GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   QUALCOMM Models (3G) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f352/)
-   -   How to install Java games to F480? (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f352/how-install-java-games-f480-583922/)

gunman1108 08-23-2008 11:49

How to install Java games to F480?

How can i install Java games or apps to the F480 without using wap?:confused:
With usb and so on...

Thx gunman

mistahk 08-23-2008 12:15

without usb.. should look like that.. you connect to it using bitpim, find where other games are, put them in the same folder each game in separate folder so eg. java/games/g1
/g2
etc in each jar and jad file

then using admin code one should make update javaDB, this is theory, first you must locate games folder then know java db update code, usu found in admin menu

gunman1108 08-23-2008 13:23

i have used bitpim to see the files and folders and there are no folders like game or games or spiele.

i have install to games by using wap but i can not find them.

i think these files are hidden by the system.

somebody has these folders or files already found?

sorry for my bad english

mistahk 08-23-2008 18:23

try this way you migh be succesfull, codes should be the same,

http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/inde...0&#entry512185

sensesme 08-24-2008 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunman1108 (Post 3592929)
i have used bitpim to see the files and folders and there are no folders like game or games or spiele.

i have install to games by using wap but i can not find them.

i think these files are hidden by the system.

somebody has these folders or files already found?

sorry for my bad english

Did you success using BitPim with F480?
Please say how you got that, thanks.

sensesme 08-24-2008 02:17

I finally got to see filesystem with BitPim :) but I cannot see those files either :confused:

mistahk 08-24-2008 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensesme (Post 3594299)
I finally got to see filesystem with BitPim :) but I cannot see those files either :confused:

you won't see them, they made them hidden in this model, try the way from the link above, it may be helpful

sensesme 08-24-2008 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistahk (Post 3594759)
you won't see them, they made them hidden in this model...

:confused: May be they can become visible changing some developer configuration at secret codes menus...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistahk (Post 3594759)
...try the way from the link above, it may be helpful

:( I tried, but it does not work for me.
At second step I never get mentioned 'New Folder' and at the end I never get it istalled.

Additionally, it seems not only we have a problem of hidden files but also it seem a matter of locked functionallity. Copying jar/jad files to 'Other files' and executing them from the phone should work. I think it does not work because installing from PC is locked (I also read this somewhere in the web).
;) So I am in the hope it can also be unlocked some way...

mistahk 08-24-2008 09:17

yes, its locked, samsung only lets to install java via OTA - over the air, so using gprs.. but in many phones there are ways to pass the protection, here in f480 we have the next step, unaccesible games folder

gunman1108 08-25-2008 09:01

hi.

i have now try QPST 2.7b, the same problem. the files are locked

mistahk 08-25-2008 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunman1108 (Post 3597135)
hi.

i have now try QPST 2.7b, the same problem. the files are locked

yes, but look at qpst its copyrighted 1998-2006, so probably it's an old version, but there are no newer releases on the net..

but when you have it try EFS explorer, mind that you must enter the entry point first, it doesn't read the fielsystem from root, until you give ita specific folder to read. so write eg. /Java or Java/Games and check whether ther is an access or not,

if you would be also nice iy you could upload somewhere printscreen of what folders there exaclty are in tocco,

eg. open it with bitpim, unfold the tree and make some screenshts, put them on imageshack then it might be helpful to see what is all about, because i don't have this telephone

regards

gunman1108 08-25-2008 18:09

hello

take a look on this link for the folders

http://www.gsmfreeboard.com/showthre...66#post1057566

(i can not upload pictures here!)

mistahk 08-25-2008 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunman1108 (Post 3598791)
hello

take a look on this link for the folders

http://www.gsmfreeboard.com/showthre...66#post1057566

(i can not upload pictures here!)

you have to log in, in order to see them, could you put them on imageshack, or zip them into one file and put on some donload server, would be grat

gunman1108 08-25-2008 18:30

Ok try this link

http://mitglied.lycos.de/gunman0275/F480.rar

mistahk 08-25-2008 18:38

there are some problems with this link, but i managed to download it,

thanks! will have some free time i'll get ino that and write any ideas

mistahk 08-25-2008 23:20

ok, so this is how it looks in my z400 [qualcomm, too]

