GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > PalmOS /HP and others

PalmOS /HP and others Palm, Treo, Sony CLIÉ, Tungsten, Zire, Handspring and other Palm Operating System based Devic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 16:49   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 736073
Thanks Meter: 81
Treo 600 after unlock no signal...(??)

Hi! I have a Treo 600 with firmware 3.05... I unlock this phone with this method:

Code:
#### Fast method for experienced users ####

Use on any GSM Treo 600 with f/w v3.05 
1)Unzip the contents of /unlockme305/ from this zip to SD card 
2)Put SD card in treo 
3)Run "firmwareupdater" from the SD card

#### Detailed instructions for everybody else ####

If you have an earlier firmware version currently installed then you must follow part A of the instructions to update your firmware *before* applying this patch.

If you already have v3.05/3.06 firmware installed then skip to Part B

#### Part A - For those with pre 3.05 firmware ####

1. Choose and download the correct firmware for your phone.

2. Backup your Treo 

3. Hard Reset. Must do, otherwise things will get screwed up. To hard reset, press and hold the power button on top of the treo while doing a pin reset. Release the powerbutton after doing the pin reset, and press up to delete all data. 

4. Hotsync the firmware updater (in my case ROW 1.12) using a different Hotsync ID from your regular one. (ie create a new user and add the updater to the install on that user. When you hotsync choose that user). 

or 

4a. Copy the firmware updater to your SD card under the palm/launcher folder and insert the card in your Treo. (preferred) 

5. Run the updater. Do not turn on wireless. Do not reset. 

6. If the updater is not compatible, you will need an extra step. Download TokenWriter. Copy to the SD (or hotsync like above). Run TokenWriter. Type write crnm XXX, where you replace XXX by the operator code for the updater you have chosen. Run the updater now. 

7. Reset the phone. It will now be locked. Follow steps in part B 

#### Part B - For those with locked 3.05/3.06 firmware ####

1. If you have installed any software that automatically turns the wireless on, disable it. eg. (Treo) butler, profiles, Treo Allegro, Lightwav, TreoOffOn etc. 

2. Unzip and all the files from this zip to your computer.

3. Copy all of the files from the /unlockme305/ directory to your SD card or HotSync them to your Treo. 

4. Turn off the wireless mode and plug your Treo into the charger.

5. Run the application called firmware updater. Do not turn on the wireless or reset while running. 

6. After the update has completed reset the Treo. 

7. Insert sim card and turn on wireless. Press the phone button and go to MENU+I. You will see the updated firmware. Close the window and type *#*#33284# and press dial. The phone will say The Sim Lock has been removed from this phone. 

8. If the unlock doesn't work, hard reset the Treo and then copy only the unlock files to your phone and run it.
After this, the phone is without network, and a network error message appears. I try a hard reset and repeat the process and still withou network.

My questions... It's possible to flash this phone? Where I can get the firmware? How can y flash this phone?

Thanks in advance..
Old 05-27-2010, 14:40   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 736073
Thanks Meter: 81
Any idea how to repair Network in Treo 600?????????????????