GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 23:15   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 306991
Thanks Meter: 62
iPhone 4S disabled

Ok I have a iPhone 4S with passcode

Am sure it's jailbroken as when I try restore it sticks in restore mode and gives error 1611 I have tried 30-50 times

I spin it out of recovery mode using redsnow and it asks for passcode again

I have tried dfu and recovery mode using iTunes with 6.1.3

I have tried using 5.1.1 and remote shsh and it doesn't complete just hangs in recovery mode

Now passcode has been entered wrong so many times it says

iPhone disabled connect to iTunes
iTunes doesn't show anything

Any ideas anyone and no I don't know passcode and the phone still receives calls if I put SIM card in

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by mobilelatham; 07-10-2013 at 23:23.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:03   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1819995
Thanks Meter: 1
Good old error 1611, sends chills up my spine, what made it worse is that you might feel like your making progress once you get an error 1601, then it goes right back to 1611. I dont get what sense it makes to put any kind of number an an error that could literally any thing, IDK why I-tunes doesnt just say "error" or "f_ck you were not telling you the problem because we want you to just purchase another iphone from us. How ever I personally have spent 44+ hours, (not kidding) or the course of a few weeks, i kept trying different restore methods using that red snow crap or cydia. I truely believe itunes and apple products can detect when you do certain things they dont want you doing, allover the parts on the sinide there are tons of unexplained little circuits and micro controllers, even the head phone jack has some micro scopic set of caps and inductors. no other product in the world has chips on ever little piece abd part. SO i ended up screwing up my registry trying to restore the thing, and had to re-install W7. so here is what I found through trial and error. Error 1611, and 1601 are current (Milliamps) errors. for some reason your logic board is not getting enough current. if you changed the battery already, It is possible that there is a loose connection on the battery connector between pins 2. and 3. OR if the customer has been inside the phone they could have scraped off a cap or resistor near the battery terminal, or anywhere, most likely sounds like something got knocked off right where the docking port flex ribbon connects. Or it could simply be oil and dirt left on metal connections by fingers. always wash your hands throughly before working with the inside, clean all areas you touch with your fingers with 91% or higher isopropyl, try cleaning out the docking port with a stiff brush (not too stiff) the thing that ***** about Apple's very long wide docking ports, is they are a perfect trap for lint and gunk, or small pieces of metal. I would definitely Always eliminate causes starting with the most simple, and work your way up, try another cable, another USB port, another computer. try and post some pictures of your Logic board for me to see, preferably clear up close shots of your battery connector, and docking port, and we'll go from there. I did end up fixing the two I had, the 4 restored after i removed the heat shields and cleaned everything with iso and a soft brush. The 4s restored after I discovered it was missing a resistor and a cap right in front of the battery terminal. I took me hours of salvaging microscopic caps and resistors off of old parts and then trying to poke them with tiny little needles to get a reading on the values, but I was finally successful. Good luck, Ihope your ready to put in some time, I have had several customers off craigs list come to me since with error 1611 and 1601, and it has been a hard ware issue 100% of time. cheers!
Old 07-11-2013, 06:48   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 306991
Thanks Meter: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by solder_guy View Post
Good old error 1611, sends chills up my spine, what made it worse is that you might feel like your making progress once you get an error 1601, then it goes right back to 1611. I dont get what sense it makes to put any kind of number an an error that could literally any thing, IDK why I-tunes doesnt just say "error" or "f_ck you were not telling you the problem because we want you to just purchase another iphone from us. How ever I personally have spent 44+ hours, (not kidding) or the course of a few weeks, i kept trying different restore methods using that red snow crap or cydia. I truely believe itunes and apple products can detect when you do certain things they dont want you doing, allover the parts on the sinide there are tons of unexplained little circuits and micro controllers, even the head phone jack has some micro scopic set of caps and inductors. no other product in the world has chips on ever little piece abd part. SO i ended up screwing up my registry trying to restore the thing, and had to re-install W7. so here is what I found through trial and error. Error 1611, and 1601 are current (Milliamps) errors. for some reason your logic board is not getting enough current. if you changed the battery already, It is possible that there is a loose connection on the battery connector between pins 2. and 3. OR if the customer has been inside the phone they could have scraped off a cap or resistor near the battery terminal, or anywhere, most likely sounds like something got knocked off right where the docking port flex ribbon connects. Or it could simply be oil and dirt left on metal connections by fingers. always wash your hands throughly before working with the inside, clean all areas you touch with your fingers with 91% or higher isopropyl, try cleaning out the docking port with a stiff brush (not too stiff) the thing that ***** about Apple's very long wide docking ports, is they are a perfect trap for lint and gunk, or small pieces of metal. I would definitely Always eliminate causes starting with the most simple, and work your way up, try another cable, another USB port, another computer. try and post some pictures of your Logic board for me to see, preferably clear up close shots of your battery connector, and docking port, and we'll go from there. I did end up fixing the two I had, the 4 restored after i removed the heat shields and cleaned everything with iso and a soft brush. The 4s restored after I discovered it was missing a resistor and a cap right in front of the battery terminal. I took me hours of salvaging microscopic caps and resistors off of old parts and then trying to poke them with tiny little needles to get a reading on the values, but I was finally successful. Good luck, Ihope your ready to put in some time, I have had several customers off craigs list come to me since with error 1611 and 1601, and it has been a hard ware issue 100% of time. cheers!
I have had it before on a jailbroken 5.1.1 a year or so ago

I think eBay it goes as faulty

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2