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2...0grywu0.th.png

as you see tou don't have folder Applications or Games in Media - #1

problably they made it unaccesible by making differences between rc1 and ffs directory structure [unfortunately we don't have anything to edit them]

so try #1 try to make those directories in your phone manually via bitpim - se the reaction it may crash and say that folder already exist, if not [if you manage to make it] this can mean they changed the folder name, will se then what to do

#2 in my pic is as you can see my java app directory, making z400 firmware mod i managed to put it on my mmc and keep all the apps there, but agin not possible in today's qualcomm models :/

regards

sensesme 08-26-2008 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistahk (Post 3599305)
ok, so this is how it looks in my z400 [qualcomm, too]

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2...0grywu0.th.png

as you see tou don't have folder Applications or Games in Media - #1

problably they made it unaccesible by making differences between rc1 and ffs directory structure [unfortunately we don't have anything to edit them]

so try #1 try to make those directories in your phone manually via bitpim - se the reaction it may crash and say that folder already exist, if not [if you manage to make it] this can mean they changed the folder name, will se then what to do

#2 in my pic is as you can see my java app directory, making z400 firmware mod i managed to put it on my mmc and keep all the apps there, but agin not possible in today's qualcomm models :/

regards

I created folders /Media/Games and /Mount/Mmc/Games without problems (I am afraid it is a bad news).
I copied a different known working game inside each Games folder without problems.
I entered Admin menus using "secret codes" and I run:
Update media database
Update Java DB
Update app database
Create AX Dat File
Then I turned OFF & ON my F480:

Games still not installed.

After that I enterd BitPim and I could see all folders and files added still exist.

sensesme 08-26-2008 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensesme (Post 3600205)
I created folders /Media/Games and /Mount/Mmc/Games without problems (I am afraid it is a bad news).
I copied a different known working game inside each Games folder without problems.
I entered Admin menus using "secret codes" and I run:
Update media database
Update Java DB
Update app database
Create AX Dat File
Then I turned OFF & ON my F480:

Games still not installed.

After that I enterd BitPim and I could see all folders and files added still exist.

Sorry, I was wrong with directory paths. But Now same results with:
/Media/Games
/Mount/Mmc/Java
(and placing each game inside its own folder)

mistahk 08-26-2008 11:56

i was hoping a bit on on #1
in #2 it won't run for sure cos as i wrote mine works only because modified my firmware

coming back to #1 hmm i guess they might made a differently named folder for games, or its totally new stuff out of their bag of tricks.. guess i have to look some more into the firmware..

regards

sensesme 08-26-2008 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistahk (Post 3600688)
i was hoping a bit on on #1
in #2 it won't run for sure cos as i wrote mine works only because modified my firmware

coming back to #1 hmm i guess they might made a differently named folder for games, or its totally new stuff out of their bag of tricks.. guess i have to look some more into the firmware..

regards

Thanks if you have any other idea just let me know to give it a try :)

mistahk 08-26-2008 20:18

sensesme: can you tell me where are the applications and/or games when you install them via gprs? where in the phone what folder is that? what menu? TIA

sensesme 08-26-2008 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistahk (Post 3601947)
sensesme: can you tell me where are the applications and/or games when you install them via gprs? where in the phone what folder is that? what menu? TIA

I entered all directories one by one. They are no where: hidden

sensesme 08-26-2008 21:47

:D:D:D:D:D
I GET IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D

(Give few more minutes to find out witch one of the 3 places where I copied the game is the right one)

mistahk 08-26-2008 21:58

good news! waiting for your update :>

sensesme 08-26-2008 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensesme (Post 3602117)
I GET IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Give few more minutes to find out witch one of the 3 places where I copied the game is the right one)

Sorry guys,

FALSE ALARM

After a lot of tries repeting same procedure it does not work.
I have a lot of games but none installed... well that is what I though but the only explanation I found is I already had one game installed with the coincidence I made the test with same game.

