GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Z3X-Team Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 20:53   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1226953
Thanks Meter: 0
Lightbulb Is z3x box right for me

Hi.
I spent last week trying to figure out which samsung box to buy.
I bricked my phone(i8160p, Ace 2 NFC) while playing with diferent fw flashing. Flashed leaked JB rom for i8160 and when it did give me FC on welcome assistent i flashed GB back. But i did not follow described procedure (should use some russian fw first, than one for my phone) and now i cant turn on my phone.
HW is not dead. When i plug usb cable and connect it to the pc without battery and then put battery it gives me new hw notice (u8500 usb rom), but cant find drivers for that device. It lasts for few seconds and than dissapear, like if i pulled the usb cable. Odin also wont allow me to reflash, it dont recognise u8500 usb rom.
I plan to "break phone"(try diferent roms) like this in future so i better get box than pay 40eur per repair.
All this bring the question from the title.

I found out there are couple of boxes that can help me but i am unsure which is better for my situation.

I saw there is one group:
riff/gpg/ort jtag and medusa which can recover dead phone, repair imei and in some cases unlock the phone(rare cases) that can for sure help in my case, and other group:
smartsam and z3x box which can unlock lot of phones, repair imei and flash phones, but i did not understand if this two can help me with my problem, recovering almost dead device (i think i just screwed partitions or/and bootloader).

Which one to chose? I am no repair shop, for sure dont need ultra fast speed flashing and repairing more than one phone at a time. z3x box is my favorite so far, but while i was browsing official forums i saw a thread about z3x jtag box, so now i am unsure if z3x box could help in my case or i should buy some jtag box from the first group i mentioned above. Or wait for z3x jtag and buy "z3x bundle"

I noticed that sites of all mentioned products seemed a bit "abandioned" and with not so much deep information of the box. Also support from "contact" is slow or non existent (i tried this just on smartsam box site).
Forums on other hand are active, but also quite "dirty" with lot of people asking free unlock codes.

Sorry for such a long post and for my english.

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2013, 21:21   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1223870
Sonork: ..............
Thanks Meter: 74
yes and no...for just one phone you do not need the box..simply bring it to a mobile center...for your personal issue ,,I plan to "break phone"(try diferent roms) ,, you will need riff or z3x jtag...bat again for just one phone...

(i think i just screwed partitions or/and bootloader).===you did screwed the bootloader///
The Following User Says Thank You to adytuuxx For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2013, 21:39   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1388004
Sonork: 100.1637034
Thanks Meter: 444
It depends on what you plan.

Like adytuxx said, for just one phone, don't spend your money into a box.

The thing is that whatever you buy, you'll get into our business seeing all possibilities that occur after.

So, buy z3x, in a few weeks with good money you'll make you will buy a brand new phone

Or invest money in jtag solution, make more money, then buy an other box for other brands and so on...

Z3x is really THE must have with which you can't do anything else than making really good money.
Old 03-29-2013, 21:40   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

It depends on what you plan.

Like adytuxx said, for just one phone, don't spend your money into a box.

The thing is that whatever you buy, you'll get into our business seeing all possibilities that occur after.

So, buy z3x, in a few weeks with good money you'll make you will buy a brand new phone

Or invest money in jtag solution, make more money, then buy an other box for other brands and so on...

Z3x is really THE must have with which you can't do anything else than making really good money.
Old 03-29-2013, 21:43   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for quick replys.
One thing still unclear, will z3x box repair my phone with problem described in 1st post?
What is main difference between z3x and riff/gpg/ort, what one can do that other(s) cant?

Last edited by angrybb; 03-29-2013 at 21:44. Reason: thank > thanks :)
Old 03-29-2013, 21:56   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I would say that z3x won't. But without seeing it's not that easy to be sure that your problem requires this or this kind of box.

Basically JTAG boxes as riff, ort, gpp and soon easyjtag from z3x, are used to connect direct to a specific processor, by soldering wires to some points on the mainboard.
Most of these boxes are there to repair dead boot. Almost like reparing bios on a computer.

Z3x and other boxes communicate through the whole phone and multiple components, through usual com ports. You can unlock phones, flash them and sometimes repair big failure, but that is quite rare.
The Following User Says Thank You to cycofcgb For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2013, 22:38   #7 (permalink)

Thumbs up

This is the answer i was looking for!
Tanks for clearing this out.
I think lot of newbies have same doubts like me.
So i should probably buy some jtag box for start, so i can for sure repair my phone and maybe earn some extra money (and buy new phone or invest in some unlock box and make even more money and then ... )

Unless someone else can add some new info, i will mark this thread as SOLVED

P.S. When will the jtag solution from z3x team be avaliable? I can wait ... a little Or is it better I start bugging other jtag box tems on their forums?
Old 03-29-2013, 22:45   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

To be really honest, we all wait easy jtag form z3x team for almost one year and an half.

It's on beta test for some monthes now, but only blang can tell, and he doesn't.

It might might last many monthes more, or on sell tomorrow morning.

We all are confident in this team, until now they are among the few ones always offering updates and great progress in business, as well as good support.

If you are in a rush, buy any other one, it won't be lost anyway.

But only with jtag solution, you won't make that much money. Let's say unlocking boxes make great money, and jtag might save few customers brought from your unlocking possibilities.

There are not that much people who brick their device compared to the needs of unlocking.

BR
The Following User Says Thank You to cycofcgb For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2013, 23:31   #9 (permalink)

Yes, i see. Just read here about easy jtag, visited their site. Looks like riff on outside with rj45 and jtag ports, which i like more than other boxes with just rj45 or just jtag.
I am not in BIG hurry, yet. I also figured z3x is on the scene for quite some time, that is another good thing.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:25   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

And most of all community is really big on z3x products, you'll never be let apart with any problem.

BR