GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Panasonic

Panasonic Panasonic-News...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2004, 10:43   #1 (permalink)

Member: 72659
Thanks Meter: 0
Panasonic GD87e locked - pleease advise how to unlock it

Hi

My son has bought a second hand Panasonic GD87e and we want to change it from Orange to O2, please can anyone advise us what to do?

Many thanks
Wendy
Old 07-11-2004, 14:58   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 50713
Do you have a data lead for it? If you have there is free software to do it, just use the search button. But if you just want to unlock one phone probably better off taking it to a shop.

Regards
Old 07-11-2004, 16:23   #3 (permalink)

Many thanks, yes it is only one phone and no we don't have a data lead. We live in a small town and there is no one local that can do the unlocking.

Would the lead be very expensive to buy and do you know where I can get one? It may be cheaper to buy than for me to go into the nearest city and paying for someone to do it for us.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me

Wendy
Old 07-11-2004, 16:35   #4 (permalink)
eko
No Life Poster

Member: 30098
Thanks Meter: 29
it will cost you about $10, then you will have to pay for delivery.........
Old 07-13-2004, 08:12   #5 (permalink)

Hi

Thanks for the information - please can you tell me where I order a cable? I think it will be easier for me to buy one if that is the cost.

Many thanks
Wendy
Old 07-13-2004, 10:51   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 6478
Thanks Meter: 3
@wendy get in touch with orange they do it for you
Old 07-13-2004, 18:47   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 18200
Sonork: 100.1608286
Thanks Meter: 82
I cant believe what this forum is turning into.
Cant you guys see this guy registered on this forum just to unlock this phone ?

There surely will be an unlocking shop within his reach (maybe out of town), LET HIM TAKE IT TO THEM TO HAVE IT UNLOCKED.

Mr. Man, how would you feel when someone comes into your office cafe and asks you to offer him free advice on how to do the job you also do ???
Its not fair
You are not being fair to those unlock people around you.

I think its better you patronise them, if you dont, they will go out of job, and who knows: one of them might get frustrated and turn into phone snatching. Your sons phone will surely be one of the first he will go for. We know why.
Old 07-13-2004, 20:45   #8 (permalink)
eko
No Life Poster

Member: 30098
Thanks Meter: 29
@dannyogolo,

i agree with you 10000%
Old 07-13-2004, 22:45   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 24929
Thanks Meter: 7
me too!!! go to unlockshop, thats to place for you for help
Old 07-13-2004, 23:13   #10 (permalink)
ozy
Freak Poster

Member: 15355
Thanks Meter: 4
TOTALY DISAGREE when you get your cable give me a shout or any of the other NICE people on here there are plenty that will help for free. why should all these shops/traders make money by useing other peoples software and knowledge aquired from FREE FORUMS to line there own pockets.If everyone had attitudes like theres they proberbly wouldn't be able to unlock any fones as the people in the know wouldn't have helped them when they were new to the gsm game.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:14   #11 (permalink)

I would like to thank the people who have offered me genuine help and support and replied to my plea for help with respect.

However, I feel so shocked at the tone of the replies I have got from some of the people from this site. I honestly thought this was a site that offered help and support to all people.

I am not trying to do someone out of business or cause phone-snatching, I was purely looking for a solution to a problem - I didn't expect veiled threats.

I was simply asking for help and advice - I don't live in a big town, there is no one to go to here for phone unlocking, if there was I wouldn't have spent time looking round the net for help. I would have to travel 50+ miles to find a place that would unlock the phone.

Just to put the record straight - Wendy is a GIRLS name.

Wendy
Old 07-14-2004, 09:13   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Not so M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy
TOTALY DISAGREE when you get your cable give me a shout or any of the other NICE people on here there are plenty that will help for free. why should all these shops/traders make money by useing other peoples software and knowledge aquired from FREE FORUMS to line there own pockets.If everyone had attitudes like theres they proberbly wouldn't be able to unlock any fones as the people in the know wouldn't have helped them when they were new to the gsm game.
You are wrong my friend.
Maybe you use free stuff, but not everybody. Panasonic unlocking is one of the most difficult as youi can see by clicking on the search button.
Even when the person uses a free soft, the fact alone that he mkes it a task of visiting this great and other forums to look and make posts, pay for an office, hire workers, pay govt fees, endless buying of equipt, etc etc is enough to LINE YOUR POCKETS.

Visit a pro unlocker and take a stock of his equit worth, it runs into 10s of thousands of US$. This is no joke man, its money spent. Now add maybe 2 receptionist ladies, 3 technicians, 1 auxillary staff, and you see that this thing is a job, not a hubby.

