GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > SIM Solution Products > R-SIM & GEVEY SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 22:36   #1 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 2111654
Thanks Meter: 4
Contacts for calling and texting issue

So my iPhone was recently unlocked using the R-Sim Mini. No big issues besides a carrier issue. So usually my iPhone use to have peoples phone numbers stored as 1(999)999-9999, but after unlocking the iPhone with R-Sim, the numbers are suddenly arranged 19999999999 (all together). So now whenever someone calls me, it only shows up their contact name if the phone has 19999999999 as the number, and I only recieve text from +1 9999999999.

Is there something to fix this issue? Also the voicemail button and the #411# type of calls (to check minutes and etc) don't work.

I have already tried using fixed Default.phontformat (Several different ones)

I have an iPhone 5 on Sprint using it for T-Mobile USA. This has occured for two of my iPhone 5's.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:18   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1938435
Thanks Meter: 208
Donate money to this user
Voicemail can be fixed in iFile by going to /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle and clicking on the arrow to the right of the .bundle name. Then find out which symbolic link it's targeting. I think it's 316010 or something around there. Then go to that symbolic numbered folder(push back arrow) and redirect symbolic link to TMobile_US.bundle. Restart the iPhone. To fix USSD #626# codes, etc., go to Cydia and do a full update if you haven't. Then add source repo apt.chinasnow.net and install commcenter patch. Go back into iFile, find TMobile_US.bundle, open it, click on carrier.plist, text viewer, Edit, and go down to:

<key>Supports NITZ</key>
</true>

Below that line add:

<key>SupportsSupplementaryServicesOver3GPP</key>
</true>

Save and restart iPhone.

You should also see 4G at the top if you previously saw 3G when redirecting the Sprint bundle to TMobile_US.bundle.

There's a phone number formatting fix guide in the other topic, but I've yet to test it on a Sprint iPhone 5 for US.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:28   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1756704
Thanks Meter: 14
how to fix usa t-mobile picture messages not delivered i4s ? try this no success T-Mobile Internet and MMS settings: Apple iPhone | T-Mobile Support thank you
Old 02-01-2014, 08:33   #4 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

SIMTester, I did what you told me to do for voicemail, but it didn't work. For the USSD issue, it "worked" but it gives me an error of "Request could not be completed. Please try again."

The source of the issue of the Contacts is from the R-Sim patches from the isamteam repo, but I don't know how to fix it. I installed patches A and L and these issues came up with the phone.
Old 02-01-2014, 21:32   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Restart the phone if voicemail doesn't work. If settings, general, about shows T-Mobile 15.5, then voicemail will work unless your .plist is corrupted. It takes about 5 minutes for visual voicemail to start working.

You don't need patch A & L in isamteam repo. You can just restart as necessary once you redirect the Sprint symbolic link to TMobile_US.bundle. I say remove those patches and try to get it going again. Contacts are not an issue for me for any of my Sprint to TMobile customers, but they do have picture messages showing up as group messages. I think this only happens if your Sprint phone number isn't the same as your T-Mobile phone number in Settings, Phone, My Number.
Old 02-01-2014, 22:00   #6 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Okay, I removed the A & L but it also removed the carrier bundle.bundle if the /var/mobile/Library folder. I'll do a fresh restore of the iPhone and try it again. I'll let you know how it goes!
Old 02-01-2014, 23:03   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

You don't have to restore. Carrier Bundle.bundle is just a symbolic link to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/CarrierLab.bundle once you have the patch installed. Anyway, good luck in your endeavor. I've done about 20 Sprint iPhone 5's. Need to do more to iron out all the kiinks though.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:55   #8 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Okay, so here's what I did, and now I'm not getting my carrier to show up.

I restored my iPhone 5, jailbroke it, went to Cydia, downloaded iFile and installed the CommCenter patch for iOS 7, edited the folder /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/310200 and redirected the link to TMobile_US.bundle, restarted the iPhone. Calling and Text works, USSD works, Voicemail doesn't even after restarting also, the iPhone states that there is "No Service" however and there's no Data now.

Help?

Last edited by itsAirWick; 02-02-2014 at 02:03.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:13   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Insert SIM by itself without R-SIM, wait for Activation Required, and then insert R-SIM and SIM together. If you have a newer T-Mobile nano SIM, you have to run iRose patch from rsim5.com/nano4g.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:39   #10 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Both methods didn't work. iPhone still says No Service. ):
Old 02-02-2014, 05:16   #11 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

I ended up installing the package A from isamteam.com repo and switched out the replaced Default.phoneformat with the original one instead of the "carrier fix" one.

I still don't get voicemail however, but I get the USSD. I think its because of the "Unknown" number issue. When you set up R-Sim's for your customers, they still work?
Old 02-02-2014, 22:01   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

That could be true. I haven't done many Sprint customers in the last week. I guess all the Sprint people are happy using Sprint and getting ripped off not knowing there's a solution out there.

Yea, all the R-SIM 9's that I used work except for two, which I was using as my testing SIMs. I guess they only have a specific handling life before they fail, so try to give customers new chips. The number one reason for them failing is the tail at the bottom of the chip bending.

Regarding R-SIM Minis, I've had mixed success, strictly because they bend very easily if you don't support them from the bottom. I don't recommend installing these unless you're sure the customer won't take them out of the phone and you can get the technique down well.