GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > PalmOS /HP and others

PalmOS /HP and others Palm, Treo, Sony CLIÉ, Tungsten, Zire, Handspring and other Palm Operating System based Devic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 20:21   #17116 (permalink)

Member: 757803
Thanks Meter: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsspamaccoun View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "try another USB" or cable. For one, the USB port is chosen automatically when the device is detected, and secondly, the whole point of Bluetooth is to not have to use a cable.

From the makers' website (http://www.mobile-stream.com/cr_faq.html), it appears that I need to have another Bluetooth software stack, "WIDCOMM/Broadcom or BlueSoleil Bluetooth software stacks". I have been to both sites, but I am not sure how to go about installing it. Any insight on this?

Chad

I think I know what your problem is....You see,when using bluetooth,card reader act as an FTP...and u need some file transfer software in your windows...usually it came bundled with the bluetooth dongle...it act just like windows explorer...i'm using bluesoleil...(oh,one more thing,u have to do "search for bluetooth devices" in your windows bluetooth apps to pairing your device first, otherwise nothing happened)

hope this would help...
Old 02-20-2009, 20:35   #17117 (permalink)

Member: 757803
Thanks Meter: 8
Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "try another USB" or cable. For one, the USB port is chosen automatically when ......
Chad

why don't u use softstick bluetooth commander..it act as bluetooth FTP,sharing files with almost every bluetooth devices..
just do a search for it here

http:///vbb/...ments&t=202671
Old 02-20-2009, 20:37   #17118 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 926677
Thanks Meter: 146
About bkgrnd apps, fix crashes, and Palm Internals

Hi all

I've noticed that the topics of background apps, crashes, and dbcashe has come up recently and the use of Palm Internals has come up quite often as well.

So I arranged the following from other websites and forums, hope this helps others the way it did to me. I know a whole lot more now about dbcashe, crashes and palm internals and cleanstart/uncashe.

Have you ever heard advices of cleaning you dbcashe, have a clean start and improve startup time, prevent crashes, what to tick and untick on either app, and so forth, then probably you need to read this as well:

Beginners Guide

What UnCache does:

It just stops all apps except those in its "allowed" list from preloading data into the cache when the Palm boots -- so it stops resource hogs like Blazer reserving blocks of cache memory on boot up and fragmenting your heap; once you've run the app, it caches all that data, and a reset is needed to clear some of it back out.

UnCache will only increase your cache size after a reset. After a reset you've got some extra cache space but as you use the PDA more and more, that cache whittles down and you end up your usual low cache space and then the OS will start to empty things from cache as needed. This will continue until you reset again.

If you add RLock and SharkCache to your UnCache list, they will load on reset, and preload whatever data you've set them to preload -- but you won't have to deal with other apps preloading data too. (As a sidenote, MemUnfragment isn't needed if you're using UnCache; just don't add Blazer to the UnCache list, and it'll do pretty much the same thing (in a different manner) that MemUnfragment did).

What Apps to put in UnCache's List:

Rescoe Explorer can be used to determine a first approximation of what to put in the list:

If you don't already have Resco Explorer, get the demo. Disable UnCache and reset your TX. In Resco Explorer, under Control Panels go to notifications, tap notifications to get a report of all apps which trap system events. This is your best bet to locate which apps you need to include. ANYTHING on this list traps system events and, if you want the app to work properly, is a contender to be in the UnCache list. System files don't need to be on the list whether they receive notification or not.

Trim this list using these General rules for deciding what goes on your list as follows:

1) Anything that triggers an alarm/notification. That's not just actual alarms for a timed event but also things that are scheduled to run automatically at a certain time ie: Backup programs or resets scheduled to occur in the middle of the night.

2) Background running apps like apps for skinning (like SkinUI or myKbd); button launch alternatives (like Qlaunch or ButtonsEX)

3) Plus a few things that just need to be there because they don't work otherwise - Off Flush, Keyboard (UWK), WarpSpeed and UniCmd, also snapCalc.

4) When in doubt do a trial run. Take things off the list one by one. If things still work just fine and you don't loose any preferences or settings then it doesn't need to be on the list. If however, you find that the program is acting flaky or not saving settings etc... Try adding it to the list and see if that fixes it. If the program is still acting weird - then it's might just be incompatible with NVFS.

5)** Remember ** Things that are on the UnCache list get the initial notification after reset. Nothing else (except for RAM apps) will get this notification, so try not to overload it or you will lose the benefit .