Well this is the only explanation I can have (:mad:what a coincidence!!:mad:)

Any way if some of you want to give it a try I just made a folder for the game at existing folders (I used BitPim):
/User/Exe/Java
and also at:
/User/Exe/Java/filesystem

and I copied jar/jad files inside.
Then I turned off/on device (this is what make me suspect because it should no be enough to rebuid Java DB)

Sorry once again :(

mistahk 08-26-2008 22:36

ok, easy [;

first please tell me where you can find games that you install via vap, but don't look in bitpim, just look at your phone menu! what name does it exactly have? games? apps? apps & games?

then, we might try mem dump your phone, try to look for the folder in memory

sensesme 08-27-2008 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistahk (Post 3602201)
ok, easy [;

first please tell me where you can find games that you install via vap, but don't look in bitpim, just look at your phone menu! what name does it exactly have? games? apps? apps & games?

then, we might try mem dump your phone, try to look for the folder in memory

All of them get installed at:
Applications - Games
How to dump phone memory?

mistahk 08-27-2008 18:06

download this http://qcbqsanalyzer.googlecode.com/...MAT%20V361.rar

- unpack and run
- go communication tab > use com/usb
- go bootloader/download tab
- if you have connected the phone to the copmputer it should alerady been detected
- read mem in Dwn mode but first change range from 00100000 to 36500000!
- press it
- name file e.g. dump.bin
ok, should go, nevertheless it may take soooome time because it will gather about 32mb of data over not very fast connection

mistahk 08-27-2008 18:35

hmm, ok first try standard tab not bootloader/download as i mentioned earlier
standard mode range the same as above

sensesme 08-27-2008 22:03

I have tried, port is detected, bin file is created, but never grows in size. I get a "please wait" log but nothing else happens.
Do I have to set F480 USB in Qualcomm mode (like BitPim needs)?
Any way I have tried with/without it with same result.
I will make some more tries, if I success: What do I have to do with bin file?

sensesme 08-27-2008 22:15

Also, when I have USB in Samsung mode I get 2 options at "Select Mobile Com Port":
COM3 - Samsung Mobile Modem
COM3 - \Device\sscdmdm0

Similar thing happens when I am in Qualcomm USB mode, but Com Port is now COM4.
In this mode I also get an extra port (COM5) about diagnostics.

Any idea about what do I have to use?

mistahk 08-27-2008 22:17

it should be in qualcomm mode but you may try in the ohter, too they might have changed something
you can also start from 00000000

you may also want to try wcdma workshop I saw one here on forum

run
set port - the same as with qc bs analyser
connect
read

memory tab
memory eprom
start 0010:0000
size 36500000
read

you may also want to start not from 0010:0000 but from 0000:0000

sometimes in both programm it took some tries to work properly

the bin file is to be looked at hex ed, i cannot really tell you what specific to look for
the best if you could send it to me i could compare it to my qualcomm phone dump

[be advised it may contain some private data, dialled phone numbers, etc, of course I won't use them to anything, cos I'm not interested in that, I'm honest that's also why I mentioned bout it to you - so the decision is yours]

sensesme 08-27-2008 22:26

I understand your last directions refer to wcdma workshop.
I searched this forum and the web and I cannot find it.
Do you have any useful link?

mistahk 08-27-2008 22:37

it's here :>

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=508049

yes the second part is about cdma workshop, but try also 00000000 in qc bs anlyser

sensesme 08-27-2008 22:38

Now I have the bin file growing...
The port to use was:
COM5 - Qualcomm Diagnostics Interface 3197 (COM5)
instead:
COM4 - Qualcomm Propietay USB Modem (PID 3197)

(last one is what I use with BitPim)

sensesme 08-27-2008 22:59

Wow! it takes about 4 minutes for 100kB, so it means about 20 hours for 30MB.

sensesme 08-27-2008 23:05

I have to wait for weekend to stick my phone so many hours to PC

mistahk 08-27-2008 23:08

yes, diagnostic interface, sorry i didn't mention that, just didn't think, for me it's automatic..
don't be scared, should take less than hour [;

gunman1108 08-28-2008 11:11

hi @ all

what about the way about the browser?
i have found in the java settings a adjustment called :
Tck Serveradjustmen

with the address:

http://...:8080/test/getNextApp.jad

and i found in the file called wmls.conf this:

/* AUTHENTICATION METHOD
* No authentication: 0
* CertMgr: 1
* WIM: 2
* PKCS11: 3
*/
AUTHENTICATION_ORDER 1

/*Label of the user certificate stored in Certificate Manager */
USER_CERTIFICATE_LABEL "WTLS_CERTIFICATE_ONE"

/*Type of certificate to be used in WIM */
* x509 CERTIFICATE 2
* x9.68CERTIFICATE 3
* WTLS CERTIFICATE 1
*/
WIM_CERTIFICATE 1

/*WIM Login Pin file Name */
WIM_LOGIN_PIN "3F0050150001"

/* Bulk Cipher Algorithms
* WTLS_BCIPHER_NULL: 0
* WTLS_BCIPHER_RC5_CBC_40: 1
* WTLS_BCIPHER_RC5_CBC_56: 2
* WTLS_BCIPHER_RC5_CBC: 3
* WTLS_BCIPHER_DES_CBC_40: 4
* WTLS_BCIPHER_DES_CBC: 5
* WTLS_BCIPHER_3DES_CBC_EDE: 6
* WTLS_BCIPHER_IDEA_CBC_40: 7
* WTLS_BCIPHER_IDEA_CBC_56: 8
* WTLS_BCIPHER_IDEA_CBC: 9
*/
BULK_CIPHER_ALGORITHM 3

/* Mac Algorithmas
* SHA_0: 0
* SHA_40: 1
* SHA_80: 2
* SHA: 3
* SHA_XOR_40: 4
* MD5_40: 5
* MD5_80: 6
* MD5: 7
*/
MAC_ALGORITHM 3
/* Key Exchange Suite
* WTLS_KEYX_NULL: 0
* WTLS_KEYX_SHARED_SECRET: 1
* WTLS_KEYX_DH_ANON: 2 s
* WTLS_KEYX_DH_ANON_512: 3 s
* WTLS_KEYX_DH_ANON_768: 4 s
* WTLS_KEYX_RSA_ANON: 5 s
* WTLS_KEYX_RSA_ANON_512: 6 s
* WTLS_KEYX_RSA_ANON_768: 7 s
* WTLS_KEYX_RSA: 8 s
* WTLS_KEYX_RSA_512: 9 s
* WTLS_KEYX_RSA_768: 10 s
* WTLS_KEYX_ECDH_ANON: 11 s
* WTLS_KEYX_ECDH_ANON_113: 12 s
* WTLS_KEYX_ECDH_ANON_131: 13 s
* WTLS_KEYX_ECDH_ECDSA: 14 s
*/
KEY_EXCHNAGE_SUITE 5

/* PARAMETER INDEX
* if RSA --> 0 s
* if DH -->
* DH_512: 1 s
* DH_768: 2 s
* if EC -->
* EC_1: 1 s
* EC_3: 3 s
* EC_4: 4 s
* EC_5: 5 s
* EC_6: 6 s
* EC_7: 7 s
* EC_8: 8 s
* EC_9: 9 s
*/
PARAMETER_INDEX 0

/* PrivateKey Location
*/
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \dh_512\dh_prkey.inf"
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \dh_768\dh_prkey.inf"

//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \rsa_512\rsa_prkey.inf"
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \rsa_768\rsa_prkey.inf"

//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_1\ec_prkey.inf"
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_3\ec_prkey.inf"
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_4\ec_prkey.inf"
PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_5\ec_prkey.inf"
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_6\ec_prkey.inf"
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_7\ec_prkey.inf"
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_8\ec_prkey.inf"
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_9\ec_prkey.inf"

//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_1_un\ec_prkey.inf"
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_3_un\ec_prkey.inf"
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_4_un\ec_prkey.inf"
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_5_un\ec_prkey.inf"
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_6_un\ec_prkey.inf"
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_7_un\ec_prkey.inf"
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_8_un\ec_prkey.inf"
//PRIVATEKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_9_un\ec_prkey.inf"

