GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > GPS devices , Navigators & Maps

GPS devices , Navigators & Maps Find here all threads related to Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Navigators, GPS receivers, Settings, Maps and GPS modes.. etc

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2006, 17:09   #961 (permalink)

Member: 156750
Thanks Meter: 1
Red face from state to state usa

Yes I have download the entire map of the usa, so you guys can get directions from one state to another with out switching maps, well I guest I am the slow one. Can you guys help me please master of the forum.

Old 04-24-2006, 22:25   #962 (permalink)

Member: 265895
Thanks Meter: 0
Newbie on site, you guys deserve medals for all the help! was about to give up but found this forum. ;-}

Old 04-25-2006, 10:09   #963 (permalink)

Member: 158905
From state to state and from country to country!

@paul4now38

Either you're pulling my leg here (or your own) or you somehow managed to convert your all-state-navigation map into seperate state maps?

I've tested all maps on my p910, mda vario, ipaq 6340, mitac a701 and they all seem to work correctly. I even installed it for some friends on their pda / phone which consists of various models.

Just like the complete Western-Europe map, with which I can navigate from country to country without switching maps, I can also calculate a state to state trip without the program asking me to switch maps. I also have the Eastern-Europe map next to the Western-Europe map on my phone and I only have to switch maps when I get to the Eastern Europe part of the journey.

I tried a demo route with the USA map from Santa Barbara (CA) to Orlando (FL) as I'm not in the US at the moment and TT calculated the route just fine. I even played the demo at increased speed and never saw it asking me to switch maps once.

So now my question for you is : With what phone, pda, or other system are you using this map, what size memorycard and which version of TT5 (mobile)?

Let me know man!

Cheers

D.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:37   #964 (permalink)

Member: 266089
hello everyone, just registered as a member. when browsing this forum i really find it very interesting especially the apps for p910, tnx to all contributors you're really great. ive been looking for the quite a time for the tomtom mobile gps but when i tried to open the link given by selecta87 its no longer available. anybody pls provide the link. tnx in advance.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:52   #965 (permalink)

Member: 244493
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliciosomarron
@paul4now38

Either you're pulling my leg here (or your own) or you somehow managed to convert your all-state-navigation map into seperate state maps?

I've tested all maps on my p910, mda vario, ipaq 6340, mitac a701 and they all seem to work correctly. I even installed it for some friends on their pda / phone which consists of various models.

Just like the complete Western-Europe map, with which I can navigate from country to country without switching maps, I can also calculate a state to state trip without the program asking me to switch maps. I also have the Eastern-Europe map next to the Western-Europe map on my phone and I only have to switch maps when I get to the Eastern Europe part of the journey.

I tried a demo route with the USA map from Santa Barbara (CA) to Orlando (FL) as I'm not in the US at the moment and TT calculated the route just fine. I even played the demo at increased speed and never saw it asking me to switch maps once.

So now my question for you is : With what phone, pda, or other system are you using this map, what size memorycard and which version of TT5 (mobile)?

Let me know man!

Cheers

D.

Same with me,

the maps just working fine on my phone! Everythings perfect.
THX to all of you providing us with amazing downloads!

.........if something doesn't work, read the entire post and one will
find the solution. Guess everything has been dicussed already.

Greetings Gerti :-)

Old 04-25-2006, 13:48   #966 (permalink)

Member: 266182
hello everybody,

do you know some website with free POI in Europe or links with databases of speed cameras?
especially interested in Germany and Spain..
thx

Old 04-25-2006, 15:38   #967 (permalink)

Member: 249910
Thanks a lot, I discovered this in the meantime, but it may still be helpful to other newcomers like myself ! cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by damiansteel
Hi, I'm new to the forum and no expert but I think I've already had the same problem and solved it - you need to make sure that you have first downloaded all the files into the same directory, then simply unrar the first one - the programme will see the second, third etc file and unrar them all together into one map.

hope this helps
damian

Old 04-25-2006, 21:08   #968 (permalink)
Teq

Member: 198304
latest map of Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary - 50MB
http://rapidshare.de/files/18927564/..._v645.rar.html

enjoy

Old 04-25-2006, 22:15   #969 (permalink)

Member: 199499
Quote:
@paul4now38

Let me know man!

