GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > GPS devices , Navigators & Maps

GPS devices , Navigators & Maps Find here all threads related to Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Navigators, GPS receivers, Settings, Maps and GPS modes.. etc

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 23:15   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 936896
Thanks Meter: 14
tomtom go720

HEllo to everyone and happy new year

I have tomtom go720 , I have been using it for long times and its really good.
Given that the installled maps inside are very old , i was wondering wher can i download maps and safety cameras files and plus i found some files on internet, however i wanted to know if maps that are used for mobiles such as nokia n95 are compatible with this navigator?
Can you people also help me to know how to check what is the version of my navigator map and the version of my navigator firmware??

THanks

Old 01-02-2009, 00:12   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 503346
Thanks Meter: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpu2007 View Post
HEllo to everyone and happy new year

I have tomtom go720 , I have been using it for long times and its really good.
Given that the installled maps inside are very old , i was wondering wher can i download maps and safety cameras files and plus i found some files on internet, however i wanted to know if maps that are used for mobiles such as nokia n95 are compatible with this navigator?
Can you people also help me to know how to check what is the version of my navigator map and the version of my navigator firmware??

THanks
please look on the tomtom v8 thread for all information regarding upgrades on tomtom's

Old 01-02-2009, 00:26   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

thank you very much ...i have been looking tere ...and i found information about everything ...i just need to know the link to download the lates map which is 8.15...can you please provide it?

Old 01-04-2009, 13:26   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I've tried a lot guys but it doesnt work
Please help me out guys;my navigator isn't working anymore, it says this map cannot be used on this device
I had wester europe map, but , i have downloade wester and central europe 2gb 8.15 map and then I have followed the procedure to make the dct file, I have patched the ttsystem file but with that it does turn on and then turn off, instead , if i use the original ttsystem file it does turn on and a message appears saying that the map cannot run on this device.
What did i do wrong?
Most of the link are dead, i just wanted to know what navcore i need for that map to work and where i can get the link for all navcore?

Old 01-04-2009, 19:35   #5 (permalink)

Member: 917026
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpu2007 View Post
I've tried a lot guys but it doesnt work
Please help me out guys;my navigator isn't working anymore, it says this map cannot be used on this device
I had wester europe map, but , i have downloade wester and central europe 2gb 8.15 map and then I have followed the procedure to make the dct file, I have patched the ttsystem file but with that it does turn on and then turn off, instead , if i use the original ttsystem file it does turn on and a message appears saying that the map cannot run on this device.
What did i do wrong?
Most of the link are dead, i just wanted to know what navcore i need for that map to work and where i can get the link for all navcore?
how did you patch the ttsystem file? Did you upgrade your firmware to the current 8.3x before patching the ttsystem file -- you need to make sure the patched ttsystem file matches the firmware you upgraded to. Then if you still get the wrong map version the problem is that the map is not properly patched.

Mule

Closed Thread