GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Genie Universal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 10:11   #1 (permalink)

Member: 834061
Thanks Meter: 0
only simlock invalid,why after simlock rpl ,phone resatart?

it is 5800, before i bought simlock rpl form genie, i have checked that superdongle key is valid,and imei is valid,

why after i wrote simlock rpl, phone now restart, before it was contact retailer,

please support, make it clear for me , i have spent 2 months reading forum, before i decided i bought genie because it can repair simlock data,

however, why phone restart? answer me , support, i need you

br
john
Old 11-14-2009, 11:11   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 277109
Sonork: 100.1590647
Thanks Meter: 83
becauser your phone has WD turned on, and Genie Clip can't repair this!
Old 11-14-2009, 13:55   #3 (permalink)

te be exact, please. i knew watch dog timer had been tunrned on,
but it was ok before i did simlock rpl.

the simlock repair rpl function is why i bought genie ,but now it will cause wd timer sometimes.

please, supporter

make it clear for us, why sometimes will cause wd timer when other times do not cause wd timer. it is very important for us because full nokia is out of reach now, and many ppl will buy genie if they know the denfinite answer

please do not tell me superdongle had been damaged, becuse i am talking about only simlock data damaged phones, i had checked that other important data was valid before i did simlock rpl.

please really carefully before post reply.

thank you.

br

john
Old 11-15-2009, 17:11   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 235325
Sonork: 100.1593552
Thanks Meter: 523
And more details can You give?Why the phone was in CR?It has it's simlock damaged?If the simlock was damaged You coulded make an simlock rpl by mt and after that unlock by clip with bb5notp;I've unlocked a lot of phones by this and never had problems but also I make full backup by all tools that I have for Nokia phones.
Old 11-15-2009, 22:00   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 947561
Thanks Meter: 14,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhthappy View Post
te be exact, please. i knew watch dog timer had been tunrned on,
but it was ok before i did simlock rpl.

the simlock repair rpl function is why i bought genie ,but now it will cause wd timer sometimes.

please, supporter

make it clear for us, why sometimes will cause wd timer when other times do not cause wd timer. it is very important for us because full nokia is out of reach now, and many ppl will buy genie if they know the denfinite answer

please do not tell me superdongle had been damaged, becuse i am talking about only simlock data damaged phones, i had checked that other important data was valid before i did simlock rpl.

please really carefully before post reply.

thank you.

br

john
A mobile goes in watch dog mainly for 2 reasons:
a) Imei damaged (1234560..)
b) Superdongle tempered (wrong PM 308 layout or PM 308 tempered)
If the mobile was already in watch dog, until you didn't fix the imei writing back the right NPC.CMT certificate or you wrote back the original PM 308 and flashed the mobile with the firmware related to the PM 308 layout, repairing the simlock won't help you to solve the WD.

BR

Alex
Old 11-16-2009, 14:34   #6 (permalink)

hi Alex,

thank you for your useful reply, i learned a lot from your posts !

there were phones with valid superdongle key,valid imei,just invalid simlock data, and after simlock rpl, came the wd timer, i was wondering why, and want denfinite answer!!! i am talking so-called sl2,not sl3 phones