GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Android based phones

Samsung Android based phones Discussion and all of your questions relating to the Samsung Android based phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2021, 03:39   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2985195
Thanks Meter: 1
Unhappy How to downgrade from binaryU8 to binary U1?

hello everyone

I have an issue trying to downgrade my SM-S357bl,when trying to do so I get this error on odin mode: SW REV. CHECK FAIL (BOOTLOADER) DEVICE 8 BINARY 1

I have unchecked bootloader, however I still get the same error,but with SYSTEM or RECOVERY.

How can I downgrade from android 9 to android 8? I could've used the same binary for downgrade,however android 9 and 8 are different binaries for my phone.

Thank you everyone for your help.
Old 04-22-2021, 05:05   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1626780
Thanks Meter: 1,275
You cannot downgrade binary but if same binary android 8 and 9 then you can flash 9 or 8 any time you want..
The Following User Says Thank You to malka4u For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2021, 05:41   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 4627
Sonork: 57528:debeliamark
Thanks Meter: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by fir8490 View Post
How can I downgrade from android 9 to android 8? I could've used the same binary for downgrade,however android 9 and 8 are different binaries for my phone.
You cannot downgrade with official firmware this Galaxy J3 Orbit from Android 9 [ Pie ] to Android 8 [ Oreo ].
The latest Oreo firmware is S357BLUDU2ASC2, but the first Pie is S357BLUDU3BSH3 - so bootloader is updated. no way back.

The possibility to run Oreo is via unlocking bootloader, flashing custom recovery and use custom ROM. The J3 Orbit probably have hidden OEM unlocking, so you need enable it first.
The Following User Says Thank You to debeliamark For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2021, 13:51   #4 (permalink)

Well,I did not find the OEM unlock in my settings,but I managed to enable it using the combination file that I currently have,however I couldn't find any custom recovery for my phone,such as twrp,where can I find it?
Old 04-22-2021, 18:30   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 832640
Thanks Meter: 9
if you have the combination why do you want a custom recovery?
Old 04-22-2021, 20:59   #6 (permalink)

Because after flashing combination,I tried and I still get binary error for some reason,so I want to go back using custom recovery since I can't downgrade directly apparently.
Old 04-25-2021, 00:47   #7 (permalink)

Member: 319547
Thanks Meter: 8
now way to do that.......
Old 04-25-2021, 01:45   #8 (permalink)

What do you mean by that,I'm pretty sure it's possible to downgrade,we have to find a way to do so.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:48   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 478535
Thanks Meter: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by fir8490 View Post
What do you mean by that,I'm pretty sure it's possible to downgrade,we have to find a way to do so.
No, you are not pretty sure. For ages the gsm community knows that downgrade bootloader its not possible with official firmware, not even with fac fw, not even unlocking bootloader...

Related to twrp, some developers are needed to, you know, develop a custom recovery.
It won't fall from the sky, so the "sure, i need it so there must be one" isn't valid as we aren't in the land of rainbows and unicorns (i wish).

If there is no interest in developing a custom recovery for that model, samsung will not develop one, and on this you can be sure.

If on xda developers or other similar forum, where people devote their time to do this, did not appear any custom recovery developed for this particular model, you won't find one and that's a sure thing. So, if no custom recovery, definitely there isn't a custom firmware as there is no way to reprogram the CFW without custom recovery. Even then, from my late experiments, most custom firmware build lately need to have the latest bootloader, latest modem, else they wont work correctly, if at all.

What could be done here is root bootloader or recovery with tools like eft and others and that could only help develop a custom recovery by knowing the proper partitions. But it wont build a recovery able to do what you wish it could be done.

Good luck.

Last edited by Desirat; 04-25-2021 at 08:54.
The Following User Says Thank You to Desirat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2021, 19:18   #10 (permalink)

Member: 2988271
Thanks Meter: 0
Samsung S10 cell network low signal

Hi

I need help , if someone knows solution please please write me.
Problem:
I have Samsung s10, I think 30th of March i updated my android from Android 10 to 11, since that day i have very very low cell network signal . On the beginning i was not sure what happened but after few days researching and downgrading my android to Android 10 ( it was possible because Bit/SW REV.
Security Patch Lvl. it was the same 9 ) after the downgrade i was having good signal on 3G and 4G also. So the conclusion was that the update made something. I decided to return the android to 11 and waiting another update. Now , like you know , there is new update , from May. I updated my phone and again same problem . So i decided to go back again. When i tried to downgrade i saw that Samsung changed the SW REV to A , and now i cant go back . I called to samsung and still i am waiting answer from them . Please help me if someone knows some kind of solution . If i can go to Android 10 again it will be great, just to use my phone, still it is in good condition , like new.
Thank you for reading my letter

Greetings
Ivo from Macedonia
Old 02-01-2023, 19:57   #11 (permalink)

Member: 3015682
Sonork: 100.28977
Samsung Galaxy A32 SM-A325F U2 Downgrade To U1​

Samsung Galaxy A32 SM-A325F U2 Downgrade To U1​
How To flash SM-A325F U2 with U1?​
1. Ensure Your Device Bootloader Status is Unlocked

2. Before Proceeding with Next Operation Make You Make a Personal Copy of Your Mobile Super.img [Back it Up]

3. Write the DownGrade Firmware with any Compatible MTK Testpoint Flasher Tool [UnlockTool is Recommended]

4. Write the Root.tar Firmware via Testpoint as well.

5. Reassemble and Reboot Device

6. Downgrade and Root Complete

7. Welcome Back to Bit 1
Old 02-01-2023, 20:15   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 866455
Sonork: SAMSUNG CPID ONLINE
Thanks Meter: 579
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Unhappy How to downgrade from binaryU8 to binary U1?
hello everyone

I have an issue trying to downgrade my SM-S357bl,when trying to do so I get this error on odin mode: SW REV. CHECK FAIL (BOOTLOADER) DEVICE 8 BINARY 1

I have unchecked bootloader, however I still get the same error,but with SYSTEM or RECOVERY.

Thank you everyone for your help.
https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-S357BL/TFN
download last version and flash device
Old 02-02-2023, 09:40   #13 (permalink)

Member: 3015682
Sonork: 100.28977
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgicAga View Post
https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-S357BL/TFN
download last version and flash device
I have N975F U8 and want to downgrade to U7 for repair imei etc so please guide me if there's any way to downgrade the binary
Old 02-02-2023, 10:22   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
I have N975F U8 and want to downgrade to U7 for repair imei etc so please guide me if there's any way to downgrade the binary
it is not possible to downgrade the boot version, check if any of the tools support your software version, if not, wait for the update
Old 02-02-2023, 10:22   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
it is not possible to downgrade the boot version, check if any of the tools support your software version, if not, wait for the update