GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 00:55   #16 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1418143
Thanks Meter: 353

black glue = oooop still fighting against it .. searching good solution for it .
sometime I lost Ic or Board pins due to it ... OMG ,, who will briing easy thing to remove it ?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:44   #17 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 168090
Thanks Meter: 92
it's just so silly because sometimes the black glue extends to other parts that makes it more harder to remove the desired ic..

Sent from my year one phone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2013, 10:39   #18 (permalink)
No Life Poster

and often , even under ic ... i killing every day ...
Old 02-12-2013, 00:43   #19 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 504871
Thanks Meter: 165
I just like to add a little comments. I ALWAYS clean PCB after work with an cheap toothbrush! Yes, low cost tool I know but 100% good. Maybe professional tools in market, just choose. But te thing is when you desolder/solder any IC on board, small pieces of welding beads can freely get stucked between pcb components. So, I clean ALL the PCB with my toothbrush! Sometimes with thinner (to clean flux (if conductive), somethimes dry.
Try and look your final work very clean.
BTW, I was searching solutions for "Black epoxy", an this is what I found:
...... FIRST OF ALL: some chemicals listed here are CANCER CAUSING SO BEWARE!!!!....

how to remove epoxy resin and smd chips - YouTube

We used to make our own by *slowly* adding sodium hydroxide pellets (one at a time; wait until pellet is dissolved before adding another) to 100% ethanol. A good, muddy brown color usually indicates the ethoxide is ready to use. You won't need much, only a few microliters to cover the section on the slide. Also, monitor carefully. The dissolution of the epoxy occurs fairly rapidly.

Epoxy Removal from Gold Fingers

http://********.com/2010/07/16/decap...uits-with-sap/
One of the biggest hurdles in this process has always been just getting to the guts of the chip. He used acetone to dissolve the plastic case but had trouble getting through the epoxy blob. Commonly, the epoxy is soaked in nitric acid for a few minutes but [James] didn’t have access to that chemical. Instead he popped into the local music store and picked up some rosin (used to make violin bows sticky enough to grab the strings of the instrument). After boiling down the rock-hard rosin and the chip for 20 minutes, he got a clean and relatively undamaged semiconductor that he can easily peer into.
The Following User Says Thank You to Argento7 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2013, 00:58   #20 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1017374
Thanks Meter: 2,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argento7 View Post
I just like to add a little comments. I ALWAYS clean PCB after work with an cheap toothbrush! Yes, low cost tool I know but 100% good. Maybe professional tools in market, just choose. But te thing is when you desolder/solder any IC on board, small pieces of welding beads can freely get stucked between pcb components. So, I clean ALL the PCB with my toothbrush! Sometimes with thinner (to clean flux (if conductive), somethimes dry.
Try and look your final work very clean.
BTW, I was searching solutions for "Black epoxy", an this is what I found:
...... FIRST OF ALL: some chemicals listed here are CANCER CAUSING SO BEWARE!!!!....

how to remove epoxy resin and smd chips - YouTube

We used to make our own by *slowly* adding sodium hydroxide pellets (one at a time; wait until pellet is dissolved before adding another) to 100% ethanol. A good, muddy brown color usually indicates the ethoxide is ready to use. You won't need much, only a few microliters to cover the section on the slide. Also, monitor carefully. The dissolution of the epoxy occurs fairly rapidly.

Epoxy Removal from Gold Fingers

http://********.com/2010/07/16/decap...uits-with-sap/
One of the biggest hurdles in this process has always been just getting to the guts of the chip. He used acetone to dissolve the plastic case but had trouble getting through the epoxy blob. Commonly, the epoxy is soaked in nitric acid for a few minutes but [James] didn’t have access to that chemical. Instead he popped into the local music store and picked up some rosin (used to make violin bows sticky enough to grab the strings of the instrument). After boiling down the rock-hard rosin and the chip for 20 minutes, he got a clean and relatively undamaged semiconductor that he can easily peer into.
Of course toothbrush is best i know for cleaning boards after i use it for cleaning my teeth.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wites OM Tesla For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2013, 15:56   #21 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 658949
Thanks Meter: 13
A person told me that a toothbrush is very electrostatic and recommended that I stay away. This same guy recommended to use 450°C and medium air flow to solder/dessolder SMD components from iphone motherboard. As I can read from experts on this forum this is not true. I don't know what I think. Sorry my English and thanks.
Old 02-12-2013, 16:27   #22 (permalink)
No Life Poster

450° hummmmmmm too much bro
The Following User Says Thank You to psytr0nic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2013, 19:28   #23 (permalink)

Member: 1703094
Thanks Meter: 2
Hi mr wites !!!

Please can you post educational videos for change/repair PFC touch screen conectors for iphones and soldering 01005 smts ....

Thank you for helping us !!!
You are very good !!!
Best regards
Old 03-20-2013, 11:54   #24 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctflight13 View Post
Hi mr wites !!!

Please can you post educational videos for change/repair PFC touch screen conectors for iphones and soldering 01005 smts ....

Thank you for helping us !!!
You are very good !!!
Best regards
Thanks i will try to make time and make some videos have allot of work.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wites OM Tesla For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 04-23-2013, 05:32   #25 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 77768
Thanks Meter: 70
sir how can i remove glued ic?
The Following User Says Thank You to peeko786 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2013, 13:28   #26 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1839857
Thanks Meter: 46
Hello friends, I just wanted to share a method I have started using for removing the black resin surrounding the BGA chips. It has proven very good and is a lot faster than dental-pick and hot-air!

Enjoy

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jegerjon For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 07-09-2013, 08:33   #27 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 523496
Sonork: ammachis
Thanks Meter: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by jegerjon View Post
I was wondering what material people uses to replace the black resin around chips? Say you have removed the resin, reballed the chip, and want to add a new pool of resin, just to leave everything the way it was before. What materiel would you recommend?
removing glued ic is not simple as it is mentioned but if it is a regular work it may be also a simple one like other complicated hardware works the following steps should be in mind while removing a glued one with a themocole cutting blade

1.apply flex and put the reworking heat in the normal ic mode
2.find a gap to insert the knife in to the ic while applying the hear try to remove the glue layer nicely sideways
3keep in mind that there are copper tracks under the ic dont harm it while removing the ic
its a simple work but there is no vedio to upload with me so search it goodluck
Old 07-09-2013, 20:36   #28 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeko786 View Post
sir how can i remove glued ic?
Try give 500C of heat let me know if work!?
Old 07-14-2013, 09:12   #29 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1520201
Thanks Meter: 4
do someone know more abut this "low temperature solder" ? its more easy to put a new battery connector and more PFCs when you use low temperature right?
i have tryed to look for it on ebay but its very expensive
Old 07-15-2013, 21:15   #30 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Exclamation CyberdocQuick Alloy Use Only to Unsolder Connectors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaiiskiaev View Post
do someone know more abut this "low temperature solder" ? its more easy to put a new battery connector and more PFCs when you use low temperature right?
i have tryed to look for it on ebay but its very expensive
It is very useful to unsolder some connector even reuse it on other fone but i not recommend it to solder back any connector because it will give crack with time pass,so use it only to unsolder!
The Following User Says Thank You to Wites OM Tesla For This Useful Post: