GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 21:02   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1461424
Thanks Meter: 21
Exclamation Cydia on 3GS with custom FW 4.2.1 and BB 6.15.00

How do I get Cydia on my CFW 3GS?
I can't use redsn0w installer, because it doesn't recognize the custom .ipsw. Is their any other way? Please, guide me. In desperate need of ultrasn0w to use another carrier!
The Following User Says Thank You to kruxillimux For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2010, 15:57   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1386358
Thanks Meter: 0

try to choose the original firmware in redsnow it will work.
Old 12-12-2010, 23:30   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muro25 View Post
No it doesn't

How do I install ulstrasn0w on my 3GS without jailbreaking to get Cydia? I can't jailbreak because I have a 4.2.1 custom firmware, which I can not change because I have BB 6.15.00. redsn0w don't recognize that kind of custom .ipsw.

Is there any way to download it manually? Either Cydia or ultrasn0w. I can manage the phone, because im using a friends SIM-card with the demanded carrier.
Old 12-12-2010, 23:35   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 133436
Sonork: 100.1577364
Thanks Meter: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruxillimux View Post
No it doesn't

How do I install ulstrasn0w on my 3GS without jailbreaking to get Cydia? I can't jailbreak because I have a 4.2.1 custom firmware, which I can not change because I have BB 6.15.00. redsn0w don't recognize that kind of custom .ipsw.

Is there any way to download it manually? Either Cydia or ultrasn0w. I can manage the phone, because im using a friends SIM-card with the demanded carrier.
first thing first that without jailbreaking you can't install any third party application like CYDIA or Ultrasn0w you must use redsnow and select official restore firmware which is in your phone , in your case 4.2.1. after installing CYDIA then u can only add Ultrasn0w to unlock your phone, as you have 4.2.1 so u will have thetered jailbreak which mean everytime you restart your phone it will stuck on APPLE logo then u must use redsn0w to make it boot thetered. i hope i will make a clear explanation for you and hopefully it will help you to understand.

Take Care
ENJOY
The Following User Says Thank You to imran_qasim For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2010, 18:35   #5 (permalink)

The thing is I already have a custom 4.2.1 firmware installed using iTunes restore!!

I need someone with a Mac and PwnageTool to create a custom 4.2.1 with 6.15.00 baseband and Cydia with ultrasn0w source (repo666.ultrasn0w.com) included. Anyone please!
Old 12-14-2010, 11:47   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
The thing is I already have a custom 4.2.1 firmware installed using iTunes restore!!

I need someone with a Mac and PwnageTool to create a custom 4.2.1 with 6.15.00 baseband and Cydia with ultrasn0w source (repo666.ultrasn0w.com) included. Anyone please!

its not possible to create a custom 4.2.1 with pwangetool which have CYDIA+ipad baseband only with 4.1 is possible for 4.2.1 only create custom firmware then use RedSn0w to install CYDIA + Ultrasn0w

Take Care
ENJOY
Old 12-14-2010, 19:36   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imran_qasim View Post
its not possible to create a custom 4.2.1 with pwangetool which have CYDIA+ipad baseband only with 4.1 is possible for 4.2.1 only create custom firmware then use RedSn0w to install CYDIA + Ultrasn0w

Take Care
ENJOY
But redsn0w will NOT recognize a custom IPSW, as i've told you many times.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:53   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
But redsn0w will NOT recognize a custom IPSW, as i've told you many times.
Redsn0w not recognize a custom ISPW because it doesn't built to recognize custom IPSW to use RedSn0w nad jailbreak your iPhone you must use official Restore firmware and latest RedSn0w, if u select Custome IPSW or older version of IPSW then its 100% obvious that it will not recognize it: http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/06...a_Restore.ipsw download this file and use this in RedSn0w.

Take Care
ENJOY
Old 12-15-2010, 17:18   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Redsn0w not recognize a custom ISPW because it doesn't built to recognize custom IPSW to use RedSn0w nad jailbreak your iPhone you must use official Restore firmware and latest RedSn0w, if u select Custome IPSW or older version of IPSW then its 100% obvious that it will not recognize it: http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/06...a_Restore.ipsw download this file and use this in RedSn0w.

Take Care
ENJOY

Thanks for the help, but seriously - are you guys retarded? I have told you many times that I can't restore with anything else than a CUSTOM IPSW, and therefore I need a CUSTOM IPSW with Cydia included - because I CAN'T use redsn0w. Jeez.
Old 12-15-2010, 19:46   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Thanks for the help, but seriously - are you guys retarded? I have told you many times that I can't restore with anything else than a CUSTOM IPSW, and therefore I need a CUSTOM IPSW with Cydia included - because I CAN'T use redsn0w. Jeez.
i quit i can't make you understand and you are genious without having putting phone in pwned mode you can flash it with CUSTOM IPSW, you are genious and i'm retarded person i admit it.

