GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > PalmOS /HP and others

PalmOS /HP and others Palm, Treo, Sony CLIÉ, Tungsten, Zire, Handspring and other Palm Operating System based Devic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 02:01   #17686 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 973109
Sonork: elpresz
Thanks Meter: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron2k_1 View Post
I think what he wants to is to share internet connection from pc to his device. PDANet is to do the reverse.

I don't know if it is really possible to share connections with a sync cable. I know there is a way to do this by bluetooth. Read about it here if anybody else is interested:
http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...th-windows-xp/

And

http://www.whizoo.com/bt_setup/

Laterz

Ron
thank you very much ron but this is pretty old info its from 2006 and its in windows XP, do you think there is an update of this to vista and possible from cable???, also would this work on treo 680?? thanks el presz
Old 03-12-2009, 02:22   #17687 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 457382
Sonork: 700p, Centro, Pre, Evo, I
Thanks Meter: 4,365
Cool TealOS 1.27

Version 1.27 - March 11, 2009

# Added support for customizing quick launch bar icons
# Added support for customizing wave launcher icons
# Added ability to preview background jpeg before loading
# Added automatic filtering out of launcher-x launcher stubs
# Added bouncing anim when trying to discard locked cards with 5-way
# Added tip suggesting forcing full scan after effects change
# Improved quick launch bar preferences to preview icon images
# Improved wave preferences to preview icon images
# Fixed icon duplication after installing new apps
# Fixed icon process to allow background circle even if desaturate and edge options disabled
# Fixed loading jpeg menu from bringing up icon screen

Here are the files.....
Attached Files
File Type: zip tealos.1.27.patched.zip (303.2 KB, 286 views)
File Type: zip tealos.1.27.unpatched.zip (303.2 KB, 206 views)
File Type: zip TealOS_Icon_Pack1.zip (18.4 KB, 202 views)
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to kingtyce For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 03-12-2009, 03:23   #17688 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 988448
Thanks Meter: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towo View Post
yes there is a program called FontSmoother which can be found in this forum. Regarding a RSS reader I would suggest Resco News. You can use the Resco_App kg found in this forum to generate a code.
If your like me and suck at the searching thing, Here is a link to fontsmoother and the second link it to a tons of fonts! Works very well!!

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/atta...7&d=1197704457

AND the fonts

http://www.lubak.net/fonts4os5-aa-fonts.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaos67731 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2009, 05:27   #17689 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 988448
Thanks Meter: 20
Is there a way to customize the default E-mail program on a Centro?
Other then SkinUI?

And does anyone have

2Cool4U 1.0

I can only find .97
Old 03-12-2009, 08:17   #17690 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 416272
Thanks Meter: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos67731 View Post
Is there a way to customize the default E-mail program on a Centro?
Other then SkinUI?

And does anyone have

2Cool4U 1.0

I can only find .97
The kg for .97 works for 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSaber View Post
2Cool4U v0.97

It presents you a list of your contacts. You can scroll this list by a wipe with your thumb. When you lift the thumb, the list will slowly decelerate. It brings a total new feeling of browsing your contact list.

If you have a picture assigned to your contact, it will be shown on the right site.

To make a fast call, tap on the name/company entry. To select the phone number to call, send an email, open the assigned webpage or open the contact in the standard contact application, tap on the picture on the right.

Move the list to the left to access the call log. Open the menu and adjust the settings and colors to your need.

Here's a kg:
Install & run the kg.
Write down the code.
Uninstall kg
Install copy of 1.0
http://www.metaviewsoft.de/2c4u/

RS
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RogueSaber For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2009, 12:30   #17691 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 718168
Sonork: Treo650 507mhz, Nokia5800
Thanks Meter: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos67731 View Post
2 things..

1. I think I have been seeing people change the default font on there Centro, How is that dont?

2. Does any one have a good RSS news reader for the centro?

And kingtyce, Great work on TealOS, Works just fine!!
To change the font you need fontsmoother and for RSS, I use Resco News but there many others.
Old 03-12-2009, 13:07   #17692 (permalink)

Member: 770040
Thanks Meter: 9
For some reason this didn't work. It says " Your palm hotsync name is 755P and the registration code entered is 10750, please make sure name and number match". Any help?
Old 03-12-2009, 13:13   #17693 (permalink)

Member: 770040
Thanks Meter: 9
vpm 1.48

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
This should work

Try Serial - 10750
For some reason this didn't work. It says " Your palm hotsync name is 755P and the registration code entered is 10750, please make sure name and number match". Any help?
Old 03-12-2009, 13:25   #17694 (permalink)

Member: 757803
Thanks Meter: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Does anyone knows if there is a way to hide apps in the tabs of the Zlauncher? I can not figure how to do it. Thanx a lot!

