GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > BlackBerry (RIM)

BlackBerry (RIM) Blackberry phones discussion, firmwares, tutorial, media, repairs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 01:22   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1228715
Thanks Meter: 0
Unlock password with enterprise

By blackberry 9700 is connected to an enterprise server. The IT police prevents me to disable the password-function.

Is there a way to disable it? I read the solution from Ramjan but it only provides for Internet Service. When I do that, I loose my Enterprise connection...

Lots of thanks in advance for this solution,

Sebastiaan.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:31   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 890592
Sonork: 100.1581951
Thanks Meter: 4,429
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouw009 View Post
By blackberry 9700 is connected to an enterprise server. The IT police prevents me to disable the password-function.

Is there a way to disable it? I read the solution from Ramjan but it only provides for Internet Service. When I do that, I loose my Enterprise connection...

Lots of thanks in advance for this solution,

Sebastiaan.

Use CrackUtil for Remove IT policy

make sure you run a manual restore (if you did a backup) and restore only data that you need, doing a full restore may bring back the policy.
The Following User Says Thank You to delower10 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 10:57   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 116891
Thanks Meter: 15
Remove an I.T. Policy from a BlackBerry

I found this way on the internet and it worked with me:

Procedure
Step 1 Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again.

If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded here.

Step 2 Download the file policy.bin and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).
Step 3 Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device.

If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest Desktop Manger Software, then the latest Handheld Software. Connect your device, open the Desktop Manager, select Application Loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 4 Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.
Step 5 From the Windows Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin
Step 6 Open the Desktop Manager.
Step 7 Connect the Device.

Verification
Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

I've used this on my 8700g, & my 8100 Pearl, and it works!

***use as is, and am not responsible for data loss, or BlackBerry / PC corruption! Also, you could get dismissed for doing this!

FYI - Removing the I.T. Policy is really more for people that have bought a BlackBerry on eBay or something, and it came with an I.T. Policy and thus they can't install anything...***
Attached Files
File Type: rar policy.rar (14.4 KB, 190 views)
Old 02-06-2010, 16:25   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 63577
Thanks Meter: 359
or
javaloader.exe -u resettofactory