GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 16:01   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 862130
Thanks Meter: 186
Question iphone 3Gs 4.1 custom firmware without baseband update?

Hello guys, any one can give me a custom firmware that can update iphone 3Gs that has 4.0.1 and now got corrupted ( is on apple logo only and no SHSH blob save ) so the only way to make this iphone work again is to upgrade to 4.1 but customer is using different carrier than AT&T so he is messed up now

Please anyone can give me a Customer firmware to try, I will gladly test it out for you guys. thank you

Last edited by Unlockemall; 10-10-2010 at 16:02. Reason: wrong title
Old 10-12-2010, 10:11   #2 (permalink)

Member: 257228
Thanks Meter: 0
You can't upgrade by using custom firmware . If you have old bootrom then you can upgrade to 4.1 without upgrading BASEBAND.
if have new bootrom then you can't.

IF you have old boot rom use Sn0wbreez , cook your cutom firmware and upgrade , you will get an error which is fine , just kick your device out of recovery mode , use tiny umbrella software .

Apple is releasing an update 4.1.1 soon , so whatever you goona do , do now because you have no shsh , if that update released then you can't upgrade .

You are lucky if you have Old boot rom.

good luck
Old 10-12-2010, 10:45   #3 (permalink)

You can use tinyUmbrella to get your shsh , it may be saved on cydia server , give it a try , use latest version of tiny umbrella .

Download software from below link and put your phone in recovery mode , method is mentioned below , and open tiny umbrella , connect your phone and click on "Kick my device out of recovery" try this first , if this doesn't solve your problem , follow these instructions .

1-Download Tiny Umbrella from here , http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/do...ella-4.1.6.exe
2-Install Java , just Google it , (must install 32 bit or 64bit according to your OS)
3-Put your phone in recovery mode , HOLD power button and home button for 10 seconds , now release home button but keep holding power button now you are in recovery mode (you will se itunes logo)
4-Connect your phone with your computer , now open tiny umbrella , it will detect your phone in recovery mode .
5-Now click on Advance option and you will now see below a list , select you current version , iphone 3gs 4.0.1 .
6-now in uper list (Request version) select Cydia , and start TSS server , and restore your phone by using itunes , keep running TinyUmbrella also .

ITs not gurnteed method , but once i was stuck as you, and this method worked for me . I hope it will work for you .
Old 10-12-2010, 18:47   #4 (permalink)

Member: 1230635
I have a 3gs, 3.1.2, old bootrom. It is jb and unlocked with blackra1n. I'd like to update to 4.1 without changing my baseband, so I can jb and unlock it again. Do these instructions apply to my device/software? Thanks!
Old 10-21-2010, 13:12   #5 (permalink)

use pwnage 4.1 and cook your custom firmware , turn your device into DFU mode and restore using itunes Hold shift and restore .
Old 10-31-2010, 01:38   #6 (permalink)

Member: 1431499
solution for this

i made up a solution for this problem its to be used as a last ditch effort only but i tried on a few iphone 3gs on new bootrom as well as 3g and worked fine heres link http://www.jgiforums.com/apps/forums...ith-stock-ipsw
you have to make a free account same as anywhere else let me know your results thanks
Old 10-31-2010, 01:51   #7 (permalink)

Member: 1431499
oh and before anyone critisizes this try and it dont start saying its fake if you have no first hand experience thanks
Old 10-31-2010, 05:02   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 1427093
Thanks Meter: 32
iOS 4.1 Custom Your Firmwares for iPhone 4 / 3GS / 3G » Iphone Downloads Jailbreak Unlock Activate Hack Tools Application Games - Iphone Downloads For You Try this friend ..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samipnepal For This Useful Post: