GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 00:26   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1723140
Sonork: ---------
Thanks Meter: 1
iPhone 4 Battery Dock Connector HELP!!!

Im new here so heres a quick recap of me and what i do along with how much experience i have. i know its kinda lenghtly but i need some serious help with an experienced technictian. AND if all possible would really like to talk to someone on the phone or via chat or whatever...

hi my name is stephen, i live in the USA and do iphone repair as a side business to earn a little extra money.

Up until now i have only done screen repair and color conversions. i have installed new flex cables and few more advanced repairs, so now i feel confortable as far as doing any repair to the phone itself.....

BUT NOW i have a whole new issue by it self, my battery connector has been snapped off the logic board.. by doing research online i have found basic info on how to resolder the the pins on to the pads ect.
on my dock connector the 1st and 4th pads are still attached but the 2 and 3 are missing. i read that you can solder to the gold dots that are infront of thoes. is that true?? Please note that i have tried to solder the origional part on once before but i relized that it was damaged so i had to remove it. now there are some "burnt solder" that covers the gold dots, are the damaged now and must use the bypass wires or the solder is still conductive and able to apply more solder and have it still work?? I know u can create bypass wires an i have the small wires if that's necessary. But I'm not sure what to connect them too or how to connect.

here is a picture of what i got going on... im not sure if it will help any.. on the top pad is some remaining solder that i couldnt remove so i left it.. CAN THIS BE FIXED???

http://tinypic.com/r/j6it82/5

>>>if you are experienced in this area and you know that you can help and want to talk via chat/ phone or email. please send me a message with your info and we can talk<<<

Last edited by Shoeys; 02-17-2012 at 00:33.