/* PublicKey Location
*/
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \dh_512\dh_pukey.inf"
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \dh_768\dh_pukey.inf"

//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \rsa_512\rsa_pukey.inf"
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \rsa_768\rsa_pukey.inf"

//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_1\ec_pukey.inf"
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_3\ec_pukey.inf"
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_4\ec_pukey.inf"
PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_5\ec_pukey.inf"
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_6\ec_pukey.inf"
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_7\ec_pukey.inf"
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_8\ec_pukey.inf"
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_9\ec_pukey.inf"

//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_1_un\ec_pukey.inf"
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_3_un\ec_pukey.inf"
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_4_un\ec_pukey.inf"
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_5_un\ec_pukey.inf"
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_6_un\ec_pukey.inf"
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_7_un\ec_pukey.inf"
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_8_un\ec_pukey.inf"
//PUBLICKEY_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_9_un\ec_pukey.inf"

/* Self Certificate Location
*/
//SELF_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \rsa_512\wap_root.bin"
//SELF_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \rsa_512\rsa_cert.inf"
//SELF_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \rsa_768\rsa_cert.inf"

//SELF_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_1\ec_cert.inf"
//SELF_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_3\ec_cert.inf"
//SELF_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_4\ec_cert.inf"
SELF_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_5\ec_cert.inf"
//SELF_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_6\ec_cert.inf"
//SELF_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_7\ec_cert.inf"
//SELF_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_8\ec_cert.inf"
//SELF_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\client \ec_9\ec_cert.inf"

/* CA Certificate Location
*/
//TRUST_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\ca1\rs a_512\rsa_cert.inf"
//TRUST_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\ca1\rs a_768\rsa_cert.inf"

TRUST_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\ca1\ec _5\ec_cert.inf"
//TRUST_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\ca1\ec _7\ec_cert.inf"

/* ROOT Certificate Location
*/
//ROOT_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\rca\rs a_512\cawap_root.bin"
//ROOT_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\motoro la_rcert\vrsn.wap"
//ROOT_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\rca\rs a_512\rsa_cert.inf"
//ROOT_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\rca\rs a_768\rsa_cert.inf"
ROOT_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\rca\ec _5\ec_cert.inf"
//ROOT_CERTIFICATE_PATH "e:\project\shp\security\wtls\proto\keyinfo\rca\ec _7\ec_cert.inf"

and i found in the file called ImsReg.ini this:

#Version
Version=4
#Client
Event Package=0
Sip Organization=dmsr1
Session Mode=1
VoIP Vocoder=2
Sip Comp=0
Transport Mode=0
#Server
P-CSCF FQDN=ims.sec.samsung.net
PDG IP Addr=192.168.2.100
PDG FQDN=ims.sec.samsung.net
PDG Addr Type=0
P-CSCF DNS Addr=0.0.0.0
P-CSCF IP Addr=192.168.2.100
P-CSCF Port=5060
P-CSCF Addr Type=0
#Local User
URI TYPE=sip
Public ID=6813
Private [email protected]
Password=umtstime
Local User ID FQDN=ims.sec.samsung.net
Local IP Addr=165.213.90.70

Security Type=0
#Remote User
URI TYPE=sip
Public ID=6812
Remote User ID FQDN=ims.sec.samsung.net
Remote IP Addr=165.213.90.222

is it possible to connect of the IP Addr. to F480?

mistahk 08-28-2008 15:26

gunman1108:

used gatling emulator, or just browser?

gunman1108 08-29-2008 11:40

hi

just browser

sensesme 08-30-2008 17:51

I got an idea but I prefer to ask for opinion before doing anything.

I do not know too much about Java apps but as far as I understand jar/jad files are installation files that are to be removed after installation.
I also expect if we find out the right place to put jar/jad files, apps will become installed just updating Java DB at “secret” admin menus.
Continuing with my dummy deductions I assume a WAP installation is made up of 3 stages: download jar/jad, installation/updating Java, delete jar/jad.
Then this is my question:

What would happen if I remove battery right at the end of download progress bar during a WAP installation?

