GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Support (SIM Solution) > Rebel SIM Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 20:36   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 174853
Thanks Meter: 84
please product supporters or anyone convince me that REBEL sim is no joke....???

Dear Sirs....

i've sold about 25pcs of Rebel sim, and at some point or after a few days they complaint "no service" "no simcard installed"

i used firmware v70, and what i told them to do is put simcard on other phone to catch signal at put it back on iphone.... but this is very annoying, i already told them rebel is the most stable and best solution around.... what should i do to avoid "no service" and "no simcard"?

and now the EDGE/GPRS parts, it always difficult to make REBEL sim to catch EDGE/GPRS, sometimes lucky i get it, but sometimes after one hour, no result... (using tricks described here in the forum)

then one day my customer bring i-smartphone unlock simcard that he buy in US, it is very easy to catch EDGE/GPRS, only one try, killing the network and reset network, voila it can get EDGE...

and i'm asking why REBEL sim can't be like it?
as i know i-smartphone is non-upgradeable...

please try to fix EDGE/GPRS Sir... please and no service problem

thank you for supporting us

Old 06-05-2009, 21:01   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 174853
Thanks Meter: 84
as i know i-smartphone is a lame product, the finishing itself is not good, they still left some soldering fluid on the ic, but rebel simcard looks good on the hardware

but why when i compared the two products on test, rebel simcard is not as good as advertise, it even wont catch 3G, as with i-smartphone simcard 3G is always on (can call out but can't call in, data working)

please do something on rebel sim firmware or i will forced to give refund again to customers as i had with YES sim and Universal sim which is not working

Old 06-05-2009, 23:21   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1036607
Thanks Meter: 0
Ive had problems with v70.

Everything worked great for about a week and then i lost EDGE for no reason (i guess there is a reason but i just dont know it) and now what ever I try I cant get it back.
Calls in and out are fine but no internet at all - yes 3G is off and Roaming in on and yes I have the right settings

Ive seen a few people have the same problem so im off to v64 to see if its any better.

Sorry this doesnt help your customers but you could reflash their rebel-sims to v64 - bit of a pain thought i know!

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Old 06-05-2009, 23:38   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 28435
Thanks Meter: 16
First - Do not always rely on newest versions. Try old ones, including v55 to newest.

Second - Do not sell same versions to different users. Test certain FW's with certain SIM cards. In this way you will be sure it works, your customers will be happy, "goodwill" will spread about your business, and you will earn more money, like me .

Third (about EDGE) - I had similar problems. My customers changed SIM cards with their carrier customer service, and that fixed problem. Not sure if that will help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtue View Post
Dear Sirs....

i've sold about 25pcs of Rebel sim, and at some point or after a few days they complaint "no service" "no simcard installed"

i used firmware v70, and what i told them to do is put simcard on other phone to catch signal at put it back on iphone.... but this is very annoying, i already told them rebel is the most stable and best solution around.... what should i do to avoid "no service" and "no simcard"?

and now the EDGE/GPRS parts, it always difficult to make REBEL sim to catch EDGE/GPRS, sometimes lucky i get it, but sometimes after one hour, no result... (using tricks described here in the forum)

then one day my customer bring i-smartphone unlock simcard that he buy in US, it is very easy to catch EDGE/GPRS, only one try, killing the network and reset network, voila it can get EDGE...

and i'm asking why REBEL sim can't be like it?
as i know i-smartphone is non-upgradeable...

please try to fix EDGE/GPRS Sir... please and no service problem

thank you for supporting us

Old 06-07-2009, 16:37   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 469246
Thanks Meter: 9
you need to test all the firmwares to find out which is the best for a particular carrier. This is fine if you sell the sims locally. However, in my case for instance, i sell most online and to the US. and since i am not in the us, i cant test to see what works best. So for the us market i would recommend that you sell a sim that you know works well there. It seems the gevey is the most reliable as far as ive seen, for US networks.