GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Cruiser Team Products > Cruiser Suite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2006, 20:49   #1 (permalink)

Member: 235208
Thanks Meter: 0
P910i No Network Always Searching?

Can anyone shed some light to my problem now I've had my p900 and p910i from new not blacklisted and they were both on vodaphone to start with, contracts ended got them unlocked but still had branding on them so after a year or so with putting up with the how are you branded logo I bought a cruiser to sort this out,so whith a hand full of fully charged battery's I followed muppets guide from Here done my p900 without a glitch, showed handywork to a work mate who also owned a p900 so a beer trade for unbranding and phone no.2 done without a problem.

now I've bored they arse off everyone.the p910i problem and more boring stuff

(set baudrate=230400)used same guide for this phone using the standard files from cruiser support
powered up phone,network bar shows full but always searching for network
so re-attach phone and had a play, clicked the locks tab and chose Read Codes in the main window and got this result

Version 9.22 ready!
Connecting via UC-10 Universal Cable...
Powering on the phone...
Baseband chip ID: 0x5B08
Protocol version: 2.1
Trying CID29 applet...
Trying CID27 applet...
RSA protection feature inactive.
Bypassing authority check...
Time spent entering bootstrap: 67s
Initializing phone hardware...
Baudrate = 230400Bd
Phone hardware initialized OK
OTP IMEI: *****-**-******-*
GDFS IMEI: ******-**-******-*
Firmware: P910 R4E001 [CXC162042]
Uploading GDFS applet...
Baudrate = 230400Bd
New security zone format detected!
Security zone version: 05-A
Cannot calculate network codes.
Hint: Rebuild security zone instead.
Phonecode: 0000 (default)
Codes calculated.
Clearing phone lock...
Done.

so done proper procedure with fresh battery and connected backup phone tryed again to rebuild Secruity AVR still got first result with phone with searching for network after detaching phone so thought sod it if it's nackered may aswell play abit more changed batterys attached phone then went back to locks tab and tryed Recalc DCRCs got these results in main window

Waiting for GDFS applet to start...
Checking GDFS status...
Phone has not been damaged by Cooler.
Phone has not been damaged by Total Tool.
Phone has not been locked by Terminator.
New security zone format detected!
Refusing to write CRCs to phone...

played abit more replacing with a fresh full battery each time tryed direct unlock button this time round got
Hint :Rebuild secuirty zone instead.
so when back to square 1 new batt installed rehooked up phone and chose the securty AVR tab
clicked the Create Security Zone left it to do the doo and detached the phone,phone still looking for network.so tryed something else attached phone went back to Security AVR tab Wrote down NCK, NSCK,CCK,SPCK codes detached phone done the <**< to get into SIM-ME personalize zone
all codes worked to lock/unlock each zone till i chose the last 1 Corporate when entering the CCK code i get Sim Failure popup.

now your thinking I've got a hardware prob like i did,so got this checked out no hardware prob.so am i right in saying that the cruiser soft is'nt rebuilding the security zone properly with my phone? or is there some other prob.been up n down the forum for a few days looking for other things to try but with same initail prob.anyone got any other ideas i could tryout apart from buying a new phone and using this 1 as a paperweight.

another thing i checked was that on iuqzone the CDA for my phone says that the last known firmware version was R4A10 ,Oct 25, 2005 so with me putting the R5A02 on this phone could it be that there's something funky with this firmware which screws up some p910's, also cruisers support area does'nt have any older firmwares to play with so I'm stuck at a dead end for the time being unless someones got some older full firmwares etc to tryout..in the mean time I'll flash n play with the other ones in the smartphone year2004 Dir just 2 kill some time.

ow yeah for those who have found this post though the search this is the cruiser Section so no posting about other hardware/software probs which have comeup with the same results which I've encountered please I've only posted because this was just for my own personal playaround with my phone and to see if anyone can find anytype of solution using cruiser or something that I've missed and should try doing..

Old 03-28-2006, 20:57   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42570
Thanks Meter: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie1
OTP IMEI: *****-**-******-*
GDFS IMEI: ******-**-******-*
Someone had changed the IMEI on this phone. When you rebuilt the security zone, you set the GDFS IMEI to match the OTP IMEI (as a phone should be). Obviously the original IMEI is BlackListed, so now you get no network.

Rebuild the phone's security with whatever the GDFS IMEI you posted above was, and the (stolen?) phone will be back and working in no time!

Old 03-28-2006, 22:57   #3 (permalink)

Hi muppet the phone was not stolen or anything but purchase from new by myself but what was confusing was that the imei and the otp imei never match to start with , I use to have problems registering software alot of the time company's would have to issue an alt unlock code for me few years back.but after a while when I'd done a seus update sometime ago the firmware upgraded to R4A10 this problem was sorted out,
but in the mean time I've tryed rebuilt the security with the correct imei and tryed other imei and still got the no network(searching) result, I know I hav'nt reported in the phone and I've given vodaphone a call to check this out after digging thorugh to find paperwork and trying to remember where i placed security Q & A's (had 2 double check just incase an Ex had the paperwork and details and done the nasty to me) the problem still occurs.

tryed like you posted
Rebuild the phone's security with whatever the GDFS IMEI you posted above was, and the (stolen?) phone will be back and working in no time!
Still no joy

I know my first post was a bit long winded but I tryed putting in plenty of details of what I'd done + it's been a while since I've played around with firmware upgrading/unlocking and never come up with a problem phone

only thing i really noticed new after flashing the standard files and re-attaching the phone was
Security zone version: 05-A
and I'm still getting the
Hint: Rebuild security zone instead. ?
no matter how many time i try rebuilding the security zone and after turning back on the phone to check for network coverage its the same problem
is still there I'd put the phone to manual Network and the searching has change to the network name but GPRS is Detached then it'll go back to searching.

Old 03-29-2006, 00:22   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Which phone has the problem, I still don't understand...
In your original post you said you'd done two phones without a hitch, but then you start posting logs of a problem phone.

Did the debrand of your phone work or not? Is the phone you're posting about a 3rd phone? You don't make that clear at all.

You can safely ignore the hint, that's all it is, a hint. It's just saying Cruiser can't read the security zone encryption so if you want to unlock it, rebuild AVR zone. Once you've done this and you power the phone on, the AVR zone relocks itself so when you attach again, you'll get the same message. Ignore it, it's not a problem, just a notification.

It sounds like something is wrong with the phone's hardware, though you say all you've done is flashed it. Did you at any stage accidently flash it incorrectly?

It still sounds to me like a IMEI blocked problem. Which phone above was it that had the "dual" IMEI reported? Can you post here what they were, prehaps with the last 4 digits crossed out? That way if it's all FFFF's or something we'll know it's a Cruiser bug.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:50   #5 (permalink)

Red face

Problems been solved could kick myself really the fortnightly trip to the cash machine was the answer I'd forgot the the sim I'd been trying in the phone was cancelled by me about a week an a half ago because of silly phonecalls,and with me changing sims around the phones i have and passing on new numbers to people,then playing around with unbranding my phones.It had slipped my mind about the new sim i had in my wallet, soon as i put this in the phone it work fine...problem was me @ the end of the day but cheers for replying to my posts gonna go and bash my head against a wall for being a twat.lets hope next time I drop a post in i do have a proper problem.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:01   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Live 'n' learn, we've all done stupid things like that before