I do not believe installation procedure will resume at F480 power on.
In that case if those files are not hidden they could be seen with Bitpim.

sensesme 08-31-2008 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensesme (Post 3613595)
I got an idea but I prefer to ask for opinion before doing anything.

I do not know too much about Java apps but as far as I understand jar/jad files are installation files that are to be removed after installation.
I also expect if we find out the right place to put jar/jad files, apps will become installed just updating Java DB at “secret” admin menus.
Continuing with my dummy deductions I assume a WAP installation is made up of 3 stages: download jar/jad, installation/updating Java, delete jar/jad.
Then this is my question:

What would happen if I remove battery right at the end of download progress bar during a WAP installation?

I do not believe installation procedure will resume at F480 power on.
In that case if those files are not hidden they could be seen with Bitpim.

OK, I just did it and I have to say I was right but no lucky, downloaded temporary jar/jad files are also hidden, so nothing to do :(.

This is what I did:
  • Start installing a WAP game.
  • I let navigator download progress bar to finish.
  • Right after that starts another progres bar in the middle of the screen that says: Storing..., I do not let it to finish I remove the battery in the middle of that progress bar.
  • At phone power-on the game DOES NOT APPEAR INSTALLED as I wish. At this time what I expect to have is temporary jar/jad files stored somewhere in the phone.
  • I searched the files with BitPim UNSUCCESSFULLY :mad:
  • Once bored of serching files I entered admin secret menu and i run: "Update Java DB" ant THE GAME BECAME INSTALLED.
So it means with this procedure jar/jad files become downloaded and stored for ever in some temporary place.
In this situation installation completes successfully just running "Update Java DB".

But I cannot find where they are stored, I am afraid they are hidden.

mistahk 08-31-2008 12:09

yep, exactly

lemme clear some things
to have a game/app in samsung you need 2 files jad and jar
jar is the exact application
jad is just a description few lines of code [but samsung requires it anyway]
they are not being deleted after installing since you need them - jar stays because it is the apllicatioj/game itself
from jar some things are being extracted during the process of instalation e.g. icos, settings etc,

what samsung idi between models l760 the new one with the same fw coding as f480 is they have hid the java folder

since you can't see it with the tools we have you cannot instal anything to it

there are 3 ways to solve it

1 get something to decompress/compress firmware files - hard luck
2 change the java scanner folder as I did i my z400 mod
3. try to get the exact loaction of the folder folder and try to put something in it or at least the locatnion maybe we wil be able to find it and change it

that is why i asked you to make the mem dump, i don't have f480 myself nor any of my frinds have, thus it's impossible for me to do that and I am affraid for now this is the only possibility

regards

denal 09-01-2008 13:24

maybee this could work
http://usmanafzal.110mb.com/doc/Inst...0on%20X700.pdf

mistahk 09-01-2008 13:32

x700 is Trident/AGERE Platform and f480 is qualcomm so I gues it won't work, but of course you may try

JazzPL 09-02-2008 10:03

Dump memory

Hi
How can I dump phone memory? Because I have samsung F480 and I want to help you with "Java problem" :]

mistahk 09-02-2008 10:18

it's all written earlier, just enough to read!
if you're polish then take a look @ samsung-mobile.pl

sensesme 09-03-2008 12:36

I have to apoligize but since I successfully started to dump memory I haven’t found the chance to leave my phone connected to computer for more than 20 hours.

Mistahk give us all the keys to dump memory and it woks.
Here a full checklist.

At F480
Dial: *#0523#
Press several times ‘#’ key until you get a menu.
Press volume-down button until you get a menu with option: ‘[6] USB Configuration’
Press ‘6’ key
At next menu select ‘[2] Qualcomm USB[]’

Connect F480 to PC

At PC
Follow Mistahk post #28 of current thread
See what I say at post #35 about COM port.

Good luck and take your time.

mistahk 09-03-2008 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensesme (Post 3623348)
I have to apoligize but since I successfully started to dump memory I haven’t found the chance to leave my phone connected to computer for more than 20 hours.

as I wrote it desn't really take so long, after 1 hour should be all done!