GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Android based Phones / Tablets

Android based Phones / Tablets For all of your questions relating to the android mobile phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 19:40   #1 (permalink)

Member: 937826
Thanks Meter: 0
Question Debranding Optimus HTC Hero (PT)

Hi everyone.

I am an Android rookie, but i am trying to learn more and more each day.
I bought recently a HTC Hero from optimus operator (Portugal) - Orange - and it came with 1.5 version of the OS. There is original 2.1 version but not for my operator.
I already made an goldcard for it, removed simlock, and rooted (do i think is not ok because installed titanium backup pro and i try to have root acess - allow on SU - and i got an error from the app, saying it had not root acess) but now i would like to know step by step what to do?

what rom (original and generic) should i install to have 2.1?
How to do it, with goldcard inside cellphone?
It is possible to go back?
I have read in Q&A that some orange phones, whem the debranding is done, loose the network due to some radio network imcompabilities... how can i know if that is or is not my case?

First doubt, phone rooted or not (SU)?
with phone connected to pc, with adb....
"adb shell" ...
"su"
and a get the "#" sign instead of the "$". so i shoukd have the device rooted.
But i installed titanium backup pro (think version is 3.7.6)... run allow root acess ... and the i receive the message that the software can not have root acess and it needs it to run without errors .... so rooted or not rooted?
is there another way to test without damaging phone?

I prefer the "original" HTC roms instead of the mooded ones, i think they should be more reliable.
Found out the radio on my phone is 63.18.55.06FU_6.35.07.08 ... is it compatible with the other HTC roms, or it should be changed ... and in that case is it compatible with the phone itself?

I would be greatful for all the help someone could give me.

Many thanks

D_Saint