GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Off Topic Zone (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f36/)
-   -   Compaq Armada E500 bios password help (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f36/compaq-armada-e500-bios-password-help-86586/)

psych0 05-27-2003 09:43

Compaq Armada E500 bios password help

Can you help me on the subject?

Thank you very much in advance!

Nylus 05-27-2003 10:48

Hi, I don't know how to proceed in that specific model, but in general, if you open the computer, remove the internal battery (a small circular battery) and then plug it again, you have cleared CMOS values. So the bios would not ask you for password anymore, but also the values stored on bios will reset to factory default, so check them carefully.

I know that some models have master codes or some other tricks to bring down the bios passwords, but for that specific subject just search the www, looking for that subject in users forums. What I told you works in all computers, but you must know the configuration of the computer and the hardware devices available in order to set properly the bios once it is reseted to factory defaults.

Regards,

Nylus.

psych0 05-27-2003 12:36

I know the way that you wrote works for the desktop computers
but this is a notebook so I think it is a bit harder.
I will check the www however.

Thank you for the reply!

Nylus 05-27-2003 13:41

This method also works for notebooks. I did it successfully in two Acer, one HP and two "no-name" notebooks (withour brand, just oem). But the problem with this method is that you must disassemble de computer, by removing the keyboard, and depending on the model, some pieces more.

So, search first, 'cos maybe you can find a way to do it without opening.

Regards,

Nylus.

AWAIS 05-27-2003 18:27

yes psycho

with you can open bios password with the big "HAMMER":D :D :D

Fludor 05-27-2003 21:35

Ok here is what you have to do

Open the PC find the eeprom, it must be an 24CXX, desolder the eeprom read it and make backup and then reprogram the eeprom only with FFFFFFFFFF inside, full of FFFF's.
Solder the eeprom back, but before doing that be shure you removed the backup batery also, othewise all this trouble vas made for nothing.
Power on the pc and you will get some errors, just ignore them, and at one certain point the computer will say, Default values res
tored, accept or ignore, hit Accept and that's it.

Regards

Fludor

danywilde 06-01-2003 15:24

Hello Guys,
i've a toshiba Portege3490 and i 've the same problem. But when you remove the battery backup inside, it's not be cleared.$
Do you know a method for remove the password?

John_Doe 06-01-2003 23:37

Re: Compaq Armada E500 bios password help

Quote:

Originally posted by psych0
Can you help me on the subject?

Thank you very much in advance!

do it in this way:
desolder eeprom(should be 24cxx or similar), read it and modify ONE BYTE of the ee content(but DO NOT change the service tag id!!), save it and write it back. this will cause a checksum error and you will be able to reset the bios settings incl. the password.
enjoy...

regards,

vule 06-02-2003 12:54

There is software called password recovery....It can help but not in all cases... If this fails, then use "brute force" methods from above...

For software, just search net for it, it's free...

BR

Vule

bRAd 06-02-2003 15:56

danywilde:

If you make a simple device that you connect to your parallel port, a lot of Toshiba computers remove the password when you boot it up. The device, named "loopback" by some, could be made out of any parallel wire with 25pins connectors. You should connect these pins:

1-5-10,
2-11,
3-17,
4-12,
6-16,
7-13,
8-14,
9-15

:cool:

petrovski 06-25-2003 23:27

check this very inter www.11a.nu for your compaq but can any one in this forum help me for my hp omnibook xe3 model thiks

SPUNLOCK 06-26-2003 00:10

for compaq is easy remove bios batt from inside then remove laptop batt then leave for 10 mins and connect charger without both batts and reboot and whoops no pass this works for all compaq up to latest cheers ;)))

TeSTeD bY sPUnlOcK