GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > PalmOS /HP and others

PalmOS /HP and others Palm, Treo, Sony CLIÉ, Tungsten, Zire, Handspring and other Palm Operating System based Devic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 17:03   #16936 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 718168
Sonork: Treo650 507mhz, Nokia5800
Thanks Meter: 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatlotz View Post
how do i get my zlauncher to look like this?
all you need is this wallpaper, theses also another wallpaper for other tabs:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...ostcount=15845

and these config for the fav tab:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...ostcount=15842
Old 02-15-2009, 17:16   #16937 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbears View Post
Hi, r_castro:

Wow. That was a great explaination!
I feel like I have been to a seminar on Palm internal memory.
I tried to use RescoLocker on Blazer after reading your writing
(I was trying to lock blazer to avoid initial lag time), but I found out
that RescoLocker can't do it for blazer. Is there other way around
to lock blazer into dbcache to avoid lag time? I saw similar program
called sharkcache, but read it causes crash on some system.
I realize locking it means less dbcache for other apps, but I use
blazer all the time and thought it would be nice if I could do this.

So dbcache must be cleared before a program can be launched if
there is not enough room in the dbcache, so there is a lag before it
is launched. But once it is launched, does having larger memory make
any difference to its performance? (programs like TCPMP and LJP)
I do notice TCPMP struggle if there is an intense graphic (such as
screen full of water bubbles moving) sequence, but my guess is
having 64MB more of memory would not help in this problem.
Perhaps overclocking with Lightspeed may address this problem?
Just wanted to see if I am looking at this problem from the right
perspective.

Again, thanks for the seminar!
Resco Locker doesn't let you because Blazer is one of thoses apps that is to big to stay in memory and it has its own build in cleaner, thats why you have a lag. You can make blazer faster with other ways, you can do some speed tips, use moxy to start your surfing. Use shortcuts, menu + r refresh, space bar focues menu on top, etc... You can overclocker blazer also for short sessions

Very few apps clean them selfs up, I only know of blazer. The rest rely on the system.

If the app is big you shouldn't lock it in memory. Its all a balance in having more dbcache and background apps locked in memory. Rule of thumb, resco locker on top tells you how many apps are locked and how much the locked apps are taking from dbcache. I have 6 small/background apps.

I also overclock but don't put the whole system just the apps that you need or apps that you go through them fast like a launcher, calender, etc... If you overclock a app to long and you notice the back of the device getting hot, you should stop and rethink your stetegy. Overclocking is very nice but its not the solution for apps that need to be on for very long, like pockettunnes, coreplayer, tcpmp. If its to watch short videos then your ok, but for a long 1 hour video, don't do it. When the device heats up it will crash to try to protect it self from damage.
Old 02-15-2009, 17:16   #16938 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 951433
Thanks Meter: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtyce View Post
I tested the birds encyclopedia and I don't see the limitation it is said to have...... I have been trying for hours......Also there is no place to input any registration keys...........I even put the date forward on my device to see if anything would change, but it stays the same...... It does not have any limits, besides having demo written on the name....If you want I can get rid of that for you......
Hi King...thanks for all of your help. If you browse through the list of Birds using the Alphabetical Listing, you will see that the limitation on the Demo is there are only handful of the bird names that you can click & view (my wife said like 4 out of over 1000). These are Blue. The rest are black & can't be selected. I would imagine that the "Registration Keys" that are emailed after payment must be a small file that is added to the Palm that the Bird program looks for when it starts up, probably something similar to a Windows Reg key. Does that make any sense? I don't know if that is something that can be fixed. Or can it?

