the latest fam), but i can live with that until it's solved.
Old 09-08-2004, 14:49   #5 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 51508
Other problems with adressbook.:
unicode- name like mačka(cat) č-is not in asci i think.
This name was changed to a lot of ****and 3/*/*-*/-*+-*+. Not just the name but everything in its detail (post, surname, city, numbers...)
That infected over 50°/° of my adressbook.
Till that they worked allright

I chnged the names with changed keys
/1: abc1ábčä/
/2: efg2é/

The fam or some other patch could done it.
Or just a PC program for siemens sl45i.
I dont know.

Worst dream.
Old 09-08-2004, 16:11   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 41707
Actually the only time this happens in my phone is when i'm accessing some file (i.e. mp3 player or java app) and someone calls me or i receive a sms (that's when the cdr patch opens a file).

A usual reaction is that all my address book entries contain the name + phone of the person who called me/send sms to me. Usually this problem is solved by removing the mmc and reinserting it.

Anyway, I haven't encountered yet the bug that doesn't allow me to access java appz after cdr.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:52   #7 (permalink)

Member: 52459
Buglist

my adress book damaged 3 times but i dunno what did this exactly.
my actions before corruption of adressbook

1-one times i received a call and after that i pressed red key,and my fone shut down. When i restarted my fone i saw while accessing to mmc it coulnt read and adress book was corrupted.when it try to read address book i removed mmc and put it again to read.But my adressbook was gone.

2-i was using logreader v021. suddenly it shut down my fone when i was looking to my logs. after that my addressbook corrupted again like before.

3-i ring someone 1 times and press redkey and my phone closed again and my adressbook gone.(this process takes only 3 seconds)

i think there is a problem with fam patch cos i only installed FAM2.1 and CDR patches. like in the 3rd condition accessing to log file when i press red key caused some problems especially if you call and after 2-3 seconds later hang up it.Also midlets are caused this problem while trying to read names from adressbook and maybe big sized logs..

also i noticed if fone shot down like in 3rd and 1st there is no new log entrys.i mean i cant see the entry of last call if fone shuts down while hanging up .

thx to all who is trying to make sl45 closer to exellent

note: please check your corrupted adressbook with an hex editor.I compared corrupted and backup. I saw some changed characters in the end of file.And one character at the beginning

in my adressbook file (5f02.adr)
0000h adresss first line was 13008900 in backup and corrupted 13008D00
last part was too long to write

Last edited by murcielagotr; 09-10-2004 at 02:57. Reason: misstyping
Old 09-10-2004, 07:19   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 27936
use ABKTools midlet to repair your address book in phone. it works for me well.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:45   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 66040
Thanks Meter: 14
@hrfonouni
ABKtool doesnt work for me. After using the midlet, if i access my addressbbook, it says MMC error.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:47   #10 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Is tehre any hope for patch fix? Does anybody know?

brgds
Old 09-10-2004, 08:13   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 65231
Riza said he's working on it, but it will probably take time. Especially after what happend few days ago, in his country, and very close to him.
Just be patient. If there is a way, Riza will most likely find it. But, even miracles take time
Old 09-10-2004, 09:28   #12 (permalink)
xc8

Member: 29824
i did some tests.. while listening mp3's i called (from a fixed phone) my mobile..the result was a currupted addressbook...
I managed to repair it, by using the AbkTools...
Now, as the CDR is disabled from the profiles , i receive calls while playing mp3 without ABK curruption.. so we have to wait for a newer version of FAM/CDR
Old 09-11-2004, 00:09   #13 (permalink)

Member: 52459
i think its hard

while playing mp3 fone reading mp3 file frequently. and when you receive call cdr patch trying to write call detail entry to log file and causes to a crash.All i know is fone can not perform more than more function while working with mmc.I mean it can only read from mp3while playing and can not write a log file at the same time. So its hard to solve i think. maybe if cdr logs in to fone memory and while shutdown process log can be written to mmc. Of course i dunno much about sl45 but im sure Riza can find a way...
Old 09-11-2004, 00:50   #14 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

This solution is absolutly unacceptable. One of the main reasons CDR exists is to log total time ammount of outgoing calls. This function is present inside the phone standard software, but it does exatly what you said - write@shutdown. If the phone isn't switched off properly, all data is lost, so you see: it cannot be written when the phone is shutting down. I think the best solution would be (at least a temporary solution) to stop mp3 player at incoming calls. This is not very confortable by me, but it may be the only way. The other (harder) way is to either write the log after mp3player stops (probability of data loss i less then at shutdown).
Let's just hope this will be solved preatty soon by one of the "good guys" ;]

BRGDS!
Old 09-12-2004, 07:25   #15 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 51508
The fam should be repaired. After a call My address book shows almost 6 names the same with that which called my. After I wanted to see those "entries" phone shows me no MMC card in phone.