GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Cruiser Team Products > Cruiser Suite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2006, 00:24   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 96141
Thanks Meter: 200
what to do with my k750i, nead advice!

hi all
i bought a new k750i that works fine, but have a litle problem, somtimes when i open a video media, image and radio also, the phone shut down and roboot itself! that happen one or two time by day.
i have garanty, and i'm in doubt to return it to my resseler or flash it with my self!!

advice me plz:
1-if i return it to my resseler, i'm sure that the phone will stay 2 or 3 weaks!! bad resselers here

2-and if i'm sure that problem is software, so why i don't flash it and finished with it.

i wanna be sure that my problem is software, so i can repair it without take it to the resseler.

thanks

Old 02-10-2006, 01:05   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42570
Thanks Meter: 11
If it's an original phone, why don't you use SonyEricsson's Update Service to see if that fixes it? That way you can get an updated firmware but you haven't voided any warranty by flashing the phone, changing certificates etc.

If it upgrades the firmware for you and you see no difference to the problem, it must be a hardware fault.

Old 02-10-2006, 01:11   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet
If it's an original phone, why don't you use SonyEricsson's Update Service to see if that fixes it? That way you can get an updated firmware but you haven't voided any warranty by flashing the phone, changing certificates etc.

If it upgrades the firmware for you and you see no difference to the problem, it must be a hardware fault.
thanks for replay
i have repaired a k700i that have the sama problem by flashing, and if i return it to the garanty service, it will stay one month surely, that's why i wanna confirm if its flash or hardware.
plz, what do u mean about SonyEricsson's Update Service!!
thanks again

Old 02-10-2006, 01:21   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Sony Ericsson Update Service

Old 02-10-2006, 01:25   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
good idea, but what this is used for, flashing my phone with a free softs!!!
what is this sit for??

Old 02-10-2006, 01:42   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_x100
good idea, but what this is used for, flashing my phone with a free softs!!!
what is this sit for??
See where it says "Update Service"? It is, amazingly enough, the SonyEricsson Offical Update service. OH MY G0D? It's FREE? That must mean it's terrible! Run Away, Run Away!
Free doesn't always mean it's not good you know.

All I am suggesting is flashing it with Offical Software, if you flash it with Unoffical Software (Cruiser) and your reseller is smart, he may notice you have done this and cancel/void your warranty (or garanty as you call it)
That is assuming you leave RSA unlocked, or the phone brown or something equally boneheaded.

If you don't care about this (or don't understand...) then go ahead and flash it with Cruiser, the procedure is in the manual.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:00   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
See where it says "Update Service"? It is, amazingly enough, the SonyEricsson Offical Update service. OH MY G0D? It's FREE? That must mean it's terrible! Run Away, Run Away!
Free doesn't always mean it's not good you know.

All I am suggesting is flashing it with Offical Software, if you flash it with Unoffical Software (Cruiser) and your reseller is smart, he may notice you have done this and cancel/void your warranty (or garanty as you call it)
That is assuming you leave RSA unlocked, or the phone brown or something equally boneheaded.

If you don't care about this (or don't understand...) then go ahead and flash it with Cruiser, the procedure is in the manual.
ok ok, i didn't understand, now i am
yes u are all right, i'll look how to use the Update Service before and what cable it nead. and yes maybe it will be a good soft
anyway taking it to my service waranty(garanty here ) will make me wait a month, and maybe i will get a good experience if i solve it with my self.
thanks again

Old 02-10-2006, 02:03   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

SEUS uses the standard cable that was supplied with the phone (for a K750/W800)
For other phones you can use a DSS-20/DSS-25 Docking Station or the mini EPI cable it comes with.
The software is user friendly, it talks you through each step.

I use SEUS quite a bit, especially with V800 phones that I rebrand. Cruiser only has R1S of the firmware, but using SEUS I can then update the phone to a later version.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:06   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
SEUS uses the standard cable that was supplied with the phone (for a K750/W800)
For other phones you can use a DSS-20/DSS-25 Docking Station or the mini EPI cable it comes with.

I use SEUS quite a bit, especially with V800 phones that I rebrand. Cruiser only has R1S of the firmware, but using SEUS I can then update the phone to a later version.
good begening, i have it

Old 03-13-2006, 03:19   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

thanks Muppet, u have gave me the best advise today i have upgrade my phone with the sonyericsson update service in 20mnt, now i have no bug and i used the latest firmware R1BC002.
big thanks.

Old 03-13-2006, 05:33   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Good stuff

Free's not always bad!