Cheers

D.
When I try to do a DEMO route , it is waiting for a vaild GPS signal.
And I know TomTom will not place you on a current map if you do not have a valid GPS signal. And the valid GPS location will only place you on the correct map. So if you are, say in the US state of New ****** , then you should be in New ****** for TomTom to place your location on that map. If you try and bring up another state, say Illinois, TomTom will reboot because it cannot locate you on the map of Illinois because your GPS location is in New ******.

In order for TomTom to place you on any map , should not the GPS location correlate with the coordinates of the map ?

Just a question. If is stand corrected , please enlighten me.

Thanks

Old 04-26-2006, 02:52   #970 (permalink)

Advanced Planning A-B

@minisports

You can always plan a demo route in TT with advanced route planning (A to B), in the second field of the main menu it's the first option. After you've chosen your departure point and destination, you have the option to view a demo of the route after it has been calculated. You can either choose to display text directions, images of the route, a map of the route, a demo of the route or a brief summary. All this without the actual need of a gps-signal! Strange but true, try it!

I agree that if you try to plan it the normal way you'll be needing a gps-signal so you're right about that, but not with this option and sorry for not mentioning that. You also have to set a "home location" for that particular map although it's not necessary, but ******** TT users should have known there was a way of planning a route without a gps-signal

Old 04-26-2006, 11:34   #971 (permalink)

state to state nav

I have p910a tomtom 5 v5.200 (540) I put the entire usa map in but can not nagivate from state to state, but the program can see all the states. Oh I have 2g card, and the size of the usa map is 913mb.

Old 04-26-2006, 14:29   #972 (permalink)

Member: 199499
Quote:
@minisports

You can always plan a demo route in TT with advanced route planning (A to B), in the second field of the main menu it's the first option. After you've chosen your departure point and destination, you have the option to view a demo of the route after it has been calculated. You can either choose to display text directions, images of the route, a map of the route, a demo of the route or a brief summary. All this without the actual need of a gps-signal! Strange but true, try it!

I agree that if you try to plan it the normal way you'll be needing a gps-signal so you're right about that, but not with this option and sorry for not mentioning that. You also have to set a "home location" for that particular map although it's not necessary, but ******** TT users should have known there was a way of planning a route without a gps-signal
@deliciosomarron

that is a good tip. i have not totally explored this option as i have a bt gps.
i certainly will try this, thanks for the tip.

i have a number of maps on my card. i have new england and mid-atlantic as well as the canada map. will try "advanced planning " and see how that goes.

thanks

Old 04-26-2006, 14:30   #973 (permalink)

Member: 70183
I am in the process of loading TomTom maps onto a WM5 device, and so far the only ones that work are these: (from my post in the PDA section)

The maps I found to be working on XDA Mini S (9100) are Great Britain - v562, Great Britian Plus - v632, Australia - v568, Iberia - v562, Benelux Plus - v571, DE AT CH PL CZ Plus - v571, Scandanavia - v568, PL-CZ-SK-HU - v645

I am in the process of trying more, but am in desperate need of a working France map, as the one I have does not work.

ID=France.PNA

All the links to the new France maps are down, so if anyone out there has a newer version, could they please post a link.

Thanks

PS - Most of the maps work on P910i, but something must have been changed in Navigator 5 for XDA, as most of the maps do not even show up in the change map list when loaded on the XDA.

Old 04-26-2006, 14:32   #974 (permalink)

Hmmmmm.....

@paul4now38

OK, now I'm puzzled! I have TT version 5.202 (542) with gps-driver V1.20, but that should not be the problem because if the program can see al the states in the map it should also be able to navigate from state to state (and does so in the demo mode without gps on my phone).

Try to update to 5.202 (542) if possible, maybe that could solve your problem. Let me know if this works or else another solution has to be found.

Old 04-26-2006, 16:10   #975 (permalink)

Cool It Is Working State To State!!!!!!!!!!!

I in stalled major roads of america and it worked, also how to up grade is the newer version any better, THANKS.

Closed Thread