Applications that others have suggested putting into UC's list - for guidance only see point 4 above.

2PlayMe

AirSAM (Versamail)
AirSAMPrv (Versamail)
Audodo

Backupman
Batterygraph
BigClock
BrightnessFix2
BugMe!
Butterfly
ButtonsEx_Launcher

Cool das helper
Clock
Crash
Crony

DALauncher
Datebk5
DXTGAttachmentPlugin

Explorer (R-Explorer)
Express

FindHack
Fontimerx

Hi-Launcher

Keyboard (UWK)

Launch This
Launcherx

Mapopolis
MegaClock
MegaLauncher
MessagEase
Mini-Keyboard-Popup
MyKbd
Myskin *
MyWeek

NVBackup

Off Flush
OnGuard
OnLaunch
OnTimeRx

Palmrevolt
pTunes

Qlaunch

RBackup
ResetTX*
RLock,

ScreenShot
Skinui
SnapCalc
splashclock

TealScript
ToastTimer

UDMH
UniCmd
Uninstall

Warpspeed *
Watchm

YAHM (disable FontSmoother before activating then re-enable)

ZLauncher

* denotes items that are in the UnCache default list

Note on launchers:
If it sets itself as the default launcher, you don't need to have it in the list. An app that can launch programs, but does not register as the default launcher, such as Rescoe Explorer needs to go in the list.

Edit
UnCache versus CleanStart
These two apps do pretty much the same thing.
CleanStart allows you to set up and run several profiles only loading what is required for the particular job in hand (e.g. GPS mapping) and has a (slightly) more intuitive interface, so is easier for the new user to understand quickly.
Pruss (the author of CS) has written a small freeware app (ProfileSaver) which lends a similar profiling capability to UnCache in addition to its other uses.

Uncache is said to be technically better in that it blocks reset signals to all apps, while CleanStart won't block the reset signal to some apps whose creator ID starts with '!!'. Also Uncache lets signals through to ROM apps automatically. Except for the launcher CleanStart does so only if you choose to do so (Menu>Select>'Add all ROM items') or use "Nice warm reset" which sends a reset signal to the Launcher but to nothing else.

Whereas Uncache uses an "Allowed" list that you compile by browsing and adding to, CleanStart lists everything on your Palm and gives you the option of "Allowing" it using tick boxes (together with a couple of preselects such as the 'Add all ROM items' option mentioned above).
So:
By having Apps checked in CleanStart, they are getting loaded at a Reset.
By having them in your list in UnCache, they are getting loaded at a Reset.

So if you want a totally "clean" start with max DbCache, in CleanStart make sure everything, including the "Always start panels" box, is un-ticked or in UnCache that the "Allowed" list is empty.

You may then compile allowed lists for either application using the guidance above. Bear in mind that UnCache is generally one size fits all "set and forget" whereas Cleanstart allows you to customize by task for max efficiency but of course you then need to reset every time you change profile...

CleanStart is freeware but with UnCache you are supporting a student through college. Your choice.

Read these articles, they will tell you a whole lot about dbcashe, crashes, and how palm internals can help you to assess the cause and how to fix it.
Notifications, Background Apps & Your Blazing Fast Treo! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DDFBY3ZK
How to fix a Cache Crash http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LY2D7RAY
I hope one of you guys can post these articles here, they are very useful.

Thanks to Arnie and drashran

Hope it helps those who did not really know what Palm Internals really does

Ron
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ron2k_1 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 02-20-2009, 21:33   #17119 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 926677
Thanks Meter: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron2k_1 View Post
Hi all

Read these articles, they will tell you a whole lot about dbcashe, crashes, and how palm internals can help you to assess the cause and how to fix it.
Notifications, Background Apps & Your Blazing Fast Treo! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DDFBY3ZK
How to fix a Cache Crash http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LY2D7RAY
I hope one of you guys can post these articles here, they are very useful.

Ron
I meant to "attach" and not to post like how said up there

Sorry for the typo (big typo too )

Ron
Old 02-20-2009, 22:57   #17120 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 631598
Thanks Meter: 267
Rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Pal, have an excellent vacation and enjoy with your family. I will also be taking a time here in Brazil - starting next Friday - but it is for Carnaval in Rio, and all you Pals are invited to this huge party!!!!
Wish I could make it. I've heard it's great fun! Have a good time.
The Following User Says Thank You to surfsup1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2009, 23:31   #17121 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 631598
Thanks Meter: 267
Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "try another USB" or cable. For one, the USB port is chosen automatically when the device is detected, and secondly, the whole point of Bluetooth is to not have to use a cable.

