GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Advance-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2016, 16:01   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2512446
Thanks Meter: 0
Lumia 640 jtag or chip off

New to this forum but not the cell phone world. I handle all the forensics for a police department I work for. I have a locked Microsoft lumia 640 that powers up but I need to grab the data off it. Was involved in a homicide. I'm formulary with jtag and chip off as I've done on Android phones. I no most phones the passcode just locks the phone not the data unless u have encryption software on it. Is possible on this phone never had a case with a windows phone yet. The typical data extraction methods won't work. Cellbrite oxygen ect. Could I remove the emmc the connect to it and use something like atf to do a binary extraction then I'll rebuild the data

Any help would be appreciated

Old 04-15-2016, 13:56   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2491556
Thanks Meter: 2
Hi,

I have just done a lumia 640 myself and got a full read using ATF (Advanced Turbo Flasher). You need the ATF pinouts for it.

I used an external power supply to power the phone by connecting to the battery terminals. I also plugged in the micro usb plugged into the wall - for some reason, I found it works better with two power sources.

In ATF (under the ATF plus tab) I found i had to set the chip to the snapdragon chip, the mhz to 7.5 and the power to 2.80. only then was i able to read the user area

Old 04-15-2016, 14:41   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataMunched View Post
Hi,

I have just done a lumia 640 myself and got a full read using ATF (Advanced Turbo Flasher). You need the ATF pinouts for it.

I used an external power supply to power the phone by connecting to the battery terminals. I also plugged in the micro usb plugged into the wall - for some reason, I found it works better with two power sources.

In ATF (under the ATF plus tab) I found i had to set the chip to the snapdragon chip, the mhz to 7.5 and the power to 2.80. only then was i able to read the user area

I'll try that. Just got a rm-975 from what I read it's close to the 635-640 model. I was having trouble doing the extraction as it would read the data then disconnect read data disconnect

Thanks

Old 07-15-2016, 01:02   #4 (permalink)

Member: 2598510
I have same problem can you tell me what product i must buy? what kind of pinout?

Regards
Flavio

Old 07-15-2016, 13:40   #5 (permalink)

You need an atf box. What type of phone do you have and I'll give you the pin outs