GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > LG > LG Android based phones

LG Android based phones General LG Android phones discussion, firmwares, solution, root, help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2016, 01:32   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2509372
Thanks Meter: 0
lg g3 screen unresponsive after touch firmware upgrade

I have a lg g3 d855, after going to the service menu and attempting a touch screen firmware upgrade my phone got stuck and now my touch screen is dead. I tried several solutions, flashing .kdz through lg flash tool, upgrading my firmware through lg mobile support tool etc.

For the last two days I tried everything I can, so I'll try to explain every move I made. First of all, I tried every version from kitkat to lollipop, even I flashed the marshmallow update, but no success. ATM I am on lollipop stock rom, with root and TWRP recovery. I am using my mouse through usb adapter to navigate with the phone. I rooted my phone with kingroot app.
- The touch screen firmware version on my phone is -1, that was the case even before my screen got unresponsive, I can't figure it out how is this possible. I tried doing the same thing, updating the touch screen firmware but nothing happens when I click update through the service menu.
- I opened the back of the phone, reconnected the screen with the motherboard and turned on the phone - but no success. The situation remains the same. unresponsive screen.
So I am kindly asking for any advice or idea you have about my problem, how can I get my phone to work properly?
Does someone know where can I find a working touchscreen firmware for LG G3 D855? Is it possible to push the firmware to my phone using adb sideload or twrp?
At last, can a screen replacement solve this issue? I am 100% sure that this is not a hardware problem, all I need is to push a touch screen firmware on my phone.
Please help!
Old 08-31-2016, 16:06   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2486025
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mviktors View Post
I have a lg g3 d855, after going to the service menu and attempting a touch screen firmware upgrade my phone got stuck and now my touch screen is dead. I tried several solutions, flashing .kdz through lg flash tool, upgrading my firmware through lg mobile support tool etc.

For the last two days I tried everything I can, so I'll try to explain every move I made. First of all, I tried every version from kitkat to lollipop, even I flashed the marshmallow update, but no success. ATM I am on lollipop stock rom, with root and TWRP recovery. I am using my mouse through usb adapter to navigate with the phone. I rooted my phone with kingroot app.
- The touch screen firmware version on my phone is -1, that was the case even before my screen got unresponsive, I can't figure it out how is this possible. I tried doing the same thing, updating the touch screen firmware but nothing happens when I click update through the service menu.
- I opened the back of the phone, reconnected the screen with the motherboard and turned on the phone - but no success. The situation remains the same. unresponsive screen.
So I am kindly asking for any advice or idea you have about my problem, how can I get my phone to work properly?
Does someone know where can I find a working touchscreen firmware for LG G3 D855? Is it possible to push the firmware to my phone using adb sideload or twrp?
At last, can a screen replacement solve this issue? I am 100% sure that this is not a hardware problem, all I need is to push a touch screen firmware on my phone.
Please help!
the same problem, update touch firmware killed touchscreen, Please Help
Old 09-06-2016, 01:38   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 2302076
Sonork: 100.1663298
Thanks Meter: 185
It is the issue of your touch IC firmware.
There is a chip in lcd or in touch panel called touch ic it's have its own firmware to handle the phone's touch firmware.
Try to upgrade the touch firmware again or contact me may be I help you
Otherwise changing the screen will 100% solve this issue

Br,
Shahzaib Jahangir
#Zaibis
Old 10-15-2016, 13:42   #4 (permalink)

Member: 1143614
Thanks Meter: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahsoft View Post
It is the issue of your touch IC firmware.
There is a chip in lcd or in touch panel called touch ic it's have its own firmware to handle the phone's touch firmware.
Try to upgrade the touch firmware again or contact me may be I help you
Otherwise changing the screen will 100% solve this issue

Br,
Shahzaib Jahangir
#Zaibis
I have the same problem . My touchscreen now dont work properly ( I need to press longer ) but sometimes it wont recognize anything.

Already tried downgrade to 5.1 and upgrade to 6.0 but it is the same.

Info about touch firmware version :

======== Firmware Info ==========
ic_fw_version RAW = 30 05 51 86
=== ic_fw_version info ===
Innotek
0key
Synaptics
PanelType 1
version: v1.06
IC_product_id[PLG313]
Touch IC: s3528(family_id=0, fw_rev=0)

img_fw_version RAW = 30 05 51 86
=== img_fw_version info ===
Innotek
0key
Synaptics
PanelType 1
version: v1.06
Img_product_id[PLG313]
Touch IC: s3528(family_id=0, fw_rev=0)

Is there anything I could do to solve this problem ( without changing LCD+Touch assembly ) ?
Old 10-16-2016, 04:46   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

It seems that the software of your phone's touch IC is ok
I think that it is a hardware issue you need to change the touch or the whole panel (touch and lcd)
First try to change touch only

Sent from my Fire Phone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2016, 09:48   #6 (permalink)

Member: 1143614
Thanks Meter: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahsoft View Post
It seems that the software of your phone's touch IC is ok
I think that it is a hardware issue you need to change the touch or the whole panel (touch and lcd)
First try to change touch only

Ok , but my touch was working good before updating touch firmware.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:13   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I think there is only one chance without changing lcd or touch
You have to change the touch flexy
You just corrupted the touch IC's firmware that what I do with S4 by doing this after changing flexy it was ok but after some day the lcd was gone 😂

Old 10-18-2016, 01:25   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 299401
Sonork: facebook:Ahmad Majzoub
Thanks Meter: 233
Donate money to this user
is a hardware issue by touch side
but
its software problem cause you try other version flash file ..
its not compatible with it .