GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 23:25   #31 (permalink)

Member: 1475700
Thanks Meter: 0

After all the time I put into this fix and you pulled it out of the bag. The plus is I learned a bit along the way. Some suggestions for details that could easily escape someone with my tech knowledge level. Your Step 1. Does iTunes get shut down of left in background. I shut it down. Step 2. Clarify "then do the process". I think I kept doing "next" and seeing pages I had never seen before. Step 3. Give a link besides you to the "custom firmware". I thought I knew what you were talking about and had a copy downloaded last week, but otherwise I would have been lost again. Thank you for the key to the universe in paragraph "Unplug the phone...". Very important "point to custom firmware"? Again someplace the last week I saw that one has to do restore in iTunes + shift. I had never had a reason to do this and be damned there was the custom firmware in Downloads. No "shift" and a person is lost. I had never seen an emergency screen and had no idea what to do with it. At this point an hour later am not sure I can remember what exactly what I did and the sequence which worked. One key was restarting the phone while unplugged? You are either simply awesome or maybe a genius, but whatever the phone works on 4.2.1/6.15. Phone is still not unlocked or with Cyndia, but will take a break for now.
Old 12-28-2010, 00:06   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 217318
Thanks Meter: 2
hey thx alot but my broblem is i,m do the same what you say but my iphone 3gs when i update it to 4.2.1 its go to emrgrncy call i,m used redsnow 0.9.6b6 to jailbreak its stay in emrgency call i,m try many time its the same then downgrad to 4.1.0 its ok restore complet but return to dfu mode i,m jailbreak in redsn0w 0.9.6b6 and fireware 4.1 orginal ant finsh and return to dfu mode and when im open redsn0w and just boot tethered right now its ok but when live it 30 minute its return to dfu mode and i,m try all ways what you are says but steel the sam in 4.1 return to dfu mode and in 4.2.1 stay in emrgency call plz some body help me in this broplem
Old 12-28-2010, 03:45   #33 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1475119
Thanks Meter: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellio View Post
hey thx alot but my broblem is i,m do the same what you say but my iphone 3gs when i update it to 4.2.1 its go to emrgrncy call i,m used redsnow 0.9.6b6 to jailbreak its stay in emrgency call i,m try many time its the same then downgrad to 4.1.0 its ok restore complet but return to dfu mode i,m jailbreak in redsn0w 0.9.6b6 and fireware 4.1 orginal ant finsh and return to dfu mode and when im open redsn0w and just boot tethered right now its ok but when live it 30 minute its return to dfu mode and i,m try all ways what you are says but steel the sam in 4.1 return to dfu mode and in 4.2.1 stay in emrgency call plz some body help me in this broplem
If you are on 4.2.1 do the method I have posted and when you go to jailbreak press install cydia
Old 12-28-2010, 04:14   #34 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacUno View Post
After all the time I put into this fix and you pulled it out of the bag. The plus is I learned a bit along the way. Some suggestions for details that could easily escape someone with my tech knowledge level. Your Step 1. Does iTunes get shut down of left in background. I shut it down. Step 2. Clarify "then do the process". I think I kept doing "next" and seeing pages I had never seen before. Step 3. Give a link besides you to the "custom firmware". I thought I knew what you were talking about and had a copy downloaded last week, but otherwise I would have been lost again. Thank you for the key to the universe in paragraph "Unplug the phone...". Very important "point to custom firmware"? Again someplace the last week I saw that one has to do restore in iTunes + shift. I had never had a reason to do this and be damned there was the custom firmware in Downloads. No "shift" and a person is lost. I had never seen an emergency screen and had no idea what to do with it. At this point an hour later am not sure I can remember what exactly what I did and the sequence which worked. One key was restarting the phone while unplugged? You are either simply awesome or maybe a genius, but whatever the phone works on 4.2.1/6.15. Phone is still not unlocked or with Cyndia, but will take a break for now.
If your iphone 3gs is on the 6.15 baseband (ipad) do this method and go into cydia and ad this source.

repo666.ultrasnow.com

Let it install its files then go back to the source you added choose ultrasnow and click install. But if you dont have a official carrier like tmobile if your in the us you must turn off 3g before it will work
Old 12-28-2010, 10:30   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 217318
Thanks Meter: 2
Talking i,m do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetz25tl View Post
If you are on 4.2.1 do the method I have posted and when you go to jailbreak press install cydia
if i,m jailbreak and press install cydia its stay not in recovery mode but only logo apple in midel when i,m press install cydia and deactive it ok but in emrgency call that all what happen with me
Old 12-28-2010, 14:28   #36 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 24284
Thanks Meter: 56
witch itunes version have to use to dfu mode on 3gs new boot?
Old 12-28-2010, 14:52   #37 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 120505
please can someone post a link for 3gs custom firm ware, not the mega upload one it doesnt work. this is the bit of firm ware i need to sort out my phone so some one please help, thanks
Old 12-28-2010, 15:26   #38 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellio View Post
if i,m jailbreak and press install cydia its stay not in recovery mode but only logo apple in midel when i,m press install cydia and deactive it ok but in emrgency call that all what happen with me
Just press cydia dont press deactivate because if you press that it will go back to emergency call screen. Just press install cydia when jailbreaking
Old 12-28-2010, 15:28   #39 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by street View Post
witch itunes version have to use to dfu mode on 3gs new boot?
I used 10.1 to restore the phone
Old 12-28-2010, 15:36   #40 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazz4 View Post
please can someone post a link for 3gs custom firm ware, not the mega upload one it doesnt work. this is the bit of firm ware i need to sort out my phone so some one please help, thanks
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Old 12-28-2010, 16:12   #41 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

thats no good mate, that megaupload link does not work, it counts down the clock then when you select the download it dosnt work, so i need another link please
Old 12-28-2010, 16:55   #42 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 837069
Thanks Meter: 37
i need Redsnow 0.9.6b6
thenks
Old 12-28-2010, 17:31   #43 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

thanks thanks thanks happy fookin days, have a working phone again
Old 12-28-2010, 18:58   #44 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1477098
Thanks Meter: 16
Sorry but this is not new man. If you have no SHSH, fw4.2.1, bb 6.15, one way only is restore custom fw 4.2.1 (has cydia or no depend on builder). No need to restore 4.2.1 original fw, just derectly custom:
1. IREB: DFU
2. Itunes restore custom, no any trouble on the way
The most important thing is you want to jailbreak or not ( i have custom no cydia means original fw, no jailbreak). If want, tethered. if not, no signal???
Old 12-29-2010, 01:08   #45 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 425444
Thanks Meter: 5
hi guys, just a small question, by following all the procedure for unlocking the iph 3gs, does it mean that if everytime the phone is shutdown, i have to hookup to the computer and run redsnow to bring back to normal? means i shud not shut the phone again? thanks in adv guys,