From the makers' website (http://www.mobile-stream.com/cr_faq.html), it appears that I need to have another Bluetooth software stack, "WIDCOMM/Broadcom or BlueSoleil Bluetooth software stacks". I have been to both sites, but I am not sure how to go about installing it. Any insight on this?

Chad
Not positive if cardreader works with bluetooth. It works fine with the sync cable attached and is faster than bluetooth. And yes it shows up as a drive on your computer. Try the cable.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:00   #17122 (permalink)

Member: 965109
Thanks Meter: 4
Need Help With Slovoed 6

I enter the serial but it still says unregister how can I fix this? my syn name is Michael Gentles, Can I get some codes that works thanks in advance my e-mail is [email protected]
Old 02-21-2009, 04:59   #17123 (permalink)

Member: 890792
I know its crazy to have a serial already but has anyone looked at tealos? Its basicaly a launcher that trys to imitate WebOs. there is a trial out now it looks interesting for a fresh look but idk maybe to gimicky and not simple. Check it out http://www.tealpoint.com/softos.htm
Old 02-21-2009, 05:36   #17124 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 457382
Sonork: 700p, Centro, Pre, Evo, I
Thanks Meter: 4,365
Cool TealOS 1.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by argeezy View Post
I know its crazy to have a serial already but has anyone looked at tealos? Its basicaly a launcher that trys to imitate WebOs. there is a trial out now it looks interesting for a fresh look but idk maybe to gimicky and not simple. Check it out http://www.tealpoint.com/softos.htm

TealOS 1.02 patched...... register with any numbers

enjoy!!!

TealOS 1.02 patched
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kingtyce For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 02-21-2009, 05:45   #17125 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 416272
Thanks Meter: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelwayne View Post
I enter the serial but it still says unregister how can I fix this? my syn name is Michael Gentles, Can I get some codes that works thanks in advance my e-mail is [email protected]
It would be a lot easier if we knew which SlovoEd dictionary/utility/game/etc you were trying to reg...

RS
The Following User Says Thank You to RogueSaber For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2009, 06:00   #17126 (permalink)

Member: 890792
Yo Thanks Kingtyce! Damn that was hella quick!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:07   #17127 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 457382
Sonork: 700p, Centro, Pre, Evo, I
Thanks Meter: 4,365
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by argeezy View Post
Yo Thanks Kingtyce! Damn that was hella quick!

you are welcome... ........
Old 02-21-2009, 06:37   #17128 (permalink)

Member: 829391
Thanks Meter: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngcountry View Post
Hello Everyone... I hope you can help me with my delima!

I have the Palm Centro offered by Sprint. I'm looking for software that will allow my device to stay on a set amount of time... beyond the 15 & 30 seconds and 1, 2 & 3 minutes offered in "Preferences" under "General" in "Power".

Let me explain why. I have TCPMP installed on my device and use it to watch the television programs "Damages", "Nip/Tuck", "24" and "the Unit". The problem I'm having is that my device automatically shuts down after 2 minutes and I have to restart it and the program I was watching all over again only for it to shut off again if I don't remember to press a button on the keyboard to trick it into believing it's being used!

I can't seem to locate any options that will allow me to change the automatic shutdown setting to something more suitable for viewing a movie... say maybe 60 minutes!

I've tried AutoOffExtender but it doesn't seem to work! Any suggestions will be appreciated! I'm at a loss as to why my device shuts down automatically while I'm in the middle of watching a program using TCPMP. You'd think there would be some way to keep the device on while TCPMP is playing!

Any suggestions? Please help.... I'd really appreciate it!

Thank You,
YoungCountry
Very Strange. I've seen full lenght movies with TCPMP and it never turns off the screen. That's without any power management software.
The Following User Says Thank You to oronzous For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2009, 08:04   #17129 (permalink)

Member: 945657
Thanks Meter: 0
hi is there any body who can help me i am having sonyclie nx series for that i buyed the lancard so to browse the internet which sofwere is needed pl sned me the softwere and crack also please help me
Old 02-21-2009, 09:31   #17130 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 166423
Sonork: Palm Treo 650
Thanks Meter: 68
hi.......
can anyone please help me in getting Gagarin's Mission....... patched or with key generator.............
thanks in advance....