GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > HTC > HTC & Smartphones ( WM Without Touch)

HTC & Smartphones ( WM Without Touch) HTC, I-mate, Qtek, HP, Hitachi, and many other SmartPhones Windows CE base devices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2008, 00:48   #1 (permalink)

Member: 765187
Thanks Meter: 0
Problem with HALF unlocked HTC Excalibur- Dash

so i bought a tmobile dash off ebay, it came with the unlock code. I put in the unlock code and the phone accepted it... however when i use my At&t sim card in it, it accepts it, but it gives me hard time connecting to the network and when it does im not able to make any phone calls...i put the sim card back to my old phone, works perfectly...
i used my roomates T-mobile sim card in the phone and it seems to work, some times it acts weird and it doesnt receive or make phone calls... but for most part it works....
i talked to Customer service in T-mobile and they said the unlock code i put in might have been wrong or something and the unlocking didnt go correctly, but there is nothing they can help me with
im clueless on what to do, i dont want to buy an expensive unlocking software and then find out it didnt solve annything....
P.S i tried the hard reset on the phone, nothing changed
Old 05-04-2008, 08:23   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 13808
Thanks Meter: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboy00 View Post
so i bought a tmobile dash off ebay, it came with the unlock code. I put in the unlock code and the phone accepted it... however when i use my At&t sim card in it, it accepts it, but it gives me hard time connecting to the network and when it does im not able to make any phone calls...i put the sim card back to my old phone, works perfectly...
i used my roomates T-mobile sim card in the phone and it seems to work, some times it acts weird and it doesnt receive or make phone calls... but for most part it works....
i talked to Customer service in T-mobile and they said the unlock code i put in might have been wrong or something and the unlocking didnt go correctly, but there is nothing they can help me with
im clueless on what to do, i dont want to buy an expensive unlocking software and then find out it didnt solve annything....
P.S i tried the hard reset on the phone, nothing changed
basically there is nothing like "half unlock" for as long as the unlock code was accepted and you were able to get network then phone is FULLY unlocked. What i think the problem is that you have an unstable phone, probably that was why the owner got rid of it.

There is a problem with the radio part of it.. am not sure you may try to do a rom update, complete rom update radio , os ext rom everthing and see of any imptovement .. after which no improvement, take it to a hardware person for more diagnosis..

bR
Old 05-04-2008, 19:30   #3 (permalink)

Member: 765187
Thanks Meter: 0
thats what i thought, ofcourse im trying to contact the seller so i can return it but no luck..no wonder hahaha....although he has like 120 positive feedback 100%...

anyway, i checked on the Tmobile website, i have the latest ROM version..what other kind of updates or tweaks can i do? and where do i get them from.. another question is there like a reset that will delete the system of the phone and install a fresh one..maybe that will help
Old 05-07-2008, 16:42   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 13808
Thanks Meter: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboy00 View Post
thats what i thought, ofcourse im trying to contact the seller so i can return it but no luck..no wonder hahaha....although he has like 120 positive feedback 100%...

anyway, i checked on the Tmobile website, i have the latest ROM version..what other kind of updates or tweaks can i do? and where do i get them from.. another question is there like a reset that will delete the system of the phone and install a fresh one..maybe that will help
to reset phone to factory, make sure phone is off (remove and replace battery) then press and hold 2 soft buttons (2 button with "-" sign)immediately below the screen, then press the power button momentarily, still holding the 2 soft button and follow the on the screen instructions.

Best of Luck..

bR