Last edited by mothemak; 02-15-2009 at 17:21.
Old 02-15-2009, 17:21   #16939 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avetis View Post
Hi guys,
is there an alarm program which allows to set custom alarms to sound every 3, 5, 15 minutes and so on? I've tried clock deluxe, time deluxe and other programs, but they do not seem to support such features. Thanks in advance.
For alarms i use butler. But there are great apps out there, if you want weather theres treoalarm. For a advance alarms, i guess it would be crazyalarms. Mobileclock has cool feature that it can play a random mp3 on every alarm, this way you can wake up everyday with a different tune.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r_castro For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2009, 17:23   #16940 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 631598
Thanks Meter: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avetis View Post
Hi guys,
is there an alarm program which allows to set custom alarms to sound every 3, 5, 15 minutes and so on? I've tried clock deluxe, time deluxe and other programs, but they do not seem to support such features. Thanks in advance.
Take a look at BellTimer. It is on this forum. It has a countdown feature to set off an alarm at the end of the countdown. It allows for several alarams to be set at once. So you could set one for 3 min one for 5 min one for 15 min etc. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to surfsup1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2009, 17:28   #16941 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 631598
Thanks Meter: 267
Call Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
I use call block it is a really good app if you want to block calls / sms

http://software.palminfocenter.com/p...8&pString=true

call block basic and call block ringtone

HSID: Guerreiro

call block basic = 21535

call block ringtone = 20384
Saj:
I have call block installed and set up to block (ignore) text messages from two specific contacts but it doesn't block them. Initially, I had the app on the SD card and thought that might be the problem so I moved it to RAM but iti still doesn't block those text messsages. Am I missing a setting or something. Any help? Anyone?
Old 02-15-2009, 20:44   #16942 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 453630
Thanks Meter: 1,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsup1 View Post
Saj:
I have call block installed and set up to block (ignore) text messages from two specific contacts but it doesn't block them. Initially, I had the app on the SD card and thought that might be the problem so I moved it to RAM but iti still doesn't block those text messsages. Am I missing a setting or something. Any help? Anyone?

I have it on the phone and if you look at individual and group tab you need to assign what you want to block

IE you can set this in individual or groups
1. group
2. vip
3. action allow or block call/sms
4.schedule
5. block method block call
6. incomming sms == here is were you set ignore message or delete..

let meknow if this work for you. this is my setting i used and it works as it suppose to

block all call / sms
The Following User Says Thank You to saj070 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2009, 22:32   #16943 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Can anyone give me serials for: NinerPaint.1.9R1

HSID:

Mark
Mama

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2009, 23:00   #16944 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 453630
Thanks Meter: 1,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothemak View Post

HSID:

Mark
Mama

Thanks!

Everything you need is here follow instruction in txt file...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=40STXYCW
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to saj070 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 02-15-2009, 23:03   #16945 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 416272
Thanks Meter: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothemak View Post

HSID:

Mark
Mama

Thanks!
HSID: Mark
UniqueID: 86:57:54:63:57:75

Reg: 2203
-------------------------------------------------
HSID: Mama
UniqueID: 71:95:54:63:95:70

Reg: 5915

RS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogueSaber For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2009, 23:24   #16946 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
Everything you need is here follow instruction in txt file...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=40STXYCW

Thanks Saj!!!...I have had nothing but trouble with the earlier builds. They said "too old version"...then I installed the demo 1.9R1 & no KG I could find would help, so I un-installed it. Then I found v1.8R1 that was patched, but somehow there is still some file(s) on the Palm that says I am trying o install on older version...bla, bla, bla...insisting that I install a more recent version.

Now I won't have to fight with it...because v.1.9R1 was the newest one I had on my Centro.

Thanks again!
Old 02-15-2009, 23:27   #16947 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSaber View Post
HSID: Mark
UniqueID: 86:57:54:63:57:75

Reg: 2203
-------------------------------------------------
HSID: Mama
UniqueID: 71:95:54:63:95:70

Reg: 5915

RS
Thank you too, Rogue!....You saved me the trouble of doing the KG install routine...but I am glad to have the KF for future reference.
Old 02-15-2009, 23:31   #16948 (permalink)

Member: 742910
Thanks Meter: 22
Hi everyone:

Just curious here:

I have gotten audio gateway up and running nicely, and would really like to use it to watch movies in bed by streaming the audio of coreplayer to my bedroom speakers via bluetooth, but I find Audio gateway is taking up too much of the memory and video is too choppy to enjoy on my TX. Am I wishfull-thinking in technicolor, or is there something I can do about this to make my wireless experience "a beautiful thing"? By the way, i have tried using warpspeed to overclock both apps, but i is still choppy...is this normal?
Old 02-15-2009, 23:39   #16949 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Hey Rogue...I have a question for you. When you generate serials for other people, are you using a Palm emulator on your PC or some other method? I am just curious. I bet it would be much easier to get a serial using a emulator, seeing the files are already on the PC...would save some time.

I appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2009, 00:04   #16950 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 926677
Thanks Meter: 146
CrossNums 1.4 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron2k_1 View Post
Hi King (and everybody), thank you for this, this is a great game, I am really not a big fan of crossword but CrossNums is just something else! I really enjoyed this game the few times that I played it, if you play a game several times and you still don't get enough of it - then that's a keeper!

Well, let me tell you the issues I had after installing this app - the first time I opened (yesterday as soon as you give me the patch) it restarted my centro. Then today after palying like 5 games (in different sessions without any problem), there is an option where you can change the game number from menue from 1 to 64,000+ (I think), I changed it from 2402 (I think) to 3, and then it restarted my centro again, and then when it restarted all my preferences (sounds, colour, etc) were gone!!! And then I opened several shareware applications (that I got from this site), and all were unregistered again!!!! I did not even know that one reset could have caused such chaos!!! But thanks to you guys (by recommending RBackup)I had a back up which I did sunday, and its all good (few SMS and phone call logs missings and bluetooth trusted devices missing, but everything else is good).

Its really a good game and I really want it back, but I am afraid to try it now after that, can anybody test it (after backing up!!!) and tell me if they get similar cases.

Hey King, do you think the patch may had created something or it is just an unstable app. Maybe generating a serial (and not a patch) and trying it may provide some clues....

Thank you all

Ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron2k_1 View Post
Hi King, nope it was not the patch that created the resets

The initial reset after installing the app still happened...

Then just today I wanted to play the game again, and guess it reset my phone and knocked off all my registration codes and preferences.

I uninstall this app for good.... or at least until an update is released.

I notified the developer already

Later guys

Ron
Hi - Update on this application (I haven't heard from centro users if they've had similar issues like me yet...

After contacting the develper, it told me that it appears that "the persistent data may be corrupt" (have no idear what that meant !). Anyways, they told me to install a fresh copy from the site, don't really know why, that's where I initially got it from afterall. I did, what they said and as usual, it reset my centro after installation. I unistalled it (using uninstall) and reinstall it and use "LinkStart" to move it the SD Card.

It is more stable from there, it hasn't yet reset my centro after tapping on the welcome screen. I changed the game number, and it does it with no problem.

But listen to this... If I let my phone to go asleep (while playing the game), when I wake it up, it resets my phone. It may survive the first "wake", but if I let it consequitably (one after the other) to go asleep twice, it will, for sure, reset my phone on the second time (so far it hasn't reset my preferences and settings thou) (knock wood on that...). So I emailed the developer again and told them to look at that...

Secondly, and it doesn't happen with the other games I have on my card (running with LinkStart). After my phone resets, because LinkStart exports the app to RAM so that it can run, and after the reset, I end up with two copies of CrossNums - one on RAM (left by LinkStart) and the copy on the SD card. I have to open the one on the SD Card and close it, so that it removes the other copy from RAM and it only leaves the link to the SD Card. So told them to look at that as well...

I got an advice from somewhere else to try it on my phone fresh from a hard reset to see if there is another app clashing with this one... But this a tedious task to hard reset and load all applicatioins after that... so I decided to do what I did.

Hope to hear if anybody has had similar problems so I can tell the developer as well...

Thank you for you ears (I mean eyes...)

Ron