tap and hold the app, then tap info,tap attr, hidden, done,save

hope this help
The Following User Says Thank You to chenzeepo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2009, 15:17   #17695 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 453630
Thanks Meter: 1,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR900RRW View Post
This is the code it generated

HotSynk name? 755P
Kode: 10750

or you can try MUH

UserName: kracked dude
Serial: 52141

Last edited by saj070; 03-12-2009 at 15:24.
Old 03-12-2009, 15:17   #17696 (permalink)

Member: 977267
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothemak View Post
Here is the Full Version of Amplified Bible for My Bible:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5GK9E6F8

Enjoy!!!
Amplified Bible worked great. Many thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to jabob99 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2009, 17:18   #17697 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 926677
Thanks Meter: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpresz View Post
thank you very much ron but this is pretty old info its from 2006 and its in windows XP, do you think there is an update of this to vista and possible from cable???, also would this work on treo 680?? thanks el presz
Well most people still prefer and have WinXP. I personally not ready yet for Vista. To me vista is a sucky operating system and the worst release Microsoft has ever had. But that's just me, my new laptop came with Vista and I dumped the OS and loaded XP, it is more stable, efficient, less buggy and way faster; I think this is the result of like 8 years of microsoft patches and fixes. I heard Microsoft will release a new OS to replace vista some time soon in the future; that just tells you what kind of operating system and its success vista is and has had.

On the other matters of sharing internet from pc to pda, I think it's gonna be a toughy one to find a utility to do this via cable. A computer can receive internet via USB (this can be seen when you get those modems with USB/coaxial or network cable). However, I am not an IT expert, probably r_castro or KT can assist us on this, becuase I haven't to date heard of a way to share internet capability out of the pc's usb ports (remember the sync cable is connected to the usb port).

The bluetooth works perfectly, most computers by default have a factory-included BT device or you can purchase one for like US15 or 20 bucks.

The setting terminology remains the same for any operating system, so give it a try, I don't have Vista as I said, so I cannot test it for you guys, but if there is anything different you need to follow, please let us know.

Ron
The Following User Says Thank You to ron2k_1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2009, 19:33   #17698 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 718168
Sonork: Treo650 507mhz, Nokia5800
Thanks Meter: 441
Quote:
Well most people still prefer and have WinXP. I personally not ready yet for Vista. To me vista is a sucky operating system and the worst release Microsoft has ever had. But that's just me, my new laptop came with Vista and I dumped the OS and loaded XP, it is more stable, efficient, less buggy and way faster; I think this is the result of like 8 years of microsoft patches and fixes. I heard Microsoft will release a new OS to replace vista some time soon in the future; that just tells you what kind of operating system and its success vista is and has had.

On the other matters of sharing internet from pc to pda, I think it's gonna be a toughy one to find a utility to do this via cable. A computer can receive internet via USB (this can be seen when you get those modems with USB/coaxial or network cable). However, I am not an IT expert, probably r_castro or KT can assist us on this, becuase I haven't to date heard of a way to share internet capability out of the pc's usb ports (remember the sync cable is connected to the usb port).

The bluetooth works perfectly, most computers by default have a factory-included BT device or you can purchase one for like US15 or 20 bucks.

The setting terminology remains the same for any operating system, so give it a try, I don't have Vista as I said, so I cannot test it for you guys, but if there is anything different you need to follow, please let us know.

Ron
If you want net on a computer and use your data connection you have on your palm you can use pdanet.

If you want net on your palm device using your computer's connection:

try this: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=1240

or this, its a app called m-router: http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...th-windows-xp/

or this way, using SoftickPPP or MochaPPP: http://palmzone.net/content.php?pid=2

I never did this for myself, just in the past i used Infrared to connect to a mobile phone (with my old PalmIIIx) and now my Treo 650 has a data connection. But it is possible.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to r_castro For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2009, 20:26   #17699 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 961466
Thanks Meter: 11
Well to save someone else the headache...after crashing....having problems hotsyncing apps to my SD card.(problems I thought were Zlauncher related)...and other obscure things I finally found the problem.

Apparently a Kingston miniSD HC is not 100% compatible with the Treo 755p. I bought two on woot, and tried each one and reformated each in the treo with the same results. I finally put in an old card I had from my camera which isn't HC but is 4 gigs and all the problems went away. Hope this saves someone else the trouble.

Take care!!
Old 03-12-2009, 20:52   #17700 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 961466
Thanks Meter: 11
Quote:

Ron

Well a little off topic for a palm forum, but Vista SUX. You can download Windows 7 beta version for free and try it out from microsofts site. Vista is basically what Windows ME was before XP came out. I think it is much more backward compatible with XP software, unlike Vista (for your palm sync and such). It will be released later this year and it is WAY faster than Vista without needing a gig of ram.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blueice888 For This Useful Post: