GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > GPS devices , Navigators & Maps

GPS devices , Navigators & Maps Find here all threads related to Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Navigators, GPS receivers, Settings, Maps and GPS modes.. etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2006, 21:06   #1 (permalink)

Member: 338776
Thanks Meter: 0
Ok, now another question:
I have a igo.db with all the Velox and ZTL as personal POI and it's about 890K...Igo now take about 1 minuts to start....I noticed that more this file is big and more it takes...it's not too much 1 minuts to read 890kb?? I have the same file on "Viamichelin" and it taske just few seconds...

As I read of people that have and igo.db of more then 9MB I wonder how much they will take to make the program start???
Old 08-30-2006, 21:17   #2 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 329973
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampykid View Post
Ok, now another question:
I have a igo.db with all the Velox and ZTL as personal POI and it's about 890K...Igo now take about 1 minuts to start....I noticed that more this file is big and more it takes...it's not too much 1 minuts to read 890kb?? I have the same file on "Viamichelin" and it taske just few seconds...

As I read of people that have and igo.db of more then 9MB I wonder how much they will take to make the program start???
Limpy
Sorry mate....will try to find this myself...cos mine start within a few sec...so I don't have the problem actually
Quek
Old 08-30-2006, 22:50   #3 (permalink)

Member: 106863
Thanks Meter: 1
iGO FBL and FFK files

I have two version, one is for Europe and has inside a lot of countries and Romania and other countries are little dimension, Italy is a normal dimension of file, I suppose that is enough detailed. But some countries like Romania is only 7 Mbyte (I see cities that have low definition and little streets). I have also single countries like Romania, Hungary and Slovakia that are much better detailed and are about 25 Mbyte. The problem is that I need the first installation and the second for some countries and I don't know if I can only have to put the second maps in the same directory. I think that it need the second version of iGO that comes with these countries. But in this way I have to put out europe (with Italy). Also the map files are different the first are fbl files and the second are ffk files

ROMANIA.ffk dim. 24.071 Kb Map of Romania (very detailed)
Romania.fbl dim. 7.144 kb Map of Romania (included in the europe maps)

so what to do ?

Sullivan
Old 09-01-2006, 14:25   #4 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 331335
Quek

I have installed you duo version. Everything worked fine until I switched to landscape mode and then I got Mio Map V3 and now I can't switch back to Igo. I did not create any shortcuts or anything like that. Just installed iGO and that's what happened.

I have Miomap.exe in the root directory of my SD caard but it does not matter if I click on it or iGO.exe I always get the Mio Map screen. When I try to change to portrait mode, it just cliks but won't change back. Any ideas?

Steve
Old 09-01-2006, 16:25   #5 (permalink)
Major Poster

[quote=Steve672;1960797]Quek

I have installed you duo version. Everything worked fine until I switched to landscape mode and then I got Mio Map V3 and now I can't switch back to Igo. I did not create any shortcuts or anything like that. Just installed iGO and that's what happened.

I have Miomap.exe in the root directory of my SD caard but it does not matter if I click on it or iGO.exe I always get the Mio Map screen. When I try to change to portrait mode, it just cliks but won't change back. Any ideas?

Steve[/quote
That's funny, I always have IGO, I can have only Mio if I tap on the Miomap.exe.You should try a soft reset and see what happen.
Let me know about this

regards
Old 09-02-2006, 15:05   #6 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

quek

OK. I did a soft reset and now I can switch between portrait and landscape with no problems. Tho only issues are:

1. It reverts to Miomap in landscape mode and iGO in portrait mode.
2. On the bottom of my screen when I tap on the little arow in the right left corner I have the option of adding a speed camera whereas in the past I had the option of adding a marker. I can no longer add a marker. Strange.

Any ideas about either of the above?

cheers
Old 09-02-2006, 17:05   #7 (permalink)
Major Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quek View Post
Lampy

The Map folder should be under the IGO folder
If you create a short cut for MIO.EXE, you should then get 2 programs insteal of just the IGO

Regards
quek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve672 View Post
quek

OK. I did a soft reset and now I can switch between portrait and landscape with no problems. Tho only issues are:

1. It reverts to Miomap in landscape mode and iGO in portrait mode.
2. On the bottom of my screen when I tap on the little arow in the right left corner I have the option of adding a speed camera whereas in the past I had the option of adding a marker. I can no longer add a marker. Strange.

Any ideas about either of the above?

cheers
You still can add a marker..Add Via... is where you place a flag as marker
You can only add speed cam on the MIOMAP version. Just tap on any screen and you see a red dot and tap on ADD VIA...there you get a marker

Regards
Old 09-02-2006, 17:08   #8 (permalink)
Major Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quek View Post
You still can add a marker..Add Via... is where you place a flag as marker
You can only add speed cam on the MIOMAP version. Just tap on any screen and you see a red dot and tap on ADD VIA...there you get a marker

Regards
Also you should not have problem swtiching between potrait and landscape.. Make sure before you exit (MIOMAP) you switch to potrait. It should work

regards
quek
Old 09-03-2006, 20:18   #9 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 341699
I need a navigation software for smartphone
wbr
Old 09-05-2006, 02:20   #10 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

quek

In the landscape mode I am always in Miomap even though I don't even have mio.exe on my sd card.
I even tried a soft reset hoping it would erase it from memory.
Any thougts?

Steve
Old 09-05-2006, 16:24   #11 (permalink)
Major Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve672 View Post
quek

In the landscape mode I am always in Miomap even though I don't even have mio.exe on my sd card.
I even tried a soft reset hoping it would erase it from memory.
Any thougts?

Steve
I suggest you reinstall the Igo...removed anything that goes with Mio
I might have posted one without the Mio before.
If you son't have let me know...just used the same license

regards
quek
Old 09-06-2006, 14:34   #12 (permalink)
Bol

Member: 344682
Sorry, but what is the date of the last release of the .exe file under about info ?

Last edited by Bol; 09-06-2006 at 14:45.
Old 02-10-2007, 17:47   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 66993
Thanks Meter: 12
Hi!

Can anyone give me new link to map of Bulgaria? Beacuse link from firsts pages dont working :/

Ok I found it.

Last edited by haller; 02-11-2007 at 21:18.
Old 02-11-2007, 15:01   #14 (permalink)

Member: 419044
http://rapidshare.com/files/15306959/Israel.fbl.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/16006804...ebrew.fbl.html
Old 09-15-2006, 11:26   #15 (permalink)

Member: 332073
Thx to quek,
forgotten to quote my reply #103 in this thread.

Have fun