I used to tell some repair ppl that come to my office that am not looking for any paid job, this is fact. The job is good for me, at least for now.
Or am I wrong ?
Old 07-14-2004, 10:03   #13 (permalink)
ozy
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyogolo
You are wrong my friend.
Maybe you use free stuff, but not everybody. Panasonic unlocking is one of the most difficult as youi can see by clicking on the search button.
Even when the person uses a free soft, the fact alone that he mkes it a task of visiting this great and other forums to look and make posts, pay for an office, hire workers, pay govt fees, endless buying of equipt, etc etc is enough to LINE YOUR POCKETS.

Visit a pro unlocker and take a stock of his equit worth, it runs into 10s of thousands of US$. This is no joke man, its money spent. Now add maybe 2 receptionist ladies, 3 technicians, 1 auxillary staff, and you see that this thing is a job, not a hubby.

I used to tell some repair ppl that come to my office that am not looking for any paid job, this is fact. The job is good for me, at least for now.
Or am I wrong ?
i certainly dont need to use the search button to see how hard it is to unlock/repair panasonic fones,and yes i may use free stuff myself but when there is no free solution i am quiete capable of writing my own stuff which i then offer for free im not out to make money from the forum i use it to gain knowledge and to help others that need it.why be so rude to a begginner asking for help ? also if its such a task visiting this great and other forums to look and make posts why bother if your best post is to be rude to a begginner,and finaly who cares what overheads you got if helping sombody on this forum for free is going to cause you hardship then your in the wrong game,I for one wouldnt go to your shop if i was going to get abuse for not knowing somthing i would go to a shop that was friendly.i bet Mosiacwendy wouldnt use your unlocking service if you lived next door,so personally i dont think you got any buisness sense as that is one potential customer you scared off.

Last edited by ozy; 07-14-2004 at 11:24.
Old 07-14-2004, 13:07   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy
i certainly dont need to use the search button to see how hard it is to unlock/repair panasonic fones,and yes i may use free stuff myself but when there is no free solution i am quiete capable of writing my own stuff which i then offer for free im not out to make money from the forum i use it to gain knowledge and to help others that need it.why be so rude to a begginner asking for help ? also if its such a task visiting this great and other forums to look and make posts why bother if your best post is to be rude to a begginner,and finaly who cares what overheads you got if helping sombody on this forum for free is going to cause you hardship then your in the wrong game,I for one wouldnt go to your shop if i was going to get abuse for not knowing somthing i would go to a shop that was friendly.i bet Mosiacwendy wouldnt use your unlocking service if you lived next door,so personally i dont think you got any buisness sense as that is one potential customer you scared off.
We havent come to abuses yet my friend, only arguing on points.

You said U will not come to my shop ? Have you asked yourself what I do ? I repair and unlock phones QED. So when you come you tell me what fault your phone has, I tell you my price, when we agree we have a contract. I dont abuse my customers rather do I abuse ppl anyways; but get me right: For what I can make some money from, I dont do for free, especially in my office. Whichever shop you go to, you are either going to repair or unlock your phone, not to ask HOW CAN I UNLOCK MY PHONE FOR FREE
No one will tell you that, also no one will abuse you.

If she lives next door, why wount she use my service ???? Bcos I told her a professional truth ? It may sound bitter, but its the truth.

Coming to business sence, well I dont think you are in the right perspective to judge, only after looking at my books then you can.

We are not here to fight, you are using offensive words, which are not OK. I dont feel hurt, but still mentain my stance.

BTW
Where are your free solutions, I or some other pros just might find one of them handy
Old 07-14-2004, 18:56   #15 (permalink)
ozy
Freak Poster

the poor woman you patronise "one of them might get frustrated and turn into phone snatching. Your sons phone will surely be one of the first he will go for" (could be taken as a threat) did not walk into your shop and ask for a free solution to unlock her fone she posted on this forum, which niether me or many others find a problem so why do you ?

We havent come to abuses yet my friend, only arguing on points.
i like arguing points

if you search this or other forums/groups you will find what i have to offer and i do this for free,i have no probs with people makeing money i charge for fone repair and r&d into design ect but advice on a forum should be free,gsm is a tiny part of my business and i may not have all the answer but then again who does,but if i can answer somebody i will give the best advice i can if my only answer was TAKE IT TO A SHOP i wouldn't bother answering.

If she lives next door, why wount she use my service ???? Bcos I told her a professional truth ? It may sound bitter, but its the truth.
WELL I LET HER ANSWER THAT!

Coming to business sence, well I dont think you are in the right perspective to judge, only after looking at my books then you can.
PATRONISING PEOPLE IS NOT GOOD BUSINESS SENCE
i didnt say you didnt run a succesfull business