Take Care
ENJOY
Old 12-15-2010, 19:52   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 540878
Thanks Meter: 910
if you dont want to listen the suggestion from other members, better not to make a thread if you are a hardheaded
Old 12-15-2010, 19:58   #12 (permalink)

I can't listen to the suggestions, because it doesn't work. I've told them what I need, or atleast what i've heard I need. And on top of that, I can't understand jack **** of what you guys are saying because of your grammar problems.

I'm not trying to be a dick, just clear stuff out and get a answer I can interpret.
Old 12-15-2010, 23:21   #13 (permalink)

Sorry, I mixed up my two (2) threads and got rather confused.

Still, when I made the first one the 9th I had no idea about me needing a new custom firmware. Then at the 13th, four (4) days later, I came upon another forum which suggested I should try with a new custom with my preferences. Therefore I created one more thread - asking Mac users to create a CFW with my prefs.

I don't understand why are such a prick? TWO THREADS MAN, not even regarding the same thing from the beginning.

PS. Guessing your'e the incredibly funny "Fuçk-You" who thanks all my posts? Pathetic.

Last edited by kruxillimux; 12-15-2010 at 23:26.
Old 12-16-2010, 00:53   #14 (permalink)

Member: 1469115
Thanks Meter: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by muro25 View Post
Quote:
first thing first that without jailbreaking you can't install any third party application like CYDIA or Ultrasn0w you must use redsnow and select official restore firmware which is in your phone , in your case 4.2.1. after installing CYDIA then u can only add Ultrasn0w to unlock your phone, as you have 4.2.1 so u will have thetered jailbreak which mean everytime you restart your phone it will stuck on APPLE logo then u must use redsn0w to make it boot thetered. i hope i will make a clear explanation for you and hopefully it will help you to understand.
Quote:
Quote:
I explained this in the second thread created:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJoomla View Post
Krux is looking for a CUSTOM 4.2.1 build as he has updated his baseband to the iPad version of 06.15.00.
The latest baseband at the moment is 05.13.02, something like that.
Therefore, restoring to the stock 4.2.1 release will error out, as you cannot downgrade your baseband.

Redsn0w does not accept custom IPSW's, which means that if he cannot restore to the stock 4.2.1, and NOT use custom IPSW's for redsn0w, he needs a PRE-jailbroken and PRE-unlocked IPSW to restore to, in iTunes.
The IPSW also needs to be bundled with the 06.15.00 baseband.
Without redsn0w, he cannot jailbreak nor hacktivate. Without a jailbreak, he cannot unlock. Without an unlock, no phone calls, no texting, no 3G.

I'll try to get the IPSW for you. I know a guy who hopefully can get it done, but I can't make any promises as him and I are not such excellent friends. (Casual internet relationship is what we have)

Lastly, the jailbreaking state of 4.2.1 on 3GS varies from phone to phone. Newer bootroms are tethered while the versions with old bootroms are using a mashup of old exploit to get untethered. (I use this, my 3GS runs BB 06.15.00 with 4.2.1, untethered)
It's not a matter of JUST jailbreaking, he NEEDS this IPSW to restore in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintune View Post
Ha ha... this will never happen, you need to Jailbreak and unlock like everyone else.

All information in forum. So stop spaming. All know what your asking for.
Yes, all of us mortals are restrained to removing restraints using jailbreaks.
Using custom IPSW's isn't something that will make you godlike, or make you holy, but it will enable him to restore the 3GS if he would need to do so. Updated baseband -> No stock IPSW restoring -> Needs custom IPSW.
Get your facts straight before you start calling people spammers, spammer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by professor linux View Post
if you dont want to listen the suggestion from other members, better not to make a thread if you are a hardheaded
The help provided is irrelevant to the help requested. Therefore, OP is not being ignorant, but looking for proper help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintune View Post
How many threads?? with the same thing man!!!!!!!!!

You Dick!!!!!!!!!

Can someone create a custom firmware for my 3GS?
How many pointless posts have you made on this matter? With the same nonsense bull****? I'm losing count, but I'd estimate it to 5-6 posts, which is about 5-6 nonsense posts too many.
Stop being so butthurt and get off the computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to FBJoomla For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2010, 01:36   #15 (permalink)

Member: 1453758
Thanks Meter: 4
My 3GS is same to you kruxillimux. I think my 3GS is newest bootrom (serial no. xxx010xxx..) that apple's fixed most things. If once upgrade to 4.2.1 not save SHSH 4.1, only way to use custom fw 4.2.1 (no way to come back original fw) and baseband 6.15. When using redsnow to JB must browse to 4.1 original fw (I dont know why??) ortherwise unable to reconize... this may be redsnow tools for newest bootrom has still not released yet, I think. After that you also can not use cydia and safafi (bounce back immediately) even reJB by redsnow few times including using just boot tethered. All you can do is stay tuned means there is no any solution for NEWEST BOOTROM 